Hang Your Heads In Shame

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Norman said:

I peaked on the tube back to Wembley from Covent Garden.  I was ducking loud on the way out of the tube, all the way up Wembley Way.

Same as you in the ground.

Disappointed with myself. 

Too many non-fans in the actual ground/concourses.

Sounds stupid too but I felt almost like I'd sang myself out! 

About ready for a sit down and a chat when the game kicked off!! 

But seriously, it wasn't our best. We could have done better. Villa too. But it was a nervy game and nerves often has people watching intently. 

We had our moments though. And Villa did as we would if we were in the lead. They made some great noise but were clearly nervous when we started to take control. 

If we'd scored early then the party would have got going for us. 

3 minutes ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

Agree our support was poo villa fans were deafening at times roll on next season back to the 25k loyal supporters bunch of plastics ?

Ok let’s look at the above ,

back to 25 k loyal supporters , of which 1500 singers ? Another 2000 who like to be around the singers and sing some of the time ? Leaves 21500 plastics ?

Oh sod off. Sick of seeing football fans of all stripes being slagged off constantly for one thing or another. Only in this country could we be treated like cash cows by football clubs, keeping millionaires comfortable in their cushy lifestyles and still be made to feel guilty about it for not doing enough.

Other countries value their supporters; over here we're never good enough. I've had enough of it.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Sounds stupid too but I felt almost like I'd sang myself out! 

About ready for a sit down and a chat when the game kicked off!! 

But seriously, it wasn't our best. We could have done better. Villa too. But it was a nervy game and nerves often has people watching intently. 

We had our moments though. And Villa did as we would if we were in the lead. They made some great noise but were clearly nervous when we started to take control. 

If we'd scored early then the party would have got going for us. 

Can you post the twitter handle of your loved ones. I'm going to give them abuse for you costing us promotion!

I don't think wembley is ever conducive to a good atmosphere tbh as people who normally sit together often don't, singers are spread out and yes you do get people who don't often go. I don't think villa were any good before they scored their goal or once we started actually pressuring them which was when i thought the atmosphere from us noticeably picked up. 

Outside the ground and at covent garden it was brilliant i thought though, as some have said a fair few 'peaked' too early as i was about hoarse by the time i entered the ground myself. 

I didnt think it was too bad. Always hard to hear stuff in Wembley to be honest and I was the row next to the singing section.

I have to say to the old plastic half fan idiot 3 rows behind who hit me with a scarf to sit down. At least be polite about it *******. 

3 hours ago, CheltenhamRam said:

Wembley just isn’t the best for atmosphere, huge chunks of the game were very quiet from both teams ? 

Especially when you don’t have an anthem. We don’t. Villa do. They all know it so all joined in. We were singing 4 different songs at the same time with no common bond.

They were only loud when they did their club anthem. You could see several pockets in villa end doing what we were doing to no avail then that infernal anthem thing they do started and it all linked up. 

We need a YNWA, Delilah, Marching on together. Yadda yadda. 

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Mmm, I was in 212 and me and the missus tried to support and encourage. 

So not everyone thank you very much. 

No idea what was going behind and to the right of us, some fighting. 

Nah not everyone. You might have been right in front of us. Got told to “sit down now” 4 minutes in when we broke into the villa half, kinda set the tone for the whole game. Too many Derby fans morbid throughout the game. Villa backed their boys, we didn’t. Not saying that was the deciding factor but we should have got behind them, I don’t think we did in our block. 

Everybody creaming over 38k and it sounded like 500. Shocking. 

So we get 30k ish for home games with 20k of today's tickets made up of season tickets holders/members etc who all piled into the singing section but refused to sing (according to @BurtonRam7)

All the singers out of the other 10k weren't able to get tickets, so instead we got 20k 'daytrippers' who were just there for a day out. (Are 'daytrippers' women and kids by any chance? Some women by me weren't even hammered off their faces!) Rank bad luck that all those proper singing fans missed out eh?

I conducted a poll of the nearest 60 people to me and their favourite Derby players of all time were mostly Brian Clough, Sergio Aguero and Kim Kardashian. Bamfords!

Was good atmosphere where I was and Villa did make good noise...when they were winning. Was wishing I had bought my kids along too. I hadn't as family stand sold out, but they would have been fine where I ended up. Reading some posts here though, the odds of ending up near a foul mouthed yob were high. Even in the family stand. Might risk it for next year's final though.

Support was decent but not brilliant around us at Row 7 most people seemed nervy or distraught for the most part, don't need to be a drama queen about it . As people have said Wembley is not great for creating an atmosphere and up until we were 2-0 down it was hardly like we were given that much to cheer about.

When I in got my seat in the singing section it was quite obvious that many people in this section were never going to be standing up and singing I was surprised TBH. Villa was only loud after they scored. 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Atmosphere was dog ? . In 522 and it was full of day trippers and people in 15yr old shirts who knew f### all about today's squad. Play off final is rubbish . Everyone sat down and not one chant all game ,. Pathetic

I have a season ticket and a current away shirt. The shirt I wore today was 20 years old, because it’s my favourite shirt. Get a grip.

I don’t think the fans deserve to be turned on.

You can only be responsible for what you do. There are different ways to show commitment and different ways to consume the game.

The decisions with the starting XI sucked the air and any good feeling out of the stadium.

Let’s be honest, it took us 70 minutes to get in behind Villa’s defence and create half a chance. We were that nervous and that overwhelmed by the occasion.

I really don’t think the fans can be blamed. Performance and selection are greater concerns.

You can’t turn up for 25 minutes and expect to win a showpiece game. Villa were just better on the day in handling the occasion - fans and players alike.

2 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I have a season ticket and a current away shirt. The shirt I wore today was 20 years old, because it’s my favourite shirt. Get a grip.

I saw fans with replica shirts from the charity shield in 70s. They looked so new it was like they had never been worn. Clearly daytrippers who had a day out in the 70s and haven't been to a game since.

Archived