Ashley Cole - not travelled to Portugal

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Hes come across as a consummate professional in his short time with us. Could easily have been one of Frank's mates just after a last few quid and introduced into the fa coaching set up. But he's been much more than that.

Been very impressed ?

Well said !

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

Legit had a dream last night that there was a media furore about Calum MacDonald making his full debut at Wembley. Woke up before the match took place though, I've no idea how well he did.

Quick, take some sleeping tablets. I want to know how Macdonald did and if we won or lost!

Disappointing in that to plan for the game we really need everyone there together. And it suggests Ashley is still a little way off. Hope it pays off and he's able to last 95/130  minutes on Bank Holiday Monday.

Think we will See Andre Wisdom back on the bench as someone who can cover across the whole back line including left back.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Disappointing in that to plan for the game we really need everyone there together. And it suggests Ashley is still a little way off. Hope it pays off and he's able to last 95/130  minutes on Bank Holiday Monday.

Think we will See Andre Wisdom back on the bench as someone who can cover across the whole back line including left back.

Seeing as Calum MacDonald has been on the bench recently ahead of Wisdom, wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench Monday.

Really sinking in now how daft Malone was to get sent off. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Seeing as Calum MacDonald has been on the bench recently ahead of Wisdom, wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench Monday.

Frank was not impressed with Malone getting himself that first booking if I recall. You're right Lampard puts faith in young players and goes with "if you're good enough, you're old enough".  But the potential of a Wembley debut in the world's most valuable sporting contest? That would be something. Expect you're right and he gets the call.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Frank was not impressed with Malone getting himself that first booking if I recall. You're right Lampard puts faith in young players and goes with "if you're good enough, you're old enough".  But the potential of a Wembley debut in the world's most valuable sporting contest? That would be something. Expect you're right and he gets the call.

Everybody thought it was a big call starting Bennett against the scum (it was) but he put an absolute shift in. 

2 hours ago, David said:

A bit unlucky. The second yellow wasn't a yellow. And it was the 92nd minute ref! 

2 hours ago, David said:

The first yellow was silly but the second I've some sympathy for. It was a tired lunge not intentional, he just got skinned and the price the lad's paid for it is a steep one. Like all of ours, he'd run himself stupid by then. Hard to be too cross with him in the circumstances, especially when you see his genuine joy at winning the game despite knowing he'd miss out on the final. He's actually gone up in my estimation as a result but then I am a soppy Bamford.

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

The first yellow was silly but the second I've some sympathy for. It was a tired lunge not intentional, he just got skinned and the price the lad's paid for it is a steep one. Like all of ours, he'd run himself stupid by then. Hard to be too cross with him in the circumstances, especially when you see his genuine joy at winning the game despite knowing he'd miss out on the final. He's actually gone up in my estimation as a result but then I am a soppy Bamford.

To be fair, if you watch the second one carefully, the Leeds player slipped and you can clearly see a divet come up before the challenge came in. Pretty impossible for a referee though, I guess.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

To be fair, if you watch the second one carefully, the Leeds player slipped and you can clearly see a divet come up before the challenge came in. Pretty impossible for a referee though, I guess.

Ah, missed that. Will have anther peep.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Ah, missed that. Will have anther peep.

personally I reckon Fernandez (I think) played for it.  If you watch the reply, his knees are on the floor a fraction before Malone even makes contact.  I could've quite easily have avoided contact, but because he'd over ran the ball with a crap touch he took the foul...

15 hours ago, angieram said:

Good young player, likes a tackle, looks after the ball well, is good going forward and takes a mean corner/free kick. 

What, Cole? Hate to break it to you but he’s retiring at the end of the season, I’m sure he’ll take the good young player compliment tho?

Archived