Melbourne DCFC fans

Bam285

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of us will be huddling around a heater watching the game in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. Midnight kick off over here on Monday night, making it very user unfriendly. I’ve been a long time, distant fan from the Clough/ Taylor days. The young fella, PatfromOz, got smittened when we were last at Wembley. Obviously hoping for a different outcome today. Pat saw his beloved rams earlier in the season, a 1-0 win away at Wigan, on a cold, wet Saturday. The absolute kindness from @coneheadjohn  and @BarrowRam will never be forgotten, he still waxes lyrically about it, and Frank leading the bounce in the driving rain. Loved watching the players celebrations at Elland Rd, but the interaction of Carson, Davis (ticket giveaways) and Bryson and Nugent with singing fans, sort of sums up why supporting Derby is so special, a club with a good heart and connection. May the Rams be with you. COYRs. 

14 minutes ago, derbynut said:

A couple of us will be huddling around a heater watching the game in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. Midnight kick off over here on Monday night, making it very user unfriendly. I’ve been a long time, distant fan from the Clough/ Taylor days. The young fella, PatfromOz, got smittened when we were last at Wembley. Obviously hoping for a different outcome today. Pat saw his beloved rams earlier in the season, a 1-0 win away at Wigan, on a cold, wet Saturday. The absolute kindness from @coneheadjohn  and @BarrowRam will never be forgotten, he still waxes lyrically about it, and Frank leading the bounce in the driving rain. Loved watching the players celebrations at Elland Rd, but the interaction of Carson, Davis (ticket giveaways) and Bryson and Nugent with singing fans, sort of sums up why supporting Derby is so special, a club with a good heart and connection. May the Rams be with you. COYRs. 

That’s what it’s all about mate,thanks for the thought...kindness is underrated.

55 minutes ago, derbynut said:

So glad Pat enjoyed his day at Wigan. It was a cold wet Saturday afternoon. I bet he was frozen. Conehead John did all the work for the ticket for Pat. I just was lucky enough to pass the ticket to Pat. Hope you enjoy the match in the blue mountains and we get the result this great club deserves.

29 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

So glad Pat enjoyed his day at Wigan. It was a cold wet Saturday afternoon. I bet he was frozen. Conehead John did all the work for the ticket for Pat. I just was lucky enough to pass the ticket to Pat. Hope you enjoy the match in the blue mountains and we get the result this great club deserves.

He wouldn’t have got it without you mate.

On 27/05/2019 at 08:44, derbynut said:

I managed to cut my work trip short in the end in time to get back for Monday. However, I'm over in Norwest, just outside of Sydney, for work semi-regularly and was looking at a lonely night in a hotel by myself watching the final at one point. I hadn't realised you guys were around. Next time I'm over we should grab a beer, especially if there's any football on.

6 hours ago, Paese said:

I managed to cut my work trip short in the end in time to get back for Monday. However, I'm over in Norwest, just outside of Sydney, for work semi-regularly and was looking at a lonely night in a hotel by myself watching the final at one point. I hadn't realised you guys were around. Next time I'm over we should grab a beer, especially if there's any football on.

Been a long time lurker on the forum, too hard to act all informed from afar, but always found it amusing and even occasionally informative. The beauty is you feel a connection with like minded fans, even if you don’t always agree with their opinions. As you’ve probably realised most football fans in Aus follow one of the “big” clubs, so following Derby, is looked upon as an oddity. I wear it as a badge of honour. Pat started off supporting Chelsea, but after years of conversion therapy, he is a 100% a ram. I explained to him supporting Derby is a bit like a Keats poem, you can’t experience joy without having experienced melancholy, it’s the Derby way. Pat has moved to Wollongong this year for Uni, but came home to watch the play off final, obviously disappointing, but the future seems bright, roll on August. Norwest can be a pretty soulless place, but beer always helps, sounds good.    

Archived