Boro trying to sue us...

IlsonDerby

14 hours ago, Gritters said:

If we go up do you think Mel will buy the ground back?

Mel already owns it ! ? 

Seriously though, I was wondering the same. As financial regs are virtually non existent in the prem, it would make sense and make it possible to do it every time (if we are relegated again). 

I have looked into the rules on the matter and it would be impossible for the EFL or F.A. to legislate against this unless they forced every club to de register as companies or enforce buy backs of any non-club owned ground. This would place an impossible financial strain on almost every club. Supporters trusts would do well though.....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That was filed for the records on 28/05/2019.

It appears that the act itself actually took place on 28/06/2018.

I have absolutely no idea what that infers, other than it appears he didn't do "a bit of chair shuffling on Thursday"!

Well shows you how little you know. As you say you have no idea what this means. After 30 years in corporate and sports law I do.

Whilst the notice backdates that to last year the actual filing was 23rd May we have not quite reached the 28th May yet lol. Why are people on here so anti everything and anyone making a simple observation. Just pointing out a smart move by a smart businessman. It creates a seperation of interest which may well be a result of talks with the EFL to comply and should avoid the sort of bull being spouted by Boro. 

The reason it has now been backdated is to show it as part of last years accounting period which is when the ground transaction shows. With the fallout over the last few weeks the 'chair shuffling' was most likely a requirement following due dilligence from the auditors and EFL.

The rest of the Championship are just pi**ed off that they do not have Chairman and Chief Exec as smart (or risk taking) as ours.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We will all be heading down to London from Pride (Park), in the name of love! 

I'm going - with or without you.

I honestly can't see what Gibson is trying to sue us for, and on what grounds. 

The league has okayed our dealings and we are all playing by the league's rules. There is nothing against the law to say we can't sell our assets to a sister company. 

Nice try Gibbo, but think it through pal. 

This has been gone over before, and all cleared by the EFL, but we couldn’t have sold it to Mel for £1bn or something silly. We can sell the asset to whoever we want for a fair price. We get no financial benefit from selling it to Mel. We could have made as much money by selling it to anyone else. The only advantage we get is a landlord that hopefully will never chuck us out, and a buyer that we can call upon at a moment’s notice. 

But if there was another buyer in the wings, maybe another lifelong Derby fan, then we could’ve sold it to them. Then there really would be no issue. 

So he’s just plain wrong. Suing us would just be embarrassing for him. 

6 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

Well shows you how little you know. As you say you have no idea what this means. After 30 years in corporate and sports law I do.

Whilst the notice backdates that to last year the actual filing was 23rd May we have not quite reached the 28th May yet lol. Why are people on here so anti everything and anyone making a simple observation. Just pointing out a smart move by a smart businessman. It creates a seperation of interest which may well be a result of talks with the EFL to comply and should avoid the sort of bull being spouted by Boro. 

The reason it has now been backdated is to show it as part of last years accounting period which is when the ground transaction shows. With the fallout over the last few weeks the 'chair shuffling' was most likely a requirement following due dilligence from the auditors and EFL.

The rest of the Championship are just pi**ed off that they do not have Chairman and Chief Exec as smart (or risk taking) as ours.

I can only apologise for my obvious stupidity, (which I did hint at in my previous post!), both from a knowledge point of view, and also for thinking I might be helping by referencing the dates, just in case they had been missed initially. 

Further apologies for not reading your whole post, as the tone of your first paragraph convinced me not to read on, as I had clearly riled you with my aforementioned stupidity. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can only apologise for my obvious stupidity, (which I did hint at in my previous post!), both from a knowledge point of view, and also for thinking I might be helping by referencing the dates, just in case they had been missed initially. 

Further apologies for not reading your whole post, as the tone of your first paragraph convinced me not to read on, as I had clearly riled you with my aforementioned stupidity. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Cool bud... it is going to be a very good Monday.... 

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Hopefully the players don't suffer from vertigo if we get promoted 

Hope we don't get vertigo tomorrow! , however Villa can have all the vertigo they can't handle !!! .........COME ON YOU RAMS ....MAKE 'EM 'AV IT !!!

Boro fan here, I couldn't agree more with most of the comments on here, its the wrong time and I dont see this as a valid argument, for what its worth I know that feeling is felt with many of our fans. I hope this does not detract from your build up to the final, I wish you the very best of luck tomorrow and hope your dreams of playing in the premier league come true.

21 minutes ago, fridge said:

Boro fan here, I couldn't agree more with most of the comments on here, its the wrong time and I dont see this as a valid argument, for what its worth I know that feeling is felt with many of our fans. I hope this does not detract from your build up to the final, I wish you the very best of luck tomorrow and hope your dreams of playing in the premier league come true.

Thanks. Am certain you're not about to sue us. Any judge would instantly throw it out on the basis no crimes have been committed and it's for the EFL to adjudicate on their own rules. But the journo spinning this (John Percy) is a fanatical forest fan so just trying to destabilize us in the run-up to the play-off final. Once that's over, whatever the result this story will quietly disappear.

Archived