Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Clough

Silence

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Did the fans turn up today?

Once again, the fans didn’t turn up when it mattered. Some running away at half time, some sitting on their hands after we scored.

We have a fantastic core you are there to support us home and away, but when it really matters, there’s not enough to spur the team on. It’s no surprise to me our best performances have been away when we’ve taken a few thousand fans. When the ground is silent (home and Wembley) we as fans don’t offer enough. 

Our fans  were loud all morning around London but I agree very quite around me,the lady next to me never even clapped at any point ffs. 😩🐑

3 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Haha. 

"I'm a better fan than all of you!!"

How old are you @Ghost of Clough?

Why should age have any relevance on this conversation? I just wish others shared the same unconditional love and support for my club which I have

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Why should age have any relevance on this conversation? I just wish others shared the same unconditional love and support for my club which I have

Because YOU are the best fan we have! Nobody else compares!

Now we've solved that mystery, close this thread?

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

No surprise when every non-ST holder was thrown into a lottery for a ticket. The way Villa sold they probably had less day trippers there.

Exactly this...... Derby take note if there’s a next time 

I forgot to mention the class A b*llend in the middle of block 526 who tried to throw his drink(?) at the Villa fans shortly after their 2nd, only for it to hit our own fans . I hope I never see him at another Derby game again. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I love passionate fans. Love them. They're what makes the game. Without them the game dies.

Question, were you swearing a lot while you were asking the other fans to get involved?

The fans turned up before the match. Once the match started we looked slow and lethargic. We picked up of course but sometimes it’s hard to build an atmosphere when things don’t start well and there’s little if substance to cheer. I do think in that spell on top fans could’ve done more, I was trying in my block and tbf round me we were loud then and towards the end when we scored. Really can’t understand why the whole ground didn’t pick up then cause for a few minutes there really was hope. It probably is to do with the number of half fans who turned up for a day out who aren’t as invested as us in the season. 

Dont think you pull the away day card tho as by and large we’ve been absolutely awful away from home this season! It’s only our home form that got us close, that one game against Leeds makes you forget all the other away games but it doesn’t wipe them from existence, brilliant as it was. 

As I say tho, I’ve never been a fan of blaming fans for being quiet. For shouting stupid poo like lump it and moaning when we’re trying to be patient and play out from the back yeah. Idiots who don’t understand the game can get the criticisms of. But fans can’t build an atmosphere without something on the pitch. Sorry

3 hours ago, SWRam said:

Lets face it, Derby support is poor at the best of times. We may have more numbers than a lot of teams, but vocally we are rubbish.

If we measure fans commitment based on the negativity you continually spout on here then for once I have to agree with you.

4 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Load of rubbish. Where I was sat the whole stand was up for it. 

Naturally you are going to quieten when you concede, especially a second goal. 

Villa support was way louder than ours 

Acceptance of that is better than denial.

Villa fans won't have heard you btw

Seems too me too many of our fans were looking at the fans around them, rather than leading the singing. Did you need someone to hold your hand?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Yes they would, I had one at the side of me. 

Fantastic.     

Maybe with such polite noise as Eminated from our end we can soon do away with segregation and bid farewell to the passionate fan based game.

Think cricket.....you and your friend can akeaysbsit together .....

Marvelous loads of Derby supporters from days when our support was fantastic stayed away today.

Edited by Igorlegend11

Some rubbish being posted on this thread tonight - seems like some posters just have to find scapegoats and because they're reluctant to be seen criticising the management or players then it's got to be the fans.

If we were out-shouted by Villa fans then it's hardly surprising - a couple of factors to consider. Villa's average home attendance exceeded 36k, almost 10k more than ours. Their ticketing system appeared to ensure that the regular fan got a seat whereas virtually a third of the Rams fans were at best casual attendees who are far less likely to give the same level of vocal support continuously throughout the game.

We were in block 223 it was crap two lads next to us I don’t think they said a word to each other all game never mind get behind the lads ffs at my ripe age I was stood up getting behind the team as we should all of done villa fans wanted this more than us no doubt were they better than us I don’t think they were let’s go again Frank and reduce our crowd to 25k far better support than 38k  

We probably weren't has vocal at times as the Villa fans. But if our team had made a more upbeat  start to the game and also gone into a 2-0 lead, don't you think our half of Wembley would have been bouncing.

Talking to some Villa fans after the game and they said they were getting into party mood just before we scored and a lot of their fans stopped being as vocal as they started getting nervous about us getting another goal.

So yes it would be great if everyone gave 100% vocal support, no matter how the team were performing on the pitch but sometimes it needs the players on the to produce that something that will spark a reaction from the supporters

Thought we were quiet in the stadium to be honest but from 10 this morning it had been fantastic singing everywhere ...the tube journey was rocking ...I’ve lost my voice shouting but when you spread all of the fans out in the stadium especially the ones who try to get it going it’s just not the same as say 3000 away at bramall lane  ...pity 

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Some rubbish being posted on this thread tonight - seems like some posters just have to find scapegoats and because they're reluctant to be seen criticising the management or players then it's got to be the fans.

If we were out-shouted by Villa fans then it's hardly surprising - a couple of factors to consider. Villa's average home attendance exceeded 36k, almost 10k more than ours. Their ticketing system appeared to ensure that the regular fan got a seat whereas virtually a third of the Rams fans were at best casual attendees who are far less likely to give the same level of vocal support continuously throughout the game.

Spot on.......we rushed to sell ours as easily as possible and to anyone.

Real Shame.

Those empty seats together IMPLY they may have been bought via an automated BOT attack.  Seetickets will deploy sophisticated technology to spot and stop such things.  

We have nt for the ticketing ability nor programming code to allow various areas to be up for sale at the same time..

Really.wish we had sold out tickets via a large ticketing website