Which Player?

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

One for you real fans, I've got my own choice of course.

If you could pick one Derby player to get the winner before wheeling away in delight, who would it be?

Mine would be young Mason Bennett, closely followed by King Rich (who I occasionally forget how good he's been for you).

What does everyone else think?

1. Keogh.

2. Bennett.

3. Lawrence.

4. Johnson. A fitting send off for an underrated part of our team in the last couple of months.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

What redemption? If you can bear it watch the goal again. If you want redemption for a player then we will have to resign Buxton and get Forsyth fit again. Forsyth is criminally guilty of ball watching and Buxton gets his legs wrapped around anything except either the ball or player.

Please, if only one thing, can we stop perpetuating this myth that the reason we lost to QPR was Keogh. It simply wasn't.

The points you make are correct. But it’s Keogh’s who bore the flak for it and it’s still the reason why opposition fans think he’s poo. I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten about it either. 

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The points you make are correct. But it’s Keogh’s who bore the flak for it and it’s still the reason why opposition fans think he’s poo. I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten about it either. 

Only those that don't know what they are on about - Keogh's record speaks for itself and while I am sure that day haunts him (to quote @ollycutts1982 :-)) you're not a real fan if you think that is how he should be remembered. I know you know this btw.

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

What redemption? If you can bear it watch the goal again. If you want redemption for a player then we will have to resign Buxton and get Forsyth fit again. Forsyth is criminally guilty of ball watching and Buxton gets his legs wrapped around anything except either the ball or player.

Please, if only one thing, can we stop perpetuating this myth that the reason we lost to QPR was Keogh. It simply wasn't.

Im not going to pretend the reason we lost the final was due to Keogh's mistake alone. I've not watched for a while so forgive me if I'm wrong but Zamora would not have scored that goal if he hadn't messed up. I'm not perpetuating anything here, just making the point that he'd love to make up for that error. Which, you have to admit must have had a massive impact on him at the time because he got the majority of the blame. He's still my favourite player in recent memory and still was the day after the QPR game

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Anyone who doesn’t say Keogh is, in my eyes, not a real fan. He deserves it more than anyone in the squad. Hope he has tears in his eyes come 17:00 Monday but tears of joy and redemption. 

sorry not a real fan in your eyes and it has really upset me.  As a punishment I will burn my seat ticket and flight tickets?

There would be something magic about Cole getting the winner in a penalty shoot out.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

I've got weird taste in players don't forget.

Ian Bowyer and Kenny Swain are in my top ten of all time ?

Maybe I'm remembering his Wednesday days more than his Rams days but I liked Harksey a lot.

For us, he was...

loop poop GIF by Mauro Gatti

Keogh all day long but if not young mason Bennett but it will actually be

Ashley Cole - it’s written- last game as a professional footballer- at Wembley stadium- lampards mate - sky sports news get at least 3 days of total coverage 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

left field... Grealish own goal.

Stop it.

It's getting too much for me to take.

If Grealish scores the own goal that loses the game I'll do a lap of honour of Alfreton Ravanelli style (boro Ravanelli not Derby Ravanelli).

Nothing would make me happier than that, not even a Mason Bennett hat-trick.

Are we both ill pal? This just isn't on ?

This is how I'd like it to go;

Grielish, in front of the Villa fans, go round Roos in the 90th minute, a seemingly empty net in front of him with the score currently tied. As he strikes the ball, Keogh is chasing back but on the penalty spot so it looks hopeless but alas, it's the greatest goal line clearance in the history of football.

The ball is cleared to Ashley Cole who plays it in field to Bradley Johnson. He skips past one villa player before playing a smart one-two with Mason Mount which takes him into the opposition half. He plays it out wide to Mason Bennett who has open space in front of him. 

The Rams fans are on their feet, could it be?

Bennett carries the ball down the line, about level with the penalty spot. He delivered the most perfect cross you've ever seen in your life....

Who's this arriving in the box? Only Richard Keogh, the same man who cleared the ball off the line 30 seconds earlier!

He meets the cross, a bullet header ripples the net in front of the jubilant Derby fans. We all go crazy, our eyes popping out nearly as much as Keogh's are. Grielish is still on his knees in the Derby box, Roos is doing celebratory flips against a backdrop of 36,000 silent Villa fans. 

The statue of Richard Keogh is already being commissioned, to be unveiled early September, the same day ironically that Derby claim our 12th point of the 2019/20 premier league season.

Archived