Hang Your Heads In Shame

28 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

No, not the players. The performance on the pitch wasn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible. I can take the loss.

What I can’t stomach is how embarrassing our fans  were today. I’ve seen more atmosphere in the North Stand for a pre-season friendly. When the boys needed us most in the second half, we let them down. A couple of us in the ‘singing section’ were trying to get things going but we were met with dirty looks and disdain. I was absolutely fuming for the majority of the second half because our ‘fans’ offered the square root of duck all.

I'd have sung my heart out today but was sat watching it on Sky, be thousands more like me I guess. I hope fans do remember this in future when getting up the queue and buying up for every tom dick and harry in their phone book. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burton Ram totally correct.  Our support was woeful. 

I never once heard Lampard at the wheel song clearly ( an attempt behind goal in first half was nt even half hearted )

I can only conclude lots of fans got tickets who don't normally go. I also know lots of fans who don't go bar one or two games who went.

The way we sold tickets ensured non attending fans could get tickets.

Club can sell however they want.

But every action has a consequence and today the support was abject in comparison to Villas support 

Shame but true 

Leeds away fans supported all game long even when begind on the night and in the face of loudest home atmosphere I've ever experienced around a whole ground.

Today was as expected 

Only thing is it's unfair to expect fans who rarely go to games to have lasison to sing and offer vocal support.

Villa fans in middle tier section mostly stood in the TV side of ground.  We nearyl all say.....and when some fans remained standing after our equaliser they were asked to sit down repeatedly by our daytripper fans.  

28 minutes ago, Donny Ram said:

Don’t tell me — you sit in the south stand and are more of a fan than anyone who sits elsewhere 

No. Re read.  He's correctly observed our support was very poor today

We had a comparison to make .....and villa were twice as loud as our fans throughout the game. 

Who cares! I watch for the football - not for the songs - otherwise I would watch the voice (which I don’t)!

I understand atmosphere helps crowds and teams - but seriously - I will not be convinced a louder Rams contingent would have seen Roos’ actually punch that fecking ball!

16 minutes ago, alanmarklewis said:

You’re right, I was in the singing section and we tried our best but noone else would join in ?.

There were pockets of us I think mate. The problem was that we were met with looks that suggested we were laughing at a funeral.

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Atmosphere outside the ground was amazing. Was surprised by the state of it inside. 

Think the second half atmosphere was dictated by the scoreline, though (especially the second goal). All well and good to wag your finger at those in the stands, but we're human beings. We react to what we see. People around me were just straight out gutted. Some even were from the moment they saw the teamsheet...

I think the least you can expect in our biggest game in five years is that we back the team even if we go behind. We’ve shown time and time again this season that this team has the heart to fight back, but their ability to do this is hampered when the fans are creating a funeral atmosphere.

21 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Atmosphere outside the ground was amazing. Was surprised by the state of it inside. 

Think the second half atmosphere was dictated by the scoreline, though (especially the second goal). All well and good to wag your finger at those in the stands, but we're human beings. We react to what we see. People around me were just straight out gutted. Some even were from the moment they saw the teamsheet...

Yes absolutely, the goals were gifted by our defence and this seemed to drain the enthusiasm from the supporters. Also agree on the team sheet. Didn't look like a team to take the game to Villa. 

31 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I dont think anyone is playing a "I'm a better fan" game, just pointing out we were quiet today.

He's not lying, he's right!

Most certainly weren't quiet in 223, in fact, with villa fans behind the barriers behind us cheering their goals, fights nearly broke out, drinks thrown, couple of fans clambering over chairs to get to the villa fans, stood outside their boxes. 

Derby fan behind me didn't shut up all match, think he had come to a football match by mistake, wanted the boxing, endless shouts of hit him when villa had the ball and a Derby player chasing. 

But yes, definitely not a quiet /boring one where I was sat! 

18 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Who cares! I watch for the football - not for the songs - otherwise I would watch the voice (which I don’t)!

I understand atmosphere helps crowds and teams - but seriously - I will not be convinced a louder Rams contingent would have seen Roos’ actually punch that fecking ball!

It’s not the reason we lost of course but it was pretty poor during the game getting moaned at for standing up and in the whole block I was in only a handful of fans getting behind the team. I was shocked after the atmosphere all morning. ?

Know what I do when I go to the football? I watch the match.

You lot are obviously cleverer than me coz I ain't got the brain cells to be able to sing my lungs out and analyze the game - so I leave the singing to others. You can moan all you like about me and others who preferred to do this, I'll be there next season, still actually taking in the match and not singing - whether you like it or not.

56 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Another "I'm a better fan than you thread..."

Boring.

Re read and appreciate its not about biggest fans.  It's about fans to create an atmosphere.

Football historically created a good atmosphere.  Less sonin modern grounds.

To not create a loud atmosphere in a massive game at Wembley is more than odd    Its a massive disappointment

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Correct. 

Embarrassed by block 212, no support whatsoever. 

Not down about the game but what a poor effort from our fans. 

Mmm, I was in 212 and me and the missus tried to support and encourage. 

So not everyone thank you very much. 

No idea what was going behind and to the right of us, some fighting. 

Me and my son were in 523 - I was the only one who really got up - I always shout a lot and pretty vocal. My son calms me down sometime 

some  lads came in at half time - and they got up singin  and tried to get everything going  / they were great

shout our  to ginger lad in tweed jacket - immense guy 

but I’m not sitting with clappers in upper tiers again. Some  of them I don’t think were footie fans. Embarrassing - have to sort this out 

loads of fans missed out - who we need 

1 minute ago, Ramchop said:

Thank goodness for small miracles. 

Thank goodness the cinema viewing fans will be absent at our next 46 games ( good cup games withstanding ) 

As nice as the seats are at Wembley I'd take atmosphere and songs every day of week 

I appreciate your humour , bit having been at Leeds it was a massively sung song. 

4 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Thank goodness the cinema viewing fans will be absent at our next 46 games ( good cup games withstanding ) 

As nice as the seats are at Wembley I'd take atmosphere and songs every day of week 

I appreciate your humour , bit having been at Leeds it was a massively sung song. 

The club need those cinema goers next season, irrespective of the atmosphere.  Every £ will be a prisoner. Thats just the way football is nowadays.

Archived