The journey starts here - what about you good people?

7 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Was that from kicking the car - that is how I broke my foot many years ago

It was from falling off the train, the train I had to get because my car was broken...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving to mates at 6:30am to get a lift so Lichfield to catch the 7:30 train to Euston, quick walk over to Kings Cross tube, tube to Covent Garden, walk to nearest boozer, drink a couple of over priced lagers, walk to next boozer, drink more over priced lager, rinse & repeat for a couple of hours, tube back to Kings Cross, Metropolitan line to Wembley Park, into a Derby boozer for more over priced lager, quick stop off at a takeaway for a dodgy looking sandwich/burger, into the ground, watch the lads hammer the dirty brummies, join in the 38k bounce, back to Wembley Park, tube back to Euston, short walk to nearest boozer, more lager, back to train station, wait til train departs at 21:40, barrack all the dirty brummies who we spoke politely to on the way down, back in Lichfield for around midnight, lift back to my mate's gaff from his annoyed spouse, sit on his sofa, spend 5 minutes laughing on twitter/watching highlights on my phone, fall asleep...

?

Heading down to Watford on Sunday. Coming back on Tuesday. Not sure what's going to happen in the meantime.

Seeing the effort and cost that some are going to to go to this game makes me feel a proper half fan. I'll be sat at home cheering the lads on and green with envy but also proud as punch watching the bounce. Give 'em an extra loud "come on Derby" for me at kick off.

On 24/05/2019 at 09:27, Mucker1884 said:

There's always a way!

Back in the "We'll be back in '81 season" (Which proved to be a case of mistaken optimism, of course!)  I got knocked off by bike on the A52 on the way home from work, and broke a leg (amongst other things).

I missed that evening's Home second leg v QPR in the league cup (we lost on pens!)., and then the Saturday game v Blackburn at home, before returning to duty at Grimsby away the following Saturday, with my leg in a pot... on the terraces, of course!

I was quite the 17 year old hero, with pats on the back a-plenty... until during an atmospheric lull, I opened my gob full volume, for the solo first line of "Oh, When The Rams..." and my voice decided to break there and then, mid sentence!  I was quite the embarrassed 17 year old, at that precise moment!

Still, I continued the season potted up, and those two games were the only games missed in a full 3 seasons, home and away... then the boredom kicked in, and I became a half fan for a decade or so, until we became great again!!  ?

Anyway... enough about me... how's the foot?  ?

Wow!! You trooper ?

I've now been given a ton of painkillers so relatively speaking I feel like I can run a marathon. Just about to start my journey-friend giving me a lift to Crewe then getting the train to Derby. Thankfully coaches booked to London!

Leaving Bontddu around dinner time Sunday. Driving down to Cardiff to collect my youngest son. Stopping overnight in Cardiff then Wembley on Monday, meeting up with my dad, brother & eldest son. Back to Cardiff after game. Probably have to sleep on his sofa as all the cheap hotels are booked up due to the Spice Women playing at the Millennium. Bounce back to Bontddu on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Bontddu Ram said:

Leaving Bontddu around dinner time Sunday. Driving down to Cardiff to collect my youngest son. Stopping overnight in Cardiff then Wembley on Monday, meeting up with my dad, brother & eldest son. Back to Cardiff after game. Probably have to sleep on his sofa as all the cheap hotels are booked up due to the Spice Women playing at the Millennium. Bounce back to Bontddu on Tuesday.

Spice women, lol

2 minutes ago, Bontddu Ram said:

Bontddu, clucking bell! Don't expect to see to many Rams there!

At Shoreram

About 3 of us up here that I know of.

I live up a mountain and you hardly see a soul, which is why I moved here, but in my firstweek here someone knocked on the door. I opened it and there stood a bloke in a Forest hat. I said " I don't effing believe you " & shut the door. I let him in to read the meter eventually. Not long after the Jehovah's turned up. I was wounded.

How long have u been in Mach ?

Archived