Always look on the bright side of life...

Ellafella

We’ve had a brilliant season. Loads of highs...great bond between Our Club and our fans. Let’s hope it ends on a high. But if it doesn’t, let’s ensure we stay to the very end and show out appreciation and take a leaf from Legia Warsaw’s book. “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two imposters just the same,...” ?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to post something similar. 

Come what may on Monday, we've certainly had a roller-coaster season. We've had quite a number of disappointing performances which matched any of the Rowett era. But, we have had so many fantastic performances, many of which we've all been able to enjoy live on TV. 

We've achieved a much as anyone could have expected at the start of the season and games like man u and the dirties have been 2 of many cherries on top of the cake. Hopefully, there is room for one more, if not, we can still look back on the season with great affection. 

For me the season is over, we won our cup final at Elland Road, what a way to end the season.

Monday is a nice day out to London, a bit of sight seeing and a few jars, before a trip to Wembley to watch my beloved team kick a bag of wind about.

If we win I will probably end up in Dubrovnik in a puddle of me on wazz, if we lose...well, for me we can't lose. 

Roll on next season.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For me the season is over, we won our cup final at Elland Road, what a way to end the season.

Monday is a nice day out to London, a bit of sight seeing and a few jars, before a trip to Wembley to watch my beloved team kick a bag of wind about.

If we win I will probably end up in Dubrovnik in a puddle of me on wazz, if we lose...well, for me we can't lose. 

Roll on next season.

No chance will you be saying that come Monday at 14:50.

7 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

No chance will you be saying that come Monday at 14:50.

True @BurtonRam7 I’m sure; but if things don’t go according to plan, we need to respond in the appropriate manner and accept our fate. It’ll help the Club as much as ourselves to cast a positive philosophy. There are a few potential negatives if we do win the game the biggest of which is the potential loss of Frank because the media will whip up such a hyperbolic frenzy that he will Be catapulted into the upper quartile of the Premiership management merry-go-round. Just sayin’ ...they need a new Cult hero. 

This game feels totally different from the QPR game. On that occasion we felt that we'd already done enough to get promoted and then we totally dominated the final. 

On this occasion we have hovered around the edge of the play offs all season and after Blackburn, felt our chance had gone and that there were better teams than us who would go up anyway. Again, we go into the game on Monday, as the underdog. 

Win on Monday and we will look forward to a season of struggle, lose and we look forward to a similar season to this one. Certainly, the club will benefit from promotion and will be strengthened in the long run, as long as the money isn't wasted. 

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

This game feels totally different from the QPR game. On that occasion we felt that we'd already done enough to get promoted and then we totally dominated the final. 

On this occasion we have hovered around the edge of the play offs all season and after Blackburn, felt our chance had gone and that there were better teams than us who would go up anyway. Again, we go into the game on Monday, as the underdog. 

Win on Monday and we will look forward to a season of struggle, lose and we look forward to a similar season to this one. Certainly, the club will benefit from promotion and will be strengthened in the long run, as long as the money isn't wasted. 

That is the $64,000 question....but it’s probably £164 m question really. How to avoid the “snakes” & “ladders” of the Prem game. 

Whatever happens, we've surely got rid of the 'bottlers' tag? 

We were 8th one month ago. We dragged ourselves back into the playoffs by being the second most in form team. 

We then performed the best come back I've seen from Derby (even including those few at the city ground) to make it against all of the odds to the final. 

Our lads are not bottlers. They've got gonads the size of coconuts! 

Archived