Max Lowe wins players' player of the year

Carl Sagan

Max had obviously had a good loan season and won the Aberdeen Players' Player of the Year last night. Congratulations to the lad. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1750730/goalkeeper-joe-lewis-crowned-aberdeens-player-of-the-year-for-2018-19/

A reason he went was to see how he'd fare in men's football, especially with a few niggly injuries to his name that seemed hard to shake off. He's passed that test with 46 appearances (for us and them) this season. Really pleased for him. 

There's talk of another loan there next season. Pointless as far as I can see. He needs to look at Jayden Bogle and see what's possible and resolve to seize his chance next season.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Max had obviously had a good loan season and won the Aberdeen Players' Player of the Year last night. Congratulations to the lad. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1750730/goalkeeper-joe-lewis-crowned-aberdeens-player-of-the-year-for-2018-19/

A reason he went was to see how he'd fare in men's football, especially with a few niggly injuries to his name that seemed hard to shake off. He's passed that test with 46 appearances (for us and them) this season. Really pleased for him. 

There's talk of another loan there next season. Pointless as far as I can see. He needs to look at Jayden Bogle and see what's possible and resolve to seize his chance next season.

I think it will all depend on what league we are in next season.

I thought he was excellent in the pre season friendly against Soton , some defensive frailties / nativity seemed to need ironing out - did he have 2/3 league starts ?  The loan move looked good especially as it was with a competitive Scottish team. If he has come on anything like Bogle then we are blessed. 

Oh yes .. and we’ll done Max.????  If your team mates rate you rather than us fickle fans then that is seriously good news for your future

He has the ability, he just needs to settle down during the games. Clearly he has for Aberdeen but he's been a bit of a rabbit in the headlights when turning out for Derby. There's a really good player in there if he can be coached to put his best foot forward. Next season is massive for him in terms of his Derby future so I hope he finds his feet.

16 hours ago, jono said:

I thought he was excellent in the pre season friendly against Soton , some defensive frailties / nativity seemed to need ironing out 

????

I hate it when players seem more concerned with following a star than defensive positioning too.

Archived