How sensitive is the Sky Q remote?

David

Sky Q Remote  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I keep sitting in mine and changing the channel. Especially annoying when you’ve paused in the night garden so the kids can watch the end of it after their bath. I know I can make it not touch sensitive, but it’s just such a cool feature, as impractical as it may be, so I can’t bring myself to turn it off. 

Sensitive and bloody huge by the sound of it. No room in my house for one of those

I switched touch control off. It was driving me nuts. Speech is reasonably OK though the family laugh when I talk to it.

As a normal remote I think its poor design. Hard to hold and not particularly intuitive or consistent (you press up to increase channel number in some modes but down in others). Borrowed a Logitech universal that worked with pre Q boxes, but couldn't get it to work at all.

Another thing I wish when you switch on it always went full screen to last channel not the menu screen.

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

U wot m8?

If you press and hold the button in the middle of the q on your sky q box, the remote will start to beep so you can find it if it’s fallen down the sofa. It’s the main reason I upgraded to a touch remote, I loose mine all the time. 

38 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

If you press and hold the button in the middle of the q on your sky q box, the remote will start to beep so you can find it if it’s fallen down the sofa. It’s the main reason I upgraded to a touch remote, I loose mine all the time. 

Works the same on the bog standard one too.

28 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

28 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

poo. I’ve been conned. Actually, we have the slightly cheaper sky q box, and the standard remote that comes with didn’t have that function. Unless they’ve changed it now.

Still, I use the voice command a lot. 

I can never remember what it is to start something for the beginning though. I’m constantly shouting ‘start from the beginning, start from the start, begin from the beginning, what the duck do you want from me!!!’

Turns out it’s ‘watch from the start’.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

You need one of the standard ones (here on the right)

rMgg5yC.jpg

I want to wet wipe my eyes just looking at this, give em a clean you filthy get, rather lick me toilet seat than change the channel those!

33 minutes ago, David said:

I want to wet wipe my eyes just looking at this, give em a clean you filthy get, rather lick me toilet seat than change the channel those!

That’s the best you’re going to get in our house,you should see some of the headphones(remains).☹️star wars holiday special christmas GIF

• 2 months later...

Archived