Gary Cahill

Waffle

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, irobinson said:

It will be Allegri

too early for Frank 

Chelsea will do what Chelsea will do, tabloids over here will use their creative imagination to link Lampard with some kind of Chelsea move be it manager or player/ex player for a Chelsea reunion at Derby.

Last season summer we had Drogba, Kalou, Obi Mikel, Abraham and Piazon.

This summer they have already started with Cahill.

My prediction is Abraham again, Tomori, Kalas, Baker and Kakuta for a rogue one with a Spanish paper nobody has heard of.

26 minutes ago, David said:

Game of Thrones helpline launched to help distressed fans to cope with the end of the series – at £40 AN HOUR

Professional councillors will guide fans on how to move on - at £40 an hour

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9109222/game-of-thrones-helpline-fans-cope-ending/

57 minutes ago, David said:

5 days ago, same paper

Frank Lampard 'to be next Chelsea manager' with Maurizio Sarri on brink of sack

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/frank-lampard-to-next-chelsea-16076789

Pretty much sums up the tabloids.

But they are handy when you want to have an 'impact' post...

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The Mirror are just teasing us, so that if/when we lose to Villa the Mirror can run a story with the headline 'look at what you could have won'.

A speedboat. It's always a speedboat.

Unsurprising rumour, with the Chelsea connection and Cahill being from Derbyshire its a fairly obvious link. Can definitely see this happening if we manage to go up, otherwise absolutely no chance. The money from promotion would give us enough wage budget to pay his wages, and I’m sure he’d take enough of a cut from his Chelsea wages given his age to allow us to do a deal. Without that money tho there’s no hope, particulary with other prem clubs no doubt considering a move. Move quick if we get promoted and I think we’ll have him tho, can see frank wanting him as the big name to kick start prem recruitment if we make it. Think it would be a good solid move myself as a first transfer to show our ambition if we do make it, he’s got that winning experience and know how that you’d want in defence to make sure you build that solid base that you can rely on. Never a spectacular player, but decent and reliable at prem level, and we’d be needing at least one new cb even if Tomori stays imo, so would a good move to get a new experienced spine in the team to try and stay up should we make it.

Would be a yes from me if we did go up as the first marquee signing, getting a two year deal wrapped up would be an excellent start if we make it. Reckon he’d take it too for the first team football if we moved quick enough should we win on Monday.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Unsurprising rumour, with the Chelsea connection and Cahill being from Derbyshire its a fairly obvious link. Can definitely see this happening if we manage to go up, otherwise absolutely no chance. The money from promotion would give us enough wage budget to pay his wages, and I’m sure he’d take enough of a cut from his Chelsea wages given his age to allow us to do a deal. Without that money tho there’s no hope, particulary with other prem clubs no doubt considering a move. Move quick if we get promoted and I think we’ll have him tho, can see frank wanting him as the big name to kick start prem recruitment if we make it. Think it would be a good solid move myself as a first transfer to show our ambition if we do make it, he’s got that winning experience and know how that you’d want in defence to make sure you build that solid base that you can rely on. Never a spectacular player, but decent and reliable at prem level, and we’d be needing at least one new cb even if Tomori stays imo, so would a good move to get a new experienced spine in the team to try and stay up should we make it.

Would be a yes from me if we did go up as the first marquee signing, getting a two year deal wrapped up would be an excellent start if we make it. Reckon he’d take it too for the first team football if we moved quick enough should we win on Monday.

I do relish a marquee signing........

.....shows our intent. ?

(other ancient one-liners are available....)

It’s a no from me thank you very much. A decent player in his prime but he is completely finished now and is useless in a side that wants to play football from the back. Much rather have Tomori. Also many Chelsea fans are saying that he’s a mole in the dressing room and leaks stories out to the English press to undermine Sarri. If we go up, we want a side with good team spirit like Bournemouth did and not someone looking for a last payday. 

I've always liked Cahill. I believe we were linked with him last time we won promotion and he went to Bolton(?). He would be an ideal signing in the Premier League, plenty of experience and still able to do it to a good standard. No doubt he's on his way down, but we would be thankful of that experience in the Premier League. 

Wages would need to be reviewed, free transfer or not. 

Archived