Club-provided flags at Wembley: naff or needed?

Duracell

Free flags at Wembley  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I remember the QPR fans all had flags in 2014 and it looked great. 

Made us look like a big bunch of flesh coloured blobs.

Most important part of creating an atmosphere is showing the players on the pitch how much support they’ve got, a sea of flags does that. Once the game starts you can put your flag down and start making some noise. 

Important point is make sure they’re black AND white flags. Black flags don’t stand out and white flags make you look French. Need a bit of both.

I don't mind either way really, but the fifty grand or so it would cost could probably be better spent elsewhere. Like on sausages at Moor Farm.

I took the missus against QPR - and she commented on how the QPR end looked a lot better - and I must admit...we did look like a thrown together bunch. Although they were plastic - and their whole club is!

needless to say....after QPR, she's not coming!! as she doesn't want to jinx it!!

So im a flag fan

so big plain W&B flags. - same sort Watford are waving please

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

I don't mind either way really, but the fifty grand or so it would cost could probably be better spent elsewhere. Like on sausages at Moor Farm.

I think they are back on the menu, it’s the only thing that would explain the performance at Elland Road on Wednesday night

21 minutes ago, eddie said:

Any idea how much it would have cost Dirty Leeds for all those scarves on Wednesday? Must admit it did look epic though... (despite those holding them the wrong way up!!)

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Or part of the KKK.

Don't you start! ?

I  remember tweeting a photo of those flags after we'd worked so hard to put them out and my twitter feed was inundated with hundreds of comments about the KKK from Forest supporters.

It's the one and only time I've ever had a tweet go crazy - it was horrible so I only post very mundane stuff on there now.

I am a no. Makes it seem like its all about a day out - take a picnic, prawn sarnies etc. Nice to wave a flag but its the result that matters. I am sure that Leeds enjoyed holding their scarfs up on Wednesday, but would probably swap it for a win. I agree that it looks good, but it can bring on an arrogance, as if you have already won - a bit like Leeds, but then again we thought we were going to beat QPR, and we didn't have flags. Any phycologists out there? 

Watford’s looked great , even when 6:0 down and it looked like it could get worse they gave their fans an opportunity to show their appreciation and keep on supporting their team.

( not that the same will happen to us of course ! ) 

Archived