Hang Your Heads In Shame

Just chucking my two bob bit in here, and feel free to shoot me down, but wasn't there a ticketing issue whereby folks could not get the seats they wanted and that general sale folk got the pick of the bunch? I think if the first allocation went as we all thought it should, the shush brigade would have been sat elsewhere. Just a thought..

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

Oops......Sorry did you forget to bring the drum with you? Or do the Wembley stewards take it off you at the entrance ? ?

Well that was funny, keep trying mate and by the end of the night I may force a little smile at your come backs

Thought even from our ‘10 minutes’ before the game that the atmosphere was a bit lacking. Pretty sure the rendition of ‘Steve Bloomer’s Watching’ gave me goose bumps against QPR but was nothing like that today. Also as much as I love the ‘We are Derby’ bit, I’m not sure it was the best thing for today - nothing to sing along to and the Villa fans could boo away to their hearts’ content.

However, I was struck before the game wandering around the stadium and the fan parks just how much of a family club we are. Truly fans of all ages, far more so than Villa I thought. Got to accept that not all those people are going to sing and chant in the same way as the ‘hardcore’ support do. They still support and care about the club, many have been season ticket holders for decades I’m sure.

The one overriding thing from this season with Frank has been the unity on the pitch - think we should all stand together off it too and accept that fans support in different ways. It’s not a competition - we are all Derby, might even say it’s in our DNA.

I have a feeling that if we had, had a go from the off, instead of showing too much respect to Villa, that in itself would have got the fans singing. As it was our football was uninspiring and flat.

What a lovely thing to do, blame the fans after losing a Playoff final that they paid 50+ pounds to get to and tell them how they should act and how much they should sing. How bloody condescending can you be. The amount you sing, does not equate to how much passion you have for the club. I, for one, was not singing as much but shouting encouragement which I think is far more effective than singing about how much we hate Forest.

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

I have a feeling that if we had, had a go from the off, instead of showing too much respect to Villa, that in itself would have got the fans singing. As it was our football was uninspiring and flat.

Think both sides were uninspiring and flat first half,they looked a bit of a threat where as we didn’t look like threatening at all. They got the goal which I thought was really soft actually and he shouldn’t get his head on it, poor goal to give away. 

When we make the changes at 2-0 we looked threatening for the first time in the game, still  fans didn’t sing. 

I’m done with football now ??

4 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I didn't make it today as I'm 8000 miles away but the atmosphere was probably identical to the 2006 play off final before we scored, and that was awful. 2013 was better as we played well almost to the end. Recency bias and the passage of time can make us forget this. 

Who was you supporting in 2006 and 2013???

Ticketing was handled awfully by the club. Look at the way villa did it, we do it like that and our atmosphere is much more organised and better.

No effect on the result tho. That lies in the hands of Lampard, some individual players, and the football gods who didn’t want us to win today.

7 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I didn't make it today as I'm 8000 miles away but the atmosphere was probably identical to the 2006 play off final before we scored, and that was awful. 2013 was better as we played well almost to the end. Recency bias and the passage of time can make us forget this. 

R u a year out on both of the dates on purpose or did you lose a year before 2005?

Bizarre to suggest that the clubs action somehow jeopardised the chance for real supporters to go? Every season ticket holder could get one. That’s what 18k or so. Then the non st holders with purchase history so maybe another 6-10k maybe. Then you will get a further 10k ish buying who are “part-time” or one offs.. 

what should they do guarantee all st holders 1.5 tickets?

maybe st holders buying up to 10 for their mates is s problem

The fans were poor today, we didn’t get any proper chants going... the atmosphere before the match and outside was amazing, Covent Garden etc and outside the stadium... ousung Villa... but not when it mattered during the match ...too many drunk people had peaked too early in my opinion and nothing coherent was sung and we didn’t hear half the chants and encouragement we usually give. The players needed us and we didn’t deliver. 

20 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

To clarify my point after calming down a little, my ire is mostly aimed at those who got tickets in the ‘singing section’ but simply refused to sing and looked at those who tried to do so with disdain. If you want to focus on the minutiae of the game, sit somewhere which reflects that.

Mate I get that, but when Villa were 2 up no wonder all their fans were singing, boot on the other foot our ALL in our singing section would have been singing, clapping, making noise, so we would have been no different and I expect they would have been quieter.

Typically fans of all teams react to what’s going on in front of them, think how quiet and moany it was at old Trafford in the cup, who was doing all the singing most of the time. I know it’s not the same and it’s a good point made by Bobby D some fans had no choice where they sat remember and would not even have realised they were in a singing section; everyone would have been happy and joining in to some extent if we had been winning.

This debate is a bit blame culture, when everyone is feeling disappointment.

Brilliant day today, no surprise for this forum for fans trying to turn on each other, no atmosphere, try sitting where we were, it was great.

i haven’t posted for  a while and I remember why, hypocritical fans who think they better than anyone else,

great season frank, well done to the players and hats off to the Derby fans, throughout the season ?

Harsh I know but having just got back after a 15 hour round trip including over 6 hours standing on hot, overcrowded trains - which is nothing compared with many on here I know - I can't help but think that I put in a damn sight more effort for my team today than some of the did on the pitch today. So - yeah - the atmosphere could have been better  - but it improved a fair bit when our team looked threatening in the last 10 minutes or so. Maybe a bit more of that would have got a better response

Again, harsh I know - but I can't help but feel like this was a half-ar$ed effort from most of our side for most of the game that got a fair response from the fans who did the lion's share of the hard work today.

10 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

What a lovely thing to do, blame the fans after losing a Playoff final that they paid 50+ pounds to get to and tell them how they should act and how much they should sing. How bloody condescending can you be. The amount you sing, does not equate to how much passion you have for the club. I, for one, was not singing as much but shouting encouragement which I think is far more effective than singing about how much we hate Forest.

Shouting encouragement is fine! Anything is better than sitting like we’re watching a funeral procession. I’m not a huge fan of singing songs about other clubs either. 

I’m just extremely disappointed in how flat our fans were when we’ve been building this game up for so long.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Mate I get that, but when Villa were 2 up no wonder all their fans were singing, boot on the other foot our ALL in our singing section would have been singing, clapping, making noise, so we would have been no different and I expect they would have been quieter.

Typically fans of all teams react to what’s going on in front of them, think how quiet and moany it was at old Trafford in the cup, who was doing all the singing most of the time. I know it’s not the same and it’s a good point made by Bobby D some fans had no choice where they sat remember and would not even have realised they were in a singing section; everyone would have been happy and joining in to some extent if we had been winning.

This debate is a bit blame culture, when everyone is feeling disappointment.

I appreciate that it’s going to ramp up massively if you score. I don’t expect us to out sing Villa all game, especially just after they’ve scored.

What I do expect though is for our fans to be able to get up for a play off final at Wembley, regardless of what’s happening on the pitch. Who knows when we’ll be back?

Archived