Play off final | Roadrider

Shorty389

Who else on here is going roadrider?

What number coach are you on? 

Also any idea where it will drop off and which car park we go to after to get back on? Also how soon after final whistle we need to get back to the coach.....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Also any idea where it will drop off and which car park we go to after to get back on? Also how soon after final whistle we need to get back to the coach.....

Take a book to read while you are waiting to get out the car park after the game. Make sure it’s a thick one too.

At the qpr final it was a case off turning up at PP and joining the back of the queue. We arrived at 8am and the queue went from the front doors round the south stand to Greggs. The coaches arrived filled up from the front of the queue and was on its way. We got on a coach about 11am and arrived at Wembley at 2:50. Only just got into the ground. All in all with losing, it was the worst day out of my life. 

Vowed id never go again... until Wednesday night. But will go in the car and park locally. 

53 minutes ago, ramjam1884 said:

At the qpr final it was a case off turning up at PP and joining the back of the queue. We arrived at 8am and the queue went from the front doors round the south stand to Greggs. The coaches arrived filled up from the front of the queue and was on its way. We got on a coach about 11am and arrived at Wembley at 2:50. Only just got into the ground. All in all with losing, it was the worst day out of my life. 

Vowed id never go again... until Wednesday night. But will go in the car and park locally. 

Agree with all of this. Worst day of my life, and not because of the football.

Will never use the road rider again.

59 minutes ago, ramjam1884 said:

I was on coach 7 of 60 we went passed Wembley way at 1-30 they wouldn’t let us off and made us go round Wembley we got off about 2-30 - no chance to enjoy the pre match and when returned to the coach sat there for 2 plus hours and there was no QPR coaches and there will be Aston Villa ones - train for me 

Vowed to never take the Roadrider to Wembley again, when we played WBA, after it took for ever to get there.

Went by car for the QPR game, got stuck in a traffic jam outside Stanmore.

So this time going down on  Sunday. Stopping near Edgware, Tube to Covent Garden on Monday morning for breakfast and a few pints then back to Wembley for the match.

23 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

currently booked on the roadrider not sure what coach number though!

also wondering about getting back etc. anyone know?

8 minutes ago, ollieb123 said:

also wondering about getting back etc. anyone know?

Going by what everyone else has said, I think we will.have a while to get back to the coach.... 

Research has told me the coach car park is the yellow one....which is just off Olympic way? So should be fairly easy to get back to..... 

I am coach 23 and if I were ring a taxie as I dont think be anywere to park.

There be around 50 coaches going from pp alone but been better queing people for roadriders for big games like at chelsea and man utd game.

But nrothing on this scale.

You don’t get allocated a coach going, just queue and fill each coach as line diminishes, obviously coach you end up on is the one that brings you back. If a few of you are likely to be split between coaches and you need to be together, wait and let others board before you and get on next available one. That's what happened last time anyway. 

21 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Vowed to never take the Roadrider to Wembley again, when we played WBA, after it took for ever to get there.

So this time going down on  Sunday. Stopping near Edgware, Tube to Covent Garden on Monday morning for breakfast and a few pints then back to Wembley for the match.

That’s the way to do it...

21 hours ago, 1of4 said:

That traffic jam at Stanmore was probably the worst I have ever seen.

I bailed and dumped the car and got to the nearest bus route. Got to the ground ar 2.45. Will never drive again on the day.

I am heading down the night before like and getting the train to wembley so much easier. 

3 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

That traffic jam at Stanmore was probably the worst I have ever seen.

I bailed and dumped the car and got to the nearest bus route. Got to the ground ar 2.45. Will never drive again on the day.

I am heading down the night before like and getting the train to wembley so much easier. 

What time did you get to the traffic jam?

Archived