Sign in to follow this  
ronnieronalde

Which Player?

One for you real fans, I've got my own choice of course.

If you could pick one Derby player to get the winner before wheeling away in delight, who would it be?

Mine would be young Mason Bennett, closely followed by King Rich (who I occasionally forget how good he's been for you).

What does everyone else think?

If I was able to choose, order of preference.

1. Mason Bennett

2. Richard Keogh

3. Tom Lawrence

4. Jayden Bogle

5. Bradley Johnson

Although if the winner bounces in off Tomori’s arse or the back of Marriott’s head I won’t care at the end of the day

1 minute ago, SuperHans11111 said:

Would absolutely be Keogh for me, he's been a leader and legend at this club and deserves his redemption for 2014. I do worry that his eyes might actually drop out of his head if he scored though. 

It would be very fitting for Keogh to be the one.

Not just for redemption but for the heart and loyalty he has shown.

Tomori for me , if its to be his last game for us , i hope not of course , but what a way to bow out , earning himself hero status and love forever more from his adoring Rams fans , you will never beat Tomori

5 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Tomori for me , if its to be his last game for us , i hope not of course , but what a way to bow out , earning himself hero status and love forever more from his adoring Rams fans , you will never beat Tomori

You mean how like we all fondly remember a Mr Pearson?

I'd say Lawrence. He's the pinnacle of a confidence player. If he scores the winner in a playoff final, he would go into pre season absolutely buzzing.

I'd prefer Keogh to make a goalline clearance bicycle kick in the 94th minute. I'd also prefer us to be 2-0 up at the time so I don't have a heart attack.

Waghorn, maybe. Then in his post match interview he can mention how surely, scoring a £180m+ goal means that, at £5m, he's an absolute snip 😉

Mason Mount, sealing the victory with a Lampard-esque surge into the box, latching on to Mason Bennett's cross (intended as a shot), thus cementing an unbreakable bond with Derby County FC and prompting him to buy out his Chelsea contract and sign with us fo' free.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

One for you real fans, I've got my own choice of course.

If you could pick one Derby player to get the winner before wheeling away in delight, who would it be?

Mine would be young Mason Bennett, closely followed by King Rich (who I occasionally forget how good he's been for you).

What does everyone else think?

Think we've found something to agree on. They're my 1-2.

2 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

Mason Mount, sealing the victory with a Lampard-esque surge into the box, latching on to Mason Bennett's cross (intended as a shot), thus cementing an unbreakable bond with Derby County FC and prompting him to buy out his Chelsea contract and sign with us fo' free.

John Harkes, now he WAS a player.

Outside of Roland Nillson possibly the best engine in the game at the time??

A cracking player who always came across as a top bloke as well.

Got to be Keogh for me. He's been a consistent in this team throughout our near misses and i imagine it'll mean so much for him to help us get promoted, especially after the QPR game. 

Still, seeing any Derby player getting the winner and wheeling away in delight will do.  

Keogh all day long. Been saying to me colleagues I hope we get promoted for his sake as much as my own desire to see us back in the prem. The stick he's taken over the years has been criminal. He's not the perfect centre back, if he was he wouldn't be in the Championship and wouldn't be at Derby, and, despite the flack, he'd run through a brick wall for this club. A rarity in this day and age.

2nd - local lad mason

3rd - Lawrence due to recent events

4th - Seth Johnson, in a weird twist of admin errors

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

John Harkes, now he WAS a player.

Outside of Roland Nillson possibly the best engine in the game at the time??

A cracking player who always came across as a top bloke as well.

A good, old fashioned midfield enforcer, hard as nails - nobody messed with Harkes.

Also, great hair and great teeth.

Kind of ironic that I'm commenting on who scores the winner in a play-off final though 👀

1 hour ago, SuperHans11111 said:

Would absolutely be Keogh for me, he's been a leader and legend at this club and deserves his redemption for 2014. I do worry that his eyes might actually drop out of his head if he scored though. 

What redemption? If you can bear it watch the goal again. If you want redemption for a player then we will have to resign Buxton and get Forsyth fit again. Forsyth is criminally guilty of ball watching and Buxton gets his legs wrapped around anything except either the ball or player.

Please, if only one thing, can we stop perpetuating this myth that the reason we lost to QPR was Keogh. It simply wasn't.