Play off final and the forum buzz

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think this time it almost feels like it's come out of nowhere as a bonus, i'd resigned myself to it was an ok season with a couple of good cup runs, then, OK we made top six, it's been unarguably a good season but i don't think the team's good enough to go up, so see what happens, to oh well, we've not laid a glove on leeds and it's 2 nil now......form that and wondering about the cricket, to oh holy fornication we might do this.

There's hope, but not pressure, confidence without undue expectation.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel free to enjoy Monday and even if we don't make it, the exultation of Leeds second leg will long be remembered.

“Holy fornication” .. brilliant, take a bow, love it ?

Can't bloody wait. Getting to London for 8am by car, going to have about 10 scarves out of the windows, Lampard face masks stuck all over the bonnet and roof, beep and drive up next to any other Derby cars we see (so i can high five the people inside), drive up next to villa cars (so we can Jamie Carragher them... jk) and hopefully at Covent garden by 9. UTR, no pressure on winning, if we lose, I will be there singing and applauding the Derby players long after the final whistle either way. Followed by a night out in LDN.

I feel drunk just thinking how drunk I will be. 

15 hours ago, David said:

Can’t agree with that, if fans have voiced concerns over the manager and team throughout the season, I wouldn’t expect them to stand by those now we’re at Wembley, reluctant to stray from any persona they may have built up.

It’s football, we all get things wrong from owners, managers, players right down to fans, holding your hands up and saying look maybe I was wrong is ok, you might get a bit of stick but you suck it up and on you go.

What I’ve always said that with regards your last paragraph 

Ah, forget the naysayers and knobbers who only turn up to twist the knife. They're not worth worrying about. It's their loss if they can't take pleasure from a season like this. I genuinely pity those who have been banging on all season, the 'we're a million miles from a play-off / promotion team' crew. Must be crap to be them with nothing better to do than log on and piss on other folks' chips. Desperate, really! To my mind, this has been a wild ride of a season with peaks, troughs and everything in between and I've absolutely loved it. These days I just refer to myself as a founder member of the happy-clapper club in any case as I've lost count of the times I've been called deluded. Safe to say it's all just water off a penguin's back anyway.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Ah, forget the naysayers and knobbers who only turn up to twist the knife. They're not worth worrying about. It's their loss if they can't take pleasure from a season like this. I genuinely pity those who have been banging on all season, the 'we're a million miles from a play-off / promotion team' crew. Must be crap to be them with nothing better to do than log on and piss on other folks' chips. Desperate, really! To my mind, this has been a wild ride of a season with peaks, troughs and everything in between and I've absolutely loved it. These days I just refer to myself as a founder member of the happy-clapper club in any case as I've lost count of the times I've been called deluded. Safe to say it's all just water off a penguin's back anyway.

giphy.gif

If you don't happy clap, if you don't happy clap you're a red...

Archived