How much will we make from Wembley?

Obviously if we win on Monday we will be so rich that we can all fly to the moon (I would favour parking at Watford and getting the train from there). 

However, how much do the losers profit? I am presuming the agreement of the losing finalist getting the gate money still stands but how much is this after the EFL have had their noses in the trough? What is the Sky money for the play off games?

Just wondering if anyone knew. Hopefully it will be a moot point but surely it can’t hurt our FFP position. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby and QPR came to the gate receipts agreement, Villa could be so confident of winning and going up that they refuse such a deal, but;

A sell out at Pride Park and Elland Road, plus a sell out at Wembley, 3 sky appearances plus sale of merchandise (Wembley t shirts on dcfc website), I would imagine we are pushing 3 million.

I still can't get my head around the fact that we could win, so I'm just looking at these playoffs as going some way to help FFP.

1 minute ago, sawley_ram said:

Which year was it where it was agreed that the loser gets all? Was having an discussion with my dad about it and he was saying one year it was agreed that way.

No idea, but the first time someone doesn't agree to it (Seeing as it is now seen as a "gentleman's agreement"), it will kick off big time, and will make the act of kicking the ball out for a throw-in for an injured oppo seem like a game of tiddly-winks!

... My money's on Leeds!   LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

50% of the net gate receipts from the semi's is evenly split 4 ways.

50% of the net gate receipts from the final is evenly split 2 ways.

The remaining amount is 'pooled' - no idea who this goes to.

Net gate receipts is defined as income (gate receipts, beam back tickets) less expenses (printing, police, stewards, etc...).

Our share of gate receipts will be roughly £2-2.5m. Net gate receipts will probably be £200k lower (finger in the air estimate).

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The difference is like picking up a £50 note of the floor and picking a 1p piece of the floor 

But I prefer “find a penny, pick it up, for the rest of the day you’ll have good luck”. 

With a £50 note you could say

“Find a £50 note and pick it up, for the rest of the day you’ll be looking out for a brothel” 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

But I prefer “find a penny, pick it up, for the rest of the day you’ll have good luck”. 

“Find a £50 note and pick it up, for the rest of the day you’ll be looking out for a brothel” 

Poor standard of brothel 

Amazing the amount of people who think that in play-offs (semi's and final) we get all the money. One quick google check on EFL Play-Off Ticket Revenue will show you what you get.

Then - don't forget to take VAT out of the equation.

So losing team from Wembley (So Villa then), I imagine you are looking at:

Average ticket price excluding VAT - £50. (Don't forget seniors/students etc). £50 x 80,000 = £4,000,000. Wembley costs for the day - circa £500k as a guess but I have no idea. £3.5m. Half of this goes to the EFL so £1.75M is left. If both teams come to the agreement that the loser gets the money, maybe this is what we are looking at.

I think I also read that TV income and other match day income is included so total turnover could be towards the £5 Million mark but I'm not 100% sure.

7 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Not in London. (Not that I would know of course)?

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Amazing the amount of people who think that in play-offs (semi's and final) we get all the money. One quick google check on EFL Play-Off Ticket Revenue will show you what you get.

Then - don't forget to take VAT out of the equation.

So losing team from Wembley (So Villa then), I imagine you are looking at:

Average ticket price excluding VAT - £50. (Don't forget seniors/students etc). £50 x 80,000 = £4,000,000. Wembley costs for the day - circa £500k as a guess but I have no idea. £3.5m. Half of this goes to the EFL so £1.75M is left. If both teams come to the agreement that the loser gets the money, maybe this is what we are looking at.

I think I also read that TV income and other match day income is included so total turnover could be towards the £5 Million mark but I'm not 100% sure.

6.4 Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. Facility fees payable to Clubs shall be determined by the Board.

7.8 Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. No facility fees shall be payable to Clubs.

Source: EFL

10 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Find a £50 note and pick it up and you'll be having free drinks for a day IMO

Archived