wembley bag policy

Spanish

Just seen this

Bag Policy - All ticketholders are now prohibited from bringing any bag into the stadium unless it is smaller than an A4 piece of paper. Full details can be found at: wembleystadium.com/plan-your-visit/stadium-guide/restricted-bag-policy

not sure how rigidly this will be enforced but it would be painful to get to the turnstiles and then have a problem.  I hope when they say A4 they are talking in 2 dimensions not 3 otherwise all you could bring is..............A4 piece of paper!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they enforce very strictly. I bought a new smaller bag for the occasion and it is still about 2cm too wide! A4 really is tiny - and not particularly bag-shaped!

There is a bag drop/store area if your bag is too big - it fills very quickly and costs £10 (long queues).

I have this from a friend who is a regular at England games.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Apparently they enforce very strictly.

I went to the London Stadium when a similar rule was in place. The bins by security were filled with bags that were too big but people thought they'd risk it. 

From the website:

Bag to be no larger than A4

Height 297mm (11.7 inches)

Width 210mm (8.27 inches)

Depth 210mm (8.27 inches)

BUT note this:

The approved criteria is in reference to the dimensions of the bag itself - bags that are half full and folded to reduce overall size will not be accepted.

How many bags can each person bring into the stadium?
One small bag per person that does not exceed A4 size (210mm x 210mm x 297mm) per person. All match day merchandise purchases will be supplied in a clear plastic bag in line with this policy and will be admissible in addition to the above.

Can fans carry cameras, smart phones or tablets separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. A phone or camera can be carried into the stadium so long as it is not in its own bag. This is not a restriction on items that fans have been able to bring into the stadium. It is only a restriction on the type of container used to carry items.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/plan-your-visit/stadium-guide/restricted-bag-policy

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

The FA must use some very high quality paper. If they are saying an A4 piece of paper is 210mm thick.

Bet it's a bugger to fold it in half and put it in an envelop.

should see the size of their printers

Archived