Life long Derby fan took his life this week. Wembley request.

DCFC27

This is hard for me to write but my brother passed away this week, he lost his battle with depression and I found him. Just prior to his death he bought tickets to this game with my Dad and myself. After a much debating we have decided to go. I'm struggling to ask but it would mean the world to my Dad if there was someway that it could be marked at the game... it may feel like he's with us there. Maybe even to chant his name in the 27th minute... Grant Burkey he was 27. 

I know its quite late in the day and I'm prepared for it not to happen but to here his name echo around Wembley for a minute would mean everything.  

Thank you. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DcfcJB said:

This is hard for me to write but my brother passed away this week, he lost his battle with depression and I found him. Just prior to his death he bought tickets to this game with my Dad and myself. After a much debating we have decided to go. I'm struggling to ask but it would mean the world to my Dad if there was someway that it could be marked at the game... it may feel like he's with us there. Maybe even to chant his name in the 27th minute... Grant Burkey he was 27. 

I know its quite late in the day and I'm prepared for it not to happen but to here his name echo around Wembley for a minute would mean everything.  

Thank you. 

A minute's applause maybe easier. If you post on all the forums and maybe get it on the DET website you will have more chance.  

4 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Thank you. 

put it on the Villa forums too. They will respect your request I'm sure.

16 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Thank you. 

First of all I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, so won't attempt to spout empty platitudes.

I would echo what Sage has said and try and spread the message around on both Derby and Villa forums, as well as Twitter if you have it.

It probably won't be of any consolation, but hopefully Derby can mark the day in the way your brother would've wanted by returning to the Premier League. I'm sure he'd be watching that with a smile.

20 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Thank you. 

So sorry for your loss 

So so sorry. Please dont forget to take some time for yourself and your family. Don't be afraid to talk, to cry, to show your emotion. What a terrible thing to go through. I really hope the team give you something to smile about tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Thank you. 

Really sorry for your loss.

Gutted for you and your family fella. I know that he will be in your thoughts throughout tomorrow, but I really hope Derby make the trip worth while for you and it brings a bit of joy into your lives at this sad time.

I've spent the last couple of days visiting my cousins son at the hospital, but sadly we lost him just after 6 this morning aged 42 and I hope Derby can give us all something to smile about.

Sorry for your loss, and I admire you both for deciding to attend the game at this difficult time.I hope you are able to enjoy the day under the circumstances and that the Rams make it a memorable occasion for all the right reasons.

condolence to you and your family at this time.

Archived