Sign in to follow this  
CBRammette

House of Commons Rams

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but did anyone else notice we made it into a House of Commons debate today...

"Maggie Throup (Con, Erewash) asked Nottinghamshire MP Mark Spencer to take the opportunity to wish his constituents’ football rivals Derby County luck in this weekend’s Championship play-off final at Wembley, he replied it was "the worst question he has ever had."

Predictable

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but did anyone else notice we made it into a House of Commons debate today...

"Maggie Throup (Con, Erewash) asked Nottinghamshire MP Mark Spencer to take the opportunity to wish his constituents’ football rivals Derby County luck in this weekend’s Championship play-off final at Wembley, he replied it was "the worst question he has ever had."

Predictable

You are Maggie Throup and I claim my £5 non declared expenses.

Edited by Boycie

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Predictable

Maggie Throup is aggressively stupid and behaviour like this just highlights it

Pretty sure she's from Yorkshire and he's from Bedfordshire - So one person who has zero affiliation with our club whatsoever asking another person who has zero affiliation with Forest a question which is a waste of everyone's time in an effort to make herself look like she cares

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MK said:

Eek, getting worryingly close to close to a political conversation. Somewhere @David's eye is twitching 

Surprised my comment is still there 

Edited by Barnetbyram

Nice to see an MP talking about a sport they've never shown interest in, in the forum of those chosen to run our country, and at a time of massive importance on the political spectrum. Let's all stop work and go on our jolly. 

Erewash pretty much runs the Nottinghamshire border, there's as many Forest fans as Derby in her constituency. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Erewash pretty much runs the Nottinghamshire border, there's as many Forest fans as Derby in her constituency. 

Sorry you're wrong there! 

Sawley are Long Eaton are a bit split because of the post code thing, Ilkeston too, but Borrowash, Draycott, Breaston, Ockbrook, Dale Abbey, Little Eaton, Morley, Breadsall, etc. etc. are thoroughly Derby fans!

Bolsover and Amber Valley are on the border too.

Edited by sawley_ram

17 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Sorry you're wrong there! 

Sawley are Long Eaton are a bit split because of the post code thing, Ilkeston too, but Borrowash, Draycott, Breaston, Ockbrook, Dale Abbey, Little Eaton, Morley, Breadsall, etc. etc. are thoroughly Derby fans!

Bolsover and Amber Valley are on the border too.

I don't think some of those places are in the Erewash parliamentary constituency - It's different from the local council - Don't think it gets much closer to Derby than Draycott

I think all those in bold are in "Mid-Derbyshire"

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think some of those places are in the Erewash parliamentary constituency - It's different from the local council - Don't think it gets much closer to Derby than Draycott

I think all those in bold are in "Mid-Derbyshire"

Nah they're all in Erewash. I know what you mean -- odd to think of Breadsall as Erewash but it is honestly!

In fact if you drive up Acorn Way to Oakwood, you briefly go into Erewash which is why there is a random sign saying "Derbyshire" on the side of the road as you briefly leave the City of Derby. The DCFC training ground is actually in Erewash!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Edited by sawley_ram

25 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

Nah they're all in Erewash. I know what you mean -- odd to think of Breadsall as Erewash but it is honestly!

In fact if you drive up Acorn Way to Oakwood, you briefly go into Erewash which is why there is a random sign saying "Derbyshire" on the side of the road as you briefly leave the City of Derby. The DCFC training ground is actually in Erewash!

Yeh, but the Borough of Erewash isn't the same as the parliamentary constituency of Erewash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borough_of_Erewash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erewash_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Well shiver me timbers I didn't realise they'd been pinched off us! I searched the boundary commision and Mid Derbyshire was created in 2010.

Today's fact of the day aaside, Erewash (the borough) is still a Derby County "territory" regardless.