Hang Your Heads In Shame

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Who knows when we’ll be back?

Who knows indeed, we could always skip the playoffs next year eh.

After all, we’ve got the nucleus of a decent championship team, nothing to fear coming down, go again next year and do a Norwich in automatics ?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great deal of atmosphere while watching it on TV. Seemed very biased commentating to me. Like there was only one team in it and the result was a formality. Gave Rams little credit for some very good passing moves.

12 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

To clarify my point after calming down a little, my ire is mostly aimed at those who got tickets in the ‘singing section’ but simply refused to sing and looked at those who tried to do so with disdain. If you want to focus on the minutiae of the game, sit somewhere which reflects that.

The way the tickets were sold was not conducive to people sitting somewhere that reflected whether they sing or not , I join in with singing but the poster that answered you has a point in that not all sing and fans whose idea of supporting is to set out proudly to get as drunk as they can from the minute they wake up on game day and throw up as often as needed so they can carry on drinking till they fall over then badger the crap out of those around them to join with them need to top and have a bit of a rethink on whether their perception of other fans is actually correct, 

there was not much singing in our section but there was fighting as we had villa fans ( tossers) in with us and stewards that were just not sorting it out ,I blame club Wembley greed 

you wont like this but I’m going to say it simply because from some of your posts it’s clear you have a brain if people want to drink all day to total excess sit somewhere that reflects it ,,,, in the pub 

Don’t tell me to hang my head in shame, I drove and took my dad and my lad for a great day out, we sat in the family area though it was still full of peed up knobs, we sang we made a noise, there were 38,000 of us in there, some people can support without being vocal.

franks selection didn’t enamour every one and the first hour of the game was hardly conducive to wall of sound from our half of the ground.

not sure what happened to the singing section, perhaps to much beer had been consumed, I turned up for a football match so I am not going to blame the fans.

we turned up in numbers this time, we turned up in numbers last time and we will turn up in numbers next time !

we lost ! At least we had a day out at Wembley ! 

Think about poor old Audrina who lead the boys out !

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Who knows indeed, we could always skip the playoffs next year eh.

After all, we’ve got the nucleus of a decent championship team, nothing to fear coming down, go again next year and do a Norwich in automatics ?

I need a little break from football before I start thinking about next season!

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

The way the tickets were sold was not conducive to people sitting somewhere that reflected whether they sing or not , I join in with singing but the poster that answered you has a point in that not all sing and fans whose idea of supporting is to set out proudly to get as drunk as they can from the minute they wake up on game day and throw up as often as needed so they can carry on drinking till they fall over then badger the crap out of those around them to join with them need to top and have a bit of a rethink on whether their perception of other fans is actually correct, 

there was not much singing in our section but there was fighting as we had villa fans ( tossers) in with us and stewards that were just not sorting it out ,I blame club Wembley greed 

you wont like this but I’m going to say it simply because from some of your posts it’s clear you have a brain if people want to drink all day to total excess sit somewhere that reflects it ,,,, in the pub 

I get your point. But you don’t have to be drunk to sing and I don’t expect everyone to be the same type of fan. It was just so frustrating to see the ‘singing section’ not being arsed to get behind the team in the second half of a play off final.

I appreciate your acknowledgement of the fact that I have a brain sometimes! I like to think of myself as a rational person but Derby is the one thing that I allow to completely cloud my judgment, and it leads to threads like this at times. 

Can only speak for myself but I sang more outside the ground than inside! 

I joined in everything up until the first couple of minutes and then I found the game stressful. I didn't feel confident without Marriott in the team. 

Got going again after they scored but then shut up again during the first 25 mins of the 2nd half where it felt like about 5 mins football was played. Was mostly shouting out in frustration. 

Sang at the end. Definitely could have done more. 

The occasion got to me ffs!! ?

12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Ha ha ha. Good one, needed a laugh.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha ha ha. Good one, needed a laugh.

Just trying to cheer a young bloke up Roy, not much different to my youngest who said swallowing hard and has been asking all the way back, “when will we ever get out the championship Dad? I’ve never seen them in the Premiership”. Told him mate you could always support Man Utd/City, Liverpool like some of your glory mates texting you grief, or even support Forest.

He just said never to all that, plus least he didn’t cry this time! Always next year Roy.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Just trying to cheer a young bloke up Roy, not much different to my youngest who said swallowing hard and has been asking all the way back, “when will we ever get out the championship Dad? I’ve never seen them in the Premiership”...

He just said never to all that, plus least he didn’t cry this time! Always next year Roy.

Fair does. It's tougher for the youngsters. #

There's always next year as you say. Tell him that whatever happens we are Derby, super Derby, super Rams. #COYR

46 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I didn't make it today as I'm 8000 miles away but the atmosphere was probably identical to the 2006 play off final before we scored, and that was awful. 2013 was better as we played well almost to the end. Recency bias and the passage of time can make us forget this. 

2007 we were underdogs and not creating much on the field

2014 we were the better team pretty much the whole game

2019 we were underdogs and created less until the last 15 minutes. 

There is a pattern. 

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Can only speak for myself but I sang more outside the ground than inside! 

I joined in everything up until the first couple of minutes and then I found the game stressful. I didn't feel confident without Marriott in the team. 

Got going again after they scored but then shut up again during the first 25 mins of the 2nd half where it felt like about 5 mins football was played. Was mostly shouting out in frustration. 

Sang at the end. Definitely could have done more. 

The occasion got to me ffs!! ?

I peaked on the tube back to Wembley from Covent Garden.  I was ducking loud on the way out of the tube, all the way up Wembley Way.

Same as you in the ground.

Disappointed with myself. 

Too many non-fans in the actual ground/concourses.

It helps Villa that they have 2/3 very easy catchy well known songs to sing so everyone joins in. Us, well, it’s been almost all season and most still don’t know the words of songs created by fans. 

Not that it would have made too much difference, but some serious thought needs to be made so we can have tunes/ songs as easy, repeatable and catchy to make our own.

Until we do we will be playing catch up in the singing stakes. 

A few points:

wembley isn’t conducive to a good atmosphere, especially in nervy games like this.

the villa fans were quiet too-I was sat right next to them and before their first they began to turn on the team with a few  disgruntled boos-not the wonderful support some thought.

too many day trippers having a nice day out, certainly.

franks bizarre team selection sucked the life out of a lot of people, just like it did before the Leeds game at home. Lampard got a lot wrong today and pretty much everyone knew it prior to kick off unfortunately

finally, no problem with the atmosphere in the last 15 was there, when we deciding to have a go.

No point blaming each other, it is what it is, a combination of factors which lead to a rather flat atmosphere. 

Our time will come. I might be dead by then, but it will come. 

I had a great time today.

Really disappointed by the result and I think the fans peaked too early in Zone 1 but we all need to calm down.

We had a good season and didn’t play like poo at Wembley for once. Call me a unambitious but that’s not bad.

Archived