Which Player?

Tomori rising like a postman at dawn for a bullet header, only for it to be clawed away on the line by the keeper, and for a split second, we think it’s just not going to be our day.

Only for Keogh to pop up out of nowhere and smash the rebound home.

What a moment it would be.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Surprised nobody has said Ikechi Anya

In all seriousness, it has to be Keogh.

But I honestly can't say that I'd especially care how, why or by whom it went in.

Oh for sure, I'd definitely take a player yards offside punching it into the back of the net. ? 

God I'm anxious about this game!

Good question: 
1) Richard Keogh
2) Mason Bennett
3) Tom Lawrence
4) Jayden Bogle
5) Ashley Cole
6) Duane Holmes

I think it's fairly obvious why for each one, Tomori would perhaps be next on the list but anything that bumps his price up is potentially bad for us! 

6 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

What redemption? If you can bear it watch the goal again. If you want redemption for a player then we will have to resign Buxton and get Forsyth fit again. Forsyth is criminally guilty of ball watching and Buxton gets his legs wrapped around anything except either the ball or player.

Please, if only one thing, can we stop perpetuating this myth that the reason we lost to QPR was Keogh. It simply wasn't.

It’s not even worth assigning blame to. Keogh made a technical error, Fozzy made a defensive error and Bucko had a brain fart. All three can happen and they just so happened to simultaneously.

15 minutes ago, cannable said:

It’s not even worth assigning blame to. Keogh made a technical error, Fozzy made a defensive error and Bucko had a brain fart. All three can happen and they just so happened to simultaneously.

I think you just did ?. I don't think Keogh made a techinical error, he just stuck a boot out of instinct to stop the other QPR player (don't know who it was) getting on the cross. A purist would say you should never clear a ball back into your box, Shankley famously hated Liverpool playing anything back into the 'danger area', but he's at full stretch and a bit between the devil and the deep blue sea. With my glorious 20:20 hindsight goggles on his best option was probably to have let it go and Wisdom could have cleared it.

So, there you go, we got to a conclusion. It was Wisdom's fault for not putting a call on the cross.

7 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

John Harkes, now he WAS a player.

Outside of Roland Nillson possibly the best engine in the game at the time??

A cracking player who always came across as a top bloke as well.

WHAT?!?!?!

I remember him for 5 things:-

1 - Scoring a 40 yarder against us in the FA Cup for Sheff Wed 

2 - Missing an absolute 5 yard sitter against Leicester in play off final

3 - Getting subbed off after about 20 minutes (Portsmouth away if I remember correctly) by TBE

4 - Being generally dog poo for us

5 - His wife Cindi ?

Kelle Roos.

A desperate Villa side, 2-0 down entering into the first minute of seven additional minutes time added on, win a corner.

The Villa keeper pleads with the bench to be allowed forward, gets the nod but the cross is hit tamely into our Freaky Deaky Dutch bar-stewards hands.

One quick look and he hits a long flat clearance towards the opposition goal which just scrambles over the line, winning this Derby fan 500k to a £1 bet.

Shortly afterwards, Cara Delevingne, Tracy Shaw and Judi Dench encircle me, begging me to accompany them back to a seedy Soho hotel for a night I'll never forget.

I'm tempted I won't lie, but then a manly hand arrives on my shoulder, and I spin around to glimpse God made flesh and blood in dog-walking boots, then Jake and I wonder off in search of brown foamy refreshment.

Archived