A terrible record we hold that might be gone soon

Duracell

No, it’s not from 07/08 (and stop asking, it’s not going to happen). 

Just three more goals and our record for the worst cup final defeat is done.

Anyone else remember that wretched afternoon in 1903? Derby fans who travelled to Crystal Palace should’ve got first dibs on play-off final tickets imo.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record books already updated .   Shame they didn't bring on Aguero instead of a centre half .

Most consecutive/uninterrupted years as FA Cup Champions: 7, Portsmouth F.C., (1939–1946)

Most Final appearances without ever winning: 4, Leicester City (1949, 1961, 1963, 1969)

Most Final appearances without ever losing: 5, Wanderers (1872, 1873, 1876, 1877, 1878)

Most Final appearances without losing (streak): 7, Tottenham Hotspur (1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982)

Longest gap between wins: 69 years, Portsmouth (1939–2008)[48]

Biggest win: 6 goals, joint record:

Bury 6–0 Derby County, (1903)

Manchester City 6–0 Watford, (2019)

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

No, it’s not from 07/08 (and stop asking, it’s not going to happen). 

Just three more goals and our record for the worst cup final defeat is done.

Anyone else remember that wretched afternoon in 1903? Derby fans who travelled to Crystal Palace should’ve got first dibs on play-off final tickets imo.

Eddie was there with his grandchildren....?

I can’t feel happy about this. I’d have been happy if Watford would’ve taken our record outright, but that was our record and I don't want to have to share it now. Either take it away from us altogether or don’t; but don’t equal it. 

23 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Frank Lampard's Derby County if you please!

I don’t think it was Frank Lampard’s Derby county that lost 6-0 though. 

In fact, haven’t we effectively eradicated all those unwanted records from our history by essentially liquidating ourselves and reforming as Frank Lampard’s Derby Count Ltd. 

Archived