Real ale and sky

wakeyram

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

* @Carl Sagan Well Carl, can it? Might one day history be something in the future or would time need to be switched to reverse for that to happen for example, could Florist be champions of Europe in 40 years’ time? What does Science tell us? ?

Love it, Ella. ?

Back in the day, one of my lecturers was David Papineau who's a philosopher of time and thinks a lot about "time's arrow". He's argued that if it were reversed we wouldn't be able to tell the difference - meaning we could indeed be heading backwards away from tomorrow's play-off final win and towards an era of glory under Mackay then Clough! 

Does time even exist? It kind of drops out of things in the main "laws of physics" (ie it's not something fundamental but a matter of perspective) and it doesn't seem relevant at all at the quantum level. For me it's the greatest single problem for physics to solve. 

But let's win the play-offs first! 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, sage said:

Yes. In Derby surely there is a market for it. Not a full on sports experience like bar sport or walkabout but discreet screens and and pull down big screen for big occasions.

At wall about always have big screen down

And at walkabout expect a beer shower.

On 25/05/2019 at 11:36, RadioactiveWaste said:

Am I right in thinking the council won't be showing it on the sinister big brother screen?

Show it on a big screen? Like a fan zone sort of thing?

Hmm, let's see.  A good idea plus local government.

Nope, not gonna happen.

Archived