An article that shows the magnitude of Lampard’s success

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/frank-lampard-turned-bloated-unfit-Derby-into-play-off-finalists-80q6b8t8p

A highlight

In their first warm-up match, Derby win 4-0 against Crewe Alexandra, but more significant for Lampard and his staff is the feedback from the data analysis team, who report that the statistics for high-intensity running are higher than in any match the previous season under Gary Rowett. Lampard, Morris and Jones are unsure whether to be delighted or worried by that.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/frank-lampard-turned-bloated-unfit-Derby-into-play-off-finalists-80q6b8t8p

A highlight

In their first warm-up match, Derby win 4-0 against Crewe Alexandra, but more significant for Lampard and his staff is the feedback from the data analysis team, who report that the statistics for high-intensity running are higher than in any match the previous season under Gary Rowett. Lampard, Morris and Jones are unsure whether to be delighted or worried by that.

The high intensity running part is hardly surprising when Rowett usually deployed a 1-10-0 formation. 

11 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

but, after a 4-0 defeat away to Aston Villa on March 2, he lets rip. One player in particular bears the brunt of the manager’s anger. It is a gamble. Will it bring the team together or will it cause divisions?

No speculation, but Marriott? 

The team for Derby that day was

Carson

Cole (Malone 45) Tomori Keogh Wisdom

Bird Evans (Wilson 45)

Bennett (Bogle 55) Holmes Jozefzoon

Marriott 

20 minutes ago, RAMesses III said:

Carson

Bird Evans (Wilson 45)

Marriott 

It's only hear say but I've heard whispers the Marriott 'fall out' was due to Derby rejecting a bid in January and Frank telling Marriott he needed more time before making that step up to the prem.

If that is true then I think Frank has handled the situation well. His apparent man management has been one of the highlights for me, particularly in all the encouragement etc. given to Bogle

53 minutes ago, RAMesses III said:

Carson

Bird Evans (Wilson 45)

Marriott 

No wonder we got battered that game.

7 or 8 changes to that team to get our strongest current line up. 

59 minutes ago, RAMesses III said:

Carson

Bird Evans (Wilson 45)

Marriott 

My first guess was Evans, but I recall someone saying he was subbed at half time due to injury.

- Wisdom’s hasn’t played since

- Evans didn’t play for the next 8 weeks

- Marriott started the next game

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Evans then? Or Cole to show there's no favourites ?

Cole might have been a smart move, knows him and knows it wouldn't be the first he'd had and show the squad he doesn't do favours for mates when we ship 4 in a half.

I remember hearing a bit on the radio a while ago with a firmer player saying Fergie would balls Rooney even if it was someone else who needed telling because he knew Rooney would react with fire and drive bug the other player would crumble if he'd have done that to him, but he still hit to shout what needed to be shouted.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My first guess was Evans, but I recall someone saying he was subbed at half time due to injury.

- Wisdom’s hasn’t played since

- Evans didn’t play for the next 8 weeks

- Marriott started the next game

Josefzoon can't have played much since either?

5 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

It's only hear say but I've heard whispers the Marriott 'fall out' was due to Derby rejecting a bid in January and Frank telling Marriott he needed more time before making that step up to the prem.

If that is true then I think Frank has handled the situation well. His apparent man management has been one of the highlights for me, particularly in all the encouragement etc. given to Bogle

I heard it was Bournemouth. 

1 hour ago, thederbyram said:

Josefzoon can't have played much since either?

Played the full 90 against Villa. Seems strange to keep him on and bring Bennett off if he was the “one particular player” to receive the flack. 

He started the next game (Wigan) and was subbed off after 57 mins. Then dropped to the bench but Came on after 35 mins for the Injured Bennett against Wednesday. He then had to wait a month to come on in the closing minutes against Bolton. Hasn’t played since. 

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Played the full 90 against Villa. Seems strange to keep him on and bring Bennett off if he was the “one particular player” to receive the flack. 

He started the next game (Wigan) and was subbed off after 57 mins. Then dropped to the bench but Came on after 35 mins for the Injured Bennett against Wednesday. He then had to wait a month to come on in the closing minutes against Bolton. Hasn’t played since. 

The changes between villa and the next game v wigan were

Malone for cole

bogle for wisdom

johnson for evans

waghorn for Bennett

wilson for holmes 

Huddlestone for Bird 

given team selection since (and absolving Bird), logically the short term finger is pointing at wisdom (or at a stretch Cole or Evans) or it could have been a more high profile and less quick to drop situation with Carson or Marriott.

31 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

The changes between villa and the next game v wigan were

Malone for cole

bogle for wisdom

johnson for evans

waghorn for Bennett

wilson for holmes 

Huddlestone for Bird 

given team selection since (and absolving Bird), logically the short term finger is pointing at wisdom (or at a stretch Cole or Evans) or it could have been a more high profile and less quick to drop situation with Carson or Marriott.

So basically, anyone really. Thanks for the insight Sherlock. ?

Archived