Boro trying to sue us...

IlsonDerby

36 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It was.  But there are way's around it .  When Maxwell was owner of Derby he also owned Qxford United but his son officially owned one and him the other .  Dean Saunders was our first million pound player but in reality cost nowt.   

That’s why Mark Lawrenson was so bitter and disliked Derby ever after

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I imagine as Boro weren't in a pitched battle against forest for a place in the play offs, Steve Gibson thinks it's entirely above board. Not that the context of who you take issue with and where they stand in the league would affect such a moral judgment.

With the alleged forest owner having been accused of smuggling, money laundering, bribery etc you might have thought he would get on well with the Middlesbrough owner as they both have haulage business dealings 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's exactly what Watford and Udinese were doing.

And Granada - it was a three club ownership deal 

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Isn’t this what we did all those years ago with Dean Saunders when Maxwell owned both us and Oxford?

Correct.  Although didn't Maxwell's son technically own Oxford??  All I know is we got an awesome striker out the deal and their manager at the time Mark "Mr Happy" Lawrenson resigned as a result of the deal.  Think he's had a beef with us ever since... 

19 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Correct.  Although didn't Maxwell's son technically own Oxford??  All I know is we got an awesome striker out the deal and their manager at the time Mark "Mr Happy" Lawrenson resigned as a result of the deal.  Think he's had a beef with us ever since... 

Can remember saunders coming to to Derby and the who-har surrounding it. But didnt know lawrenson was their manager. Thats cheered me up no end!

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Can remember saunders coming to to Derby and the who-har surrounding it. But didnt know lawrenson was their manager. Thats cheered me up no end!

Don't think he was too chuffed we signed Hebberd of them at the start of the season .  Tipped him over the edge with Saunders as well.

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

He resigned over not knowing about his star player being sold.  And hilariously he never managed a club again.

To rub salt into his wounds Saunders scored twice on his debut for us 

Archived