Boro trying to sue us...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s beyond belief the levels Boro are stooping to here. Fact is whatever the FFP status their budget dwarfed ours and they failed miserably. Paying £15m for assombalonga and giving him £60k per week wages didn’t work!! 

Leeds - well it’s in keeping with all their actions in the past 60 years!! I usually think Simon Jordan is an idiot but he was brilliant on talksport the other day. When Sam Matterface hit him with the Derby FFP question and mentioned Leeds were complaining about it, he said it was a legitimate option open to Derby and Mel Morris to do this and the Leeds chairman should be more busy questioning why his manager who they pay £4m a year didn’t get them promoted!! He also said Mel Morris is one of the best chairmen around and deserves promotion to the premier league.

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s beyond belief the levels Boro are stooping to here. Fact is whatever the FFP status their budget dwarfed ours and they failed miserably. Paying £15m for assombalonga and giving him £60k per week wages didn’t work!! 

Leeds - well it’s in keeping with all their actions in the past 60 years!! I usually think Simon Jordan is an idiot but he was brilliant on talksport the other day. When Sam Matterface hit him with the Derby FFP question and mentioned Leeds were complaining about it, he said it was a legitimate option open to Derby and Mel Morris to do this and the Leeds chairman should be more busy questioning why his manager who they pay £4m a year didn’t get them promoted!! He also said Mel Morris is one of the best chairmen around and deserves promotion to the premier league.

Cool please find a link to that comment 

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

The article in the Mail today says, effectively, that Leeds and Boro 'continue to question whether they (Derby) have been playing by different rules'.

Leeds and Boro?! You couldn't make it up!

On the other hand, I think it's true, depending on which rules they're talking about.

???? Have we been playing by different rules? Leeds certainly were when they spied on half the leagues training 

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Cool please find a link to that comment 

I listened to it live on drive time Can’t find a link so you’ll just have to take my word for his comments about Mel. However it  seems like he properly ripped into the Leeds owner on Jim Whites show on the same issue and that’s what the media are reporting, Leeds live and HITC both reporting on it amongst others. 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I don't always agree with what Jordan has to say, but it's very interesting to have input from someone other than a former player, manager, or sports journalist. I think Jordan is very smart, but he's an arrogant git who certainly isn't afraid of giving his opinion. Perfect for talk radio really.

23 hours ago, Charlie Dram said:

Always thought Boro a basket case despite Gibson. 

Just proved how classless he is with his timing of this

Any trick to try to derail us.

Shame on you Steve Gibson. As underhand as is possible.

Disgusting town, club and owner

@Burton Ram

Why the angry face. You can't do that without explanation. 

Come on dude. Tell me

Interestingly....

Mel did a bit of chair shuffling on Thursday. He replaced himself as a person of controlling interest with a limited liability company for which he is the only director. Removes his personal name over the door with a shell company.

Protects his personal liability and is maybe intended to show a degree of seperation with the stadium deal.

Interesting timing.

Screenshot_20190525-213251_Drive.jpg

8 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

Interestingly....

Mel did a bit of chair shuffling on Thursday. He replaced himself as a person of controlling interest with a limited liability company for which he is the only director. Removes his personal name over the door with a shell company.

Protects his personal liability and is maybe intended to show a degree of seperation with the stadium deal.

Interesting timing.

Screenshot_20190525-213251_Drive.jpg

That was filed for the records on 28/05/2019.

It appears that the act itself actually took place on 28/06/2018.

I have absolutely no idea what that infers, other than it appears he didn't do "a bit of chair shuffling on Thursday"!

Sith Happens
48 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I read this as 'Bono' instead of Boro and was really confused for a couple of seconds ?

I bet it put you on edge for those seconds.

1 hour ago, goldstar said:

I read this as 'Bono' instead of Boro and was really confused for a couple of seconds ?

I was probably the first on here to read this, and had plenty of time to come up with an appropriate pun.  Why, it's almost a hobby of mine! 

However, after a full 2 minutes, I gave it up as a bad job, and lo and behold 2 others have since come along, with absolute crackers...2 out of 3 ain't bad!  ;-)

I hope it's not terminal.  I hope it's just nerves.  This weekend is now starting to get to me, despite my earlier utterances hinting at calmness & tranquillity!

God, I hate football!  

2 hours ago, goldstar said:

Careful. Stay away from The Edge.

Edit: Late to the party, I see.

Archived