Boro trying to sue us...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 86 points said:

Used to really respect Gibson. Thought as far as owners go he was pretty sound. Turns out he's a bitter little Bamford. 

#StopCryingSteveGibson

Exactly this, always thought a decent bloke but jeeeeez....get a grip!!

10 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Really pathetic !!

Selling Pride Park was the same as selling any player - it was an asset of the Club.

It was independently valued and that full price was apparently paid. It matters not who brought it !!

Counter sue Derby !!!

Mel did find a way around the rules to ensure we complied with FFP, I would have thought that legal advice was sort and given first. We are not the only club to have done this. This is similar to using your money in a tax efficient way to avoid paying tax, might not be palatable but its legal.

if we lose on Monday and we are the underdogs, do we sue Middlesbrough for libel (as it has been quoted in the press) with the compensation being what we would have got if we had been promoted 160m or what ever it is. The link between the unsettling nature of content and timing would be easy to make with players not being able to perform and undermining DCFC?

Middlesbroughs parachute payments are now at an end so I would imagine they are worried about FFP going forward as no doubt they have a large wage bill, not dissimilar to ours for this season. This season was a make or break season for them, they needed to go up and didn't, they will have to cut their cloth accordingly but so do we, what ever division we are in. 

Gibson is not happy, he was called out, and didn't like it, I cannot help thinking something else is going on at Middlesbrough that we don't know of and this has prompted this behaviour and disrespect 

COYRs lets win the bloody thing and leave them to wallow in their own self pity 

31 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Am I the only one who finds this worrying. I’m not dismissing it so glibly as sour grapes (although it is), he seems to have some kind of agenda and he’s not letting it drop. 

I think you're right. I also think he has no chance of winning in court. I think his target is more likely the EFL,who won't be happy about this.

Either to try and get them to change their mind and punish us, or to change the rules on FFP?

The EFL would seem a more obvious target for legal action. After all,it's them that made thenthe decison, bit iirc clubs waive their right to take legal action against the league as a condition of membership.

:definition below:

" take legal action against a person or organization, especially by making a legal claim for money because of some harm that they have caused you" 

So even if the courts say found us guilty even though the EFL  have signed off the paperwork exactly how would this be implemented?? what...  we give Boro compensation ?? how much ?? how would it be worked out and wouldn't all other clubs we've played /be entitled too compensation too ??? EFL could not afford for this to be substantiated or it will open a massive can of worms so I really think we have nothing to worry about but the timing off it stinks.....really lost all respect for Gibson

9 minutes ago, Saity said:

:definition below:

" take legal action against a person or organization, especially by making a legal claim for money because of some harm that they have caused you" 

So even if the courts say found us guilty even though the EFL  have signed off the paperwork exactly how would this be implemented?? what...  we give Boro compensation ?? how much ?? how would it be worked out and wouldn't all other clubs we've played /be entitled too compensation too ??? EFL could not afford for this to be substantiated or it will open a massive can of worms so I really think we have nothing to worry about but the timing off it stinks.....really lost all respect for Gibson

Can’t see how he can pursue the case without calling EFL as witness.  They will find this behaviour unacceptable 

So this is basically an article outlining two possible courses of action that might undermine Derby's attempt to win promotion  - Middlesbrough 'vowing' to take action (they haven't actually done it) and Chelsea 'consider' an approach to their former player (they haven't actually done so). 

If anyone wants suing it is the author of this pathetic attempt to unsettle our club. But of course journalists are full of the integrity that they complain about a lack of in others, aren't they? 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

So this is basically an article outlining two possible courses of action that might undermine Derby's attempt to win promotion  - Middlesbrough 'vowing' to take action (they haven't actually done it) and Chelsea 'consider' an approach to their former player (they haven't actually done so). 

If anyone wants suing it is the author of this pathetic attempt to unsettle our club. But of course journalists are full of the integrity that they complain about a lack of in others, aren't they? 

Dead right Angie. The timing of this isn't accidental. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The irony, of course, being a team with a much higher wage bill than us moaning about us spending money to gain an unfair advantage. 

£15m on Assombalonga - nearly double our record signing, a player we actually sold for more money than we paid. Britt is probably worth half, if even that, now. If this was Preston or Brentford then I'd be more understanding of their grievances. 

If you look at the money they've spent on players in their squad:
Britt Assombalonga - £15m
Aden Flint  - £7m
George Saville - £8m
Paddy McNair - £5m 
Rudy Gestede - £6m
Ashley Fletcher - £6.5m
Stewart Downing - £7m
Johnny Howson - £6m
Martin Braithwaite - £9m 

You can't help but laugh. I'm sure their fans are embarrassed about this situation. 

£70 million. ooooops

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The irony, of course, being a team with a much higher wage bill than us moaning about us spending money to gain an unfair advantage. 

£15m on Assombalonga - nearly double our record signing, a player we actually sold for more money than we paid. Britt is probably worth half, if even that, now. If this was Preston or Brentford then I'd be more understanding of their grievances. 

If you look at the money they've spent on players in their squad:
Britt Assombalonga - £15m
Aden Flint  - £7m
George Saville - £8m
Paddy McNair - £5m 
Rudy Gestede - £6m
Ashley Fletcher - £6.5m
Stewart Downing - £7m
Johnny Howson - £6m
Martin Braithwaite - £9m 

You can't help but laugh. I'm sure their fans are embarrassed about this situation. 

£70 million. ooooops

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, angieram said:

I tend to agree. Its not being reported anywhere else. I would have thought had there been any truth in it Sky Sports would be all over it.

Sounds like poo stirring to me.

He had better hope that Boro are planning to sue, if they aren't then he may find himself in hot water with them.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I tend to agree. Its not being reported anywhere else. I would have thought had there been any truth in it Sky Sports would be all over it.

Sounds like poo stirring to me.

He had better hope that Boro are planning to sue, if they aren't then he may find himself in hot water with them.

Quite possibly he has sought legal advice about it. The advice might have been don't bother but the reporter got wind of it and went off half cocked?

12 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Quite possibly he has sought legal advice about it. The advice might have been don't bother but the reporter got wind of it and went off half cocked?

Well, it was Percy the Gump, so in his case that would be full-cocked.

9 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Or possibly an indiscreet remark somewhere along the lines of "well I'll sue them!" somewhere down the line in some meeting gets put to a journo who promptly has a story.

I'll belive it when the writ drops on Mels doormat, and if it gets to that point we'll have to assume Gibson has talked to a serious lawyer and we'll also assume Mel will have some high calibre legal advice of his own.

Archived