Man City release VC

irobinson

Really shocked that Man City have released Vincent Company - as he has high intellect and has much to offer football in general

Surprised at that - would make great Tech Director - board member

Someone going to pick him up on a one year contract.......Rams captain next year......

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, irobinson said:

One of those positions where nobody knows what they do, but because he played for the club would make a great choice?

If he can stay fit someone will get a couple of good seasons out of him.  Unfortunately he'll probably be on a fair whack and spend half the season on the sidelines. 

Step forwards West Ham ?

Really shocked that Man City have released Vincent Company - as he has high intellect and has much to offer football in general

Someone going to pick him up on a one year contract.......Rams captain next year......

Too injury prone even for a Paul McGrath type signing. 

Great player though, just that we have Curtis Davies doing his role currently ?

No thanks - we've already got one

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Well that speculation didn’t last long: new player/manager of Anderlecht.

That’s a massive job as well, they’ve had their worst season in living memory.

Guess you could argue he can’t do any worse.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, irobinson said:

Don't think they released him more he decided to go,got a job as player manager at anderlecht

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, irobinson said:

Don't think they released him more he decided to go,got a job as player manager at anderlecht

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Not as annoying as people blaming Kevin Phillips for our strikers being cack.

In fairness when he first came and we were doing well there was plenty of mentions and praise from within the club for his positive effect on goal scoring.

So when we couldn't score for toffee its only fair there should be criticism.

Interesting he chose to go into management at such a young age, suspect city will miss his presence in the side and his leadership. Could easily have stayed another year or got first team football elsewhere at the highest level. But I guess if he wants to be a manager and he’s been offered such a big job who can blame him for starting as soon as he can, obviously been planned for a while.

I think Anderlecht have pulled a worldie there to be honest , not only do they have kompany as a player who’s still top class, but some players are just born managers- and he’s one of them. Intelligent, commanding, calm, well respected and he speaks so well about other players and football in general. He’ll be a top class manager I reckon, certainly better than Henry 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting he chose to go into management at such a young age, suspect city will miss his presence in the side and his leadership. Could easily have stayed another year or got first team football elsewhere at the highest level. But I guess if he wants to be a manager and he’s been offered such a big job who can blame him for starting as soon as he can, obviously been planned for a while.

I think Anderlecht have pulled a worldie there to be honest , not only do they have kompany as a player who’s still top class, but some players are just born managers- and he’s one of them. Intelligent, commanding, calm, well respected and he speaks so well about other players and football in general. He’ll be a top class manager I reckon, certainly better than Henry 

Anderlecht is his boyhood club, so I suspect it was as much Kompany reaching out to them as vice versa.

Archived