Man City v Watford | FA Cup Final 18/19

Day

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48327995

I know a couple of football journalists personally and must say despite their fame, they are cracking blokes and not up their own backside in any way shape or form.

Most of them though, are total poo houses who look to provoke, cause trouble and then if the manager has the balls to answer them as directly as they sometimes do, the journo's bottle it and run an underhand series of stories to undermine the manager. I swear it was Jose's defiant (and maybe arrogant even) stance in his press interviews which sped up his sacking. They went after him big time and even if there weren't rifts before, there certainly were after.

Personally, I think this guy should be named and shamed for asking such a shithouse question in public without a shred of anything other than he wants to ask a shitty question. If I were City he'd never get near my ground again. If I were Pep I'd make sure neither me nor any of my players gave interviews to whoever it is he works for.

Doesn't even give the bloke 2 days to enjoy his and his players incredible achievements.

Bang out of order. The feckers don't know how blessed they are to be given such access to stars of the game, to be given freedom to criticise players and managers performing at the highest level, without any comeback then just rock up again next week, get your match pass and a complimentary coffee and slaughter your next victim as if you're the greatest gift the game has ever received.

As a Wolves fan, losing the semi-final the way we did was the pits, I've never come away from a football match as hurt as that.  Two years of exceeding all expectations still doesn't insulate you from that.  Who knows when the next chance to reach a final will come?

For the last month, every time I've seen something about the FA Cup final I've gone into mourning, thinking 'that could have been us'.

As the final progressed, I was still thinking 'that could have been us', but for very different reasons!  Delighted with Wolves' progress this year, 41 points off the bottom is great.  But the same off City at the top, every chance we'd have suffered a similar fate in the final, glad it wasn't us.

That Man City team really are something else.  Congratulations to them, they are incredible.

Hope of course that you beat Villa in the play-off final.  Yes, the Premier is unforgiving, as Wolves and Derby fans we know that as well as anybody, but it can be done, not all teams are as good as City ?

7 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48327995

I know a couple of football journalists personally and must say despite their fame, they are cracking blokes and not up their own backside in any way shape or form.

Most of them though, are total poo houses who look to provoke, cause trouble and then if the manager has the balls to answer them as directly as they sometimes do, the journo's bottle it and run an underhand series of stories to undermine the manager. I swear it was Jose's defiant (and maybe arrogant even) stance in his press interviews which sped up his sacking. They went after him big time and even if there weren't rifts before, there certainly were after.

Personally, I think this guy should be named and shamed for asking such a shithouse question in public without a shred of anything other than he wants to ask a shitty question. If I were City he'd never get near my ground again. If I were Pep I'd make sure neither me nor any of my players gave interviews to whoever it is he works for.

Doesn't even give the bloke 2 days to enjoy his and his players incredible achievements.

Bang out of order. The feckers don't know how blessed they are to be given such access to stars of the game, to be given freedom to criticise players and managers performing at the highest level, without any comeback then just rock up again next week, get your match pass and a complimentary coffee and slaughter your next victim as if you're the greatest gift the game has ever received.

It's a completely fair question and if not in front of a packed media room in a filmed presser with maximum publicity, when should he ask it?

City and I include Pep, don't seem to like anyone questioning anything they do that is not part of the whiter than white, Abu Dhabi-approved narrative they have tried to cultivate in an attempt to give their despicable regime the soft power they crave.

Note Guardiola didn't deny it. Not saying that he has to, just that why wouldn't you if the answer is 'no'?

53 minutes ago, Molinstu said:

As a Wolves fan, losing the semi-final the way we did was the pits, I've never come away from a football match as hurt as that.  Two years of exceeding all expectations still doesn't insulate you from that.  Who knows when the next chance to reach a final will come?

For the last month, every time I've seen something about the FA Cup final I've gone into mourning, thinking 'that could have been us'.

As the final progressed, I was still thinking 'that could have been us', but for very different reasons!  Delighted with Wolves' progress this year, 41 points off the bottom is great.  But the same off City at the top, every chance we'd have suffered a similar fate in the final, glad it wasn't us.

That Man City team really are something else.  Congratulations to them, they are incredible.

Hope of course that you beat Villa in the play-off final.  Yes, the Premier is unforgiving, as Wolves and Derby fans we know that as well as anybody, but it can be done, not all teams are as good as City ?

I would have liked Wolves to win it myself.  Spent a lot of time in Wolverhampton in the late Nineties . A group of us used to come up from Derby to meet up with some lads we met on holiday and they would come down here.  Think the pub we used to start at was The Oddfellows in Compton -nice area .Always a good night and friendly people.  Good luck next season, with a bit of luck we might be playing you .

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

It's a completely fair question and if not in front of a packed media room in a filmed presser with maximum publicity, when should he ask it?

City and I include Pep, don't seem to like anyone questioning anything they do that is not part of the whiter than white, Abu Dhabi-approved narrative they have tried to cultivate in an attempt to give their despicable regime the soft power they crave.

Note Guardiola didn't deny it. Not saying that he has to, just that why wouldn't you if the answer is 'no'?

Why is it a fair question? Have I missed something in Pep's past which indicates he's taken brown envelope payments outside of his contract?

It's a disgrace UNLESS he's got some kind of info that he's onto something and if he was he would have pressed when Pep asked him directly "are you accusing me"

Why should he have to justify such a shitty question with an "answer". Note he didn't deny it? I'd have offered the guy a private chat in my office if he threw in a line of questioning like that. ESPECIALLY if I hadn't done what he's insinuating.

He's just off the back of arguably one of the best seasons ever seen by an English club this century and you think some no mark sports journalist is right to choose that time to ask him if he took a bung?

Despicable regime? Give over, Pep nor the City players or fans are in any way responsible for the Abu Dhabi regime or for their attempts to cultivate soft power. what on earth is that?

I expect you'll be on later accusing Chris Wilder of taking a bung and then wondering why he gets annoyed and doesn't deny it. Osama bin Ladens family invested in the Blades. Apparently, shock horror but not everyone in Osama bin Ladens family is guilty of crimes against humanity.

One of my cousins in a total poo bag, the rest of them are ok. Go figure.

Getting back to City's owners. They've spent money they can afford to spend, they've not saddled the club with debt or refused to pay players or suppliers, They've taken a football club that was on its arse and they've turned it into a major European force with a set of players who are among the best on the planet.

I don't care about the stuff outside of football and nobody else would give a monkeys ass if City weren't so far ahead of everyone apart from maybe Liverpool and Spurs.

I judge their football ownership on what they've done to the club the local community and economy. I'm not overly interested in anything else.

The question showed a massive lack of class and respect. 

Now, if in 3 months the story breaks thatt Pep does or did indeed take a bung. I'll be straight on to you personally with an apology. Until then, the journo in my eyes is a poo stirring **** ***.

19 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Why is it a fair question? Have I missed something in Pep's past which indicates he's taken brown envelope payments outside of his contract?

It's a disgrace UNLESS he's got some kind of info that he's onto something and if he was he would have pressed when Pep asked him directly "are you accusing me"

Why should he have to justify such a shitty question with an "answer". Note he didn't deny it? I'd have offered the guy a private chat in my office if he threw in a line of questioning like that. ESPECIALLY if I hadn't done what he's insinuating.

He's just off the back of arguably one of the best seasons ever seen by an English club this century and you think some no mark sports journalist is right to choose that time to ask him if he took a bung?

Despicable regime? Give over, Pep nor the City players or fans are in any way responsible for the Abu Dhabi regime or for their attempts to cultivate soft power. what on earth is that?

I expect you'll be on later accusing Chris Wilder of taking a bung and then wondering why he gets annoyed and doesn't deny it. Osama bin Ladens family invested in the Blades. Apparently, shock horror but not everyone in Osama bin Ladens family is guilty of crimes against humanity.

One of my cousins in a total poo bag, the rest of them are ok. Go figure.

Getting back to City's owners. They've spent money they can afford to spend, they've not saddled the club with debt or refused to pay players or suppliers, They've taken a football club that was on its arse and they've turned it into a major European force with a set of players who are among the best on the planet.

I don't care about the stuff outside of football and nobody else would give a monkeys ass if City weren't so far ahead of everyone apart from maybe Liverpool and Spurs.

I judge their football ownership on what they've done to the club the local community and economy. I'm not overly interested in anything else.

The question showed a massive lack of class and respect. 

Now, if in 3 months the story breaks thatt Pep does or did indeed take a bung. I'll be straight on to you personally with an apology. Until then, the journo in my eyes is a poo stirring **** ***.

Blimey that was an angry reply!

Of course it's a fair question. All questions are fair. The guy is a journalist - it's his job to report the news and ask questions of the people involved. There's been plenty of reports doing the rounds about City's behaviour, why shouldn't he try and get Pep's side of things? Better that than just write a load of stuff in an article without giving the subject a right of reply. No?

I think that's the perfect time to ask a question like that. Why should he defer it just because it might taint what is a fantastic achievement? Should they only be allowed to ask questions that suit their interviewee?

You're correct City players nor Pep are responsible for the UAE's horrendous government, I never said they were. I was criticising the government for being so horrible, and City for effectively not allowing difficult questions to be asked about it. 

That you are not bothered by City's owners and what they do outside of football is beside the point. Some people are bothered by having homophobic, sexist, misogynist, Royal's in charge of one of England's most famous and now successful clubs and some people want to know if they're doing something they shouldn't be doing.

I can't believe I'm defending a journo but not sure why he shouldn't have been able to ask a question based on things that have been reported in the past 12 months to the person they were reportedly about.

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Blimey that was an angry reply!

Of course it's a fair question. All questions are fair. The guy is a journalist - it's his job to report the news and ask questions of the people involved. There's been plenty of reports doing the rounds about City's behaviour, why shouldn't he try and get Pep's side of things? Better that than just write a load of stuff in an article without giving the subject a right of reply. No?

I think that's the perfect time to ask a question like that. Why should he defer it just because it might taint what is a fantastic achievement? Should they only be allowed to ask questions that suit their interviewee?

You're correct City players nor Pep are responsible for the UAE's horrendous government, I never said they were. I was criticising the government for being so horrible, and City for effectively not allowing difficult questions to be asked about it. 

That you are not bothered by City's owners and what they do outside of football is beside the point. Some people are bothered by having homophobic, sexist, misogynist, Royal's in charge of one of England's most famous and now successful clubs and some people want to know if they're doing something they shouldn't be doing.

I can't believe I'm defending a journo but not sure why he shouldn't have been able to ask a question based on things that have been reported in the past 12 months to the person they were reportedly about.

Not angry at all Joe. A lot of question marks doesn't make it angry.

The guy asked the question, I believe because Mancini had allegedly been paid for something outside of his managerial contract I believe.

Roberto Mancini did it not Pep. How does that make the part of your quote I've bolded right? You say it's based on things about Pep in the last 12 months?

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-ffp-232187

"After the game however, Guardiola was asked whether he had ever been paid by Abu Dhabi for services other than managing Manchester City, something which is alleged to have occurred with one of City's former managers, Roberto Mancini."

It would be the same as the journo asking Pep if he's ever killed someone or tried to bring in a rule that says homosexual sex is punishable by death and you thinking that's a fair question and one Pep should be comfortable facing and answering.

A shithouse of a question from a shithouse of a journalist.

Archived