Boro trying to sue us...

IlsonDerby

3 hours ago, Saity said:

:definition below:

" take legal action against a person or organization, especially by making a legal claim for money because of some harm that they have caused you" 

So even if the courts say found us guilty even though the EFL  have signed off the paperwork exactly how would this be implemented?? what...  we give Boro compensation ?? how much ?? how would it be worked out and wouldn't all other clubs we've played /be entitled too compensation too ??? EFL could not afford for this to be substantiated or it will open a massive can of worms so I really think we have nothing to worry about but the timing off it stinks.....really lost all respect for Gibson

Exactly this........in tort law the final test is damage (can be emotional ?) caused by the defendant to the claimant. 

Even if we broke the rules, which I don’t believe we could have, the consequences of DCFC ‘cheating’ is the loss of an improved financial position which would not affect anyone but DCFC with a FUTURE transfer embargo and or fine. They have no grounds to sue us directly. 

This seems to stem from a falling out earlier in the season when Mel was suggesting changes to FFP, possibly highlighting the fact parachute payments are not being used as parachutes, but more last hurrahs of the Alamo. 

I have met quite a few ‘big’ business men, and they are all narcissistic, egomaniac, obsessives, used to having their ego stroked daily by hundreds of people. They don’t take too lightly to someone making them look a fool.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, R@M said:

Exactly this........in tort law the final test is damage (can be emotional ?) caused by the defendant to the claimant. 

Even if we broke the rules, which I don’t believe we could have, the consequences of DCFC ‘cheating’ is the loss of an improved financial position which would not affect anyone but DCFC with a FUTURE transfer embargo and or fine. They have no grounds to sue us directly. 

This seems to stem from a falling out earlier in the season when Mel was suggesting changes to FFP, possibly highlighting the fact parachute payments are not being used as parachutes, but more last hurrahs of the Alamo. 

I have met quite a few ‘big’ business men, and they are all narcissistic, egomaniac, obsessives, used to having their ego stroked daily by hundreds of people. They don’t take too lightly to someone making them look a fool.

I was thinking Mel's probably made enemies with trying to shake the league organization up (revenues, TV share, online viewing) - although, obviously, not enough for them to vote for Gibson's lets all have everyone's accounts looked at again proposal.

latest government advice -  SALTY TEARS SYNDROME IS SPREADING .  EPICENTRE LEEDS SPREADING OUT OVER AS HIGHLIGHTED ON THE MAP.  SYMPTOMS START WITH TEARS FOLLOWED BY BOUTS OF UNCONTROLABLE RAGE AND FALSE ACCUSATION .   IT MAY TRAVEL SWIFTLY AS FAR BIRMINGHAM AND NOTTINGHAM BY MONDAY .

spacer.png

Boro aren't even a proper club, they play boring football, not missed in the prem, not even a big club in this divison compered to us, villa, leeds etc... They've wasted money on absolute garbage & are just mad jelly of all the bigger clubs in this division... They are as a club a complete waste of space 

The bit that gets me is that they wouldn’t have had to sell players to cut costs had they have used parachute payments for their true purpose (a safety net) rather than using them to spunk £15m on assombalonga at 60k a week etc... no sympathy for the bitter old toad. 

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Sue them mel

Boro chairmen got sour grapes because we made the play off despite him trying get us docked points.

For what B4? Because a journalist has run a story with a number of rumoured facts and covered himself by using words of possibility??

The mature and professional response is to do nothing and say nothing. That’s exactly what I want my club to do and it’s exactly what I think the club will do.

Phrases such as sue them only lower yourself to the levels of what Colin Gibson has shown himself to be based on comments in the press in recent months.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

For what B4? Because a journalist has run a story with a number of rumoured facts and covered himself by using words of possibility??

The mature and professional response is to do nothing and say nothing. That’s exactly what I want my club to do and it’s exactly what I think the club will do.

Phrases such as sue them only lower yourself to the levels of what Colin Gibson has shown himself to be based on comments in the press in recent months.

Poor Colin will be reading this wondering what he's done wrong. 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If they beat us to the play offs this story would not see light of day.

I dont like it when people trying get Derby into trouble.

I really hope we get promation have 300m in the bank.

£380m when we get paid for the ground 

Its funny that Gibson is just picking on the Rams on the FFP and not other teams that were also named months ago. Could it be that Boro were pipped by the Rams in to 6th spot and now we have seen off Leeds and have a chance of going up, he's now thrown his dolly out the pram. Should have got in a better manager than Pullis if he wanted promotion that bad, now his parachute payments have run out (SOUR GRAPES).

Always thought Gibson was a decent human being and Chairman, with amazing loyalty towards his managers. Also Mac provided some of their best moments in recent times, thought he would have a good opinion of Derby County.

All I can suggest is a late mid life crisis, needs a tattoo of a decapitated ram to complete his hate complex ?

The article in the Mail today says, effectively, that Leeds and Boro 'continue to question whether they (Derby) have been playing by different rules'.

Leeds and Boro?! You couldn't make it up!

On the other hand, I think it's true, depending on which rules they're talking about.

1 hour ago, LauraH said:

Poor Colin will be reading this wondering what he's done wrong. 

I'm considering action for damages to my mental health caused by his distressing baldness. I consider my mental anguish to be incalculable as a monetary value but estimate it to be approximately £1.4 million.

Archived