The journey starts here - what about you good people?

Just about to leave for the airport and my mood is such that even if I have a bratty 5-year-old wearing a tacky Disney Princess dress and with a  'I really am a princess and better than you' attitude sat next to me cannot bring me down.

That doesn't necessarily mean I won't smother her with the bag my duty-free came in, but I shall do so with a smile on my face and I think we can all agree, that's the most important thing.

Who else is making a move before stupid o'clock on Monday morning?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safe travels mate! Flight home is tomorrow afternoon, land at Heathrow on Sunday morning, hotel in Uxbridge overnight, breakfast and to Wembley.

Try not to smother any little girls on your way over. (Never thought I'd have to type that on a public forum.)

I’m one of those not off till the train at 9am Monday... that said I’m off out of uni in Leeds back to Derby tomorrow night after my exam in the afternoon so I guess I’ll be halfway there?. Certainly be feeling the nerves for it once I’m back home, right now my nerves are all in use worrying about tomorrow, attention will shift I suspect if all goes well tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m one of those not off till the train at 9am Monday... that said I’m off out of uni in Leeds back to Derby tomorrow night after my exam in the afternoon so I guess I’ll be halfway there?. Certainly be feeling the nerves for it once I’m back home, right now my nerves are all in use worrying about tomorrow, attention will shift I suspect if all goes well tomorrow?

Good luck in your exams

Safe journeys ?

I was meant to be driving to Derby tonight, but firstly my car broke down this morning (now fixed) and then I broke my foot this evening... so got to make other plans!!

Got into Derby last night and it was very quiet. Went to theOld Bell and the Dolphin. Anyone around town tonight or tomorrow. Drive back to London Sunday morning. Changed my flight home till next Friday so I’ve got a bit of recovery time after Monday.

Flying from Denmark sunday morning to London. Cant wait. Back to Denmark and work tuesday evening. My last live games were Ipswich and Brighton away.....  Cant get worse than our play in these two games... Scarf og shirt are packed........ Ohh tickets have not arrived ??

8 hours ago, Anna said:

Safe journeys ?

I was meant to be driving to Derby tonight, but firstly my car broke down this morning (now fixed) and then I broke my foot this evening... so got to make other plans!!

Top fan , getting plastered well before the game ,make sure your at the game ,no limp excuses please

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

Got into Derby last night and it was very quiet. Went to theOld Bell and the Dolphin. Anyone around town tonight or tomorrow. Drive back to London Sunday morning. Changed my flight home till next Friday so I’ve got a bit of recovery time after Monday.

What’s the live watch/ stream options like back in brisbane as my daughter is living there now and trying to figure how to watch

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Safe journeys ?

Was that from kicking the car - that is how I broke my foot many years ago

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Safe journeys ?

There's always a way!

Back in the "We'll be back in '81 season" (Which proved to be a case of mistaken optimism, of course!)  I got knocked off by bike on the A52 on the way home from work, and broke a leg (amongst other things).

I missed that evening's Home second leg v QPR in the league cup (we lost on pens!)., and then the Saturday game v Blackburn at home, before returning to duty at Grimsby away the following Saturday, with my leg in a pot... on the terraces, of course!

I was quite the 17 year old hero, with pats on the back a-plenty... until during an atmospheric lull, I opened my gob full volume, for the solo first line of "Oh, When The Rams..." and my voice decided to break there and then, mid sentence!  I was quite the embarrassed 17 year old, at that precise moment!

Still, I continued the season potted up, and those two games were the only games missed in a full 3 seasons, home and away... then the boredom kicked in, and I became a half fan for a decade or so, until we became great again!!  :-)

Anyway... enough about me... how's the foot?   ;-)

1 hour ago, Archied said:

What’s the live watch/ stream options like back in brisbane as my daughter is living there now and trying to figure how to watch

Can get it live on Bein sports on Foxtel. If she hasn’t got Foxtel go to the Kayo site and you can download a 10 day subscription then cancel. Kayo is Foxtel’s digital sports channel.

Archived