Selling Hulse Rumours AGAIN!

Jess

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coventry maybe, can't see West Brom being interested. I know his service aint been great but he's hardly set the Championship alight this season. He might fancy a fresh start at Coventry if a offer is made, not the most glamorous club but with a year left on his contract and Clough obviously preferring his own signing Porter, he could be in for a long season on the bench if he stays.

• 3 weeks later...

30 year old Derby County forward Rob Hulse has only 12 months left on his contract and it looks like the Rams are ready to cash in on the striker this summer.

The Mirror today states that Derby have put their star striker up for sale and expect to receive £1.5million.

According to the paper official enquiries from both QPR and Burnley for Hulse have been received by the club although it is suggested that both Championship rivals think the price tag to be too high considering the player will be on a Bosman next summer.

Hulse signed for Derby from Sheffield United in July 2008 for £1.75m and has previously played for Crewe, West Brom and Leeds United.

This is not the first time we have been linked with Hulse. Brian Laws was understood to have put in a loan bid for him in the New Year with a view to him signing a permanent deal this summer. Derby County were understood to reject the offer along with a similar one from Stoke City.It wasn't clear at the time though whether our interest was more related to the possibility of losing David Nugent and needing an urgent replacement.

In the end of course Portsmouth late in the day agreed to a loan extension for Nugent. Nugent though returned to Fratton Park at the end of this season and is now seeking a move to another Premier League club with Owen Coyle's Bolton being recently linked.

Brian Laws would therefore now appear to wish to rekindle his interest in Hulse.

Hulse has been Derby's top scorer for two consecutive campaigns and last season finished with a tally of 12 goals.

http://www.burnley.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=198999#ixzz0oGr6cp11

Yes i agree. Paulo was the last striker that got me aroused. Christie gave me a semi, and also Junior made me have a premature, as he was injured after scoring at the city ground.

Sorry,Rasiak made it stand up for a while.

Hulse imo with good sevice is a top striker in this division who with the right service is more than capable of getting 15/20 goals next season how much would that goal tally cost to replace in todays market?

I say keep Hulse look for creativity out on the wings and in Midfield.

"Service" is the key word when spelt correctly Mace, doesn't matter if we sign Hooper, Sharp or Pearson from Burton they will all score jack if we keep the same midfield.

I'd only want to see us accept a bid for Hulse if we had either Hooper or Sharp in the bag ready to replace him. Although I can see us selling Hulse then failing with both players and end up back in the loan market again.

"Service" is the key word when spelt correctly Mace, doesn't matter if we sign Hooper, Sharp or Pearson from Burton they will all score jack if we keep the same midfield.

I'd only want to see us accept a bid for Hulse if we had either Hooper or Sharp in the bag ready to replace him. Although I can see us selling Hulse then failing with both players and end up back in the loan market again.

I think the difference between Sharp and Hooper compared to Hulse is they (from my limited viewing of them)can create chance's for themselve's where Hulse has to have it handed on a plate.

One of the strikers continually linked with a move to Coventry City, Derby County's Rob Hulse,is attracting interest from Stoke City.

The Sky Blues have been watching the 30 year old striker for a year and see him as a ready made replacement for out of contract Clinton Morrison. City desperately need to add more fire power to their front line and Hulse is one option.

If Stoke are after Hulse, who is valued at around £1.5m, they would be favourites to get his signature because of their ability to offer Premiership football and wages. Stoke might also offer Michael Tonge to Derby in a player plus cash offer.

Newly relegated Burnley have expressed interest in Rob Hulse in the past and may renew their pursuit of the hit man.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_target_now_a_stoke_target_528660/index.shtml

Archived