Play Off Final | Where Are You Sitting?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

I will be sitting in the pub watching the match on Sky as I couldn't buy a ticket. It is a pity as Wembley Stadium is approximately 3 miles from my house. Still you win some you lose some. I have decided I don't like random queue allocations. At 9895 I didn't have a hope in hell of buying a ticket!

I was about 300 in front of you, and got 6 in a row!  Not gloating, but just shows the fine margins where pot luck is involved!

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was about 300 in front of you, and got 6 in a row!  Not gloating, but just shows the fine margins where pot luck is involved!

If you plan to stay over on the Sunday night prior to the game I would recommend you book your accommadation quickly. Many of the hotels in this area have been converted to flats as Harrow/Wembley is now the most westerly suburb of Bucharest, Sofia and Warsaw. The car parking is also more restricted as some of the land has been developed. There are a few hotels close to the stadium and the Travellers Rest in Harrow which is a Premier Inn would be a decent option as it is close to public transport.

Most likely from a pub in Shoreditch, surrounded by bearded hipster's half my age wearing offensively tight jeans, which probably means I'll be drinking some over priced cloudy fruit based IPA, called 'Mango Monkey Spaff' from the Vomit Donkey Brewery or similar.

Me and the daughter had already booked a hotel and got some relatively cheap train tickets, and just hoped we would get lucky on the tickets. But at 12356 in the queue it was not to be. I said this on the other thread, having seen Wednesday's point system in action, we would have been pretty much nailed on for tickets, but no point dwelling on this.

Still can't wait for the final though, and I expect to hear you lucky Rams raising the roof across town. Let's smash 'em!!

59 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

If you plan to stay over on the Sunday night prior to the game I would recommend you book your accommadation quickly. Many of the hotels in this area have been converted to flats as Harrow/Wembley is now the most westerly suburb of Bucharest, Sofia and Warsaw. The car parking is also more restricted as some of the land has been developed. There are a few hotels close to the stadium and the Travellers Rest in Harrow which is a Premier Inn would be a decent option as it is close to public transport.

Cheers HR.  Much appreciated.

Son is gonna make some calls tomorrow, and see if the UJC has availability, as he's a member, and has been somewhat impressed when staying there previously.  By all accounts, it's not ideal for Wembley per sé, but appears to be in the heart of everything else, and certainly appears to be quite handy for any Covent Garden shenanigans!  I understand the whole point of the Tube is to bring everything within easy reach, so the central location shouldn't be too much hassle?

Will hopefully know more tomorrow, and if that falls through, I'll probably aim for NW limits (Watford and below), and train/tube in from there.

Still undecided about driving, or train +drinking.  Despite not being a boozer, I suspect the latter will win out.  I do have to be back to work 7am Tuesday unfortunately though, as my one colleague will be away on holiday! 

Worst case?  I'm more than happy to drive there and back on the day, and keep off the booze.  Can't deny, after the "stresses" of today, it's nice to be a bit more relaxed about the rest of the plans.  Que sera, as they say!

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

As for hotels, I live in the part of the capital called The City of London which is the central old Roman city and financial district. It's full of 4 and 5 star hotels and on Sundays (and Saturdays) and Bank Holiday Monday they'll only cost you £100 (in the week £300-500). Short walk into Shoreditch for beers. Direct tube to Wembley from Aldgate or Liverpool St. I'd suggest way nicer that staying in some north London hell hole.

Make a weekend of it!

22 hours ago, philmycock said:

What's happening with the flag?!

Please don't ask! Having a mare with it. 

Sick and tired of politics in our game, I really am. Believe it or not, but as we speak, it's too small!!!! Yes too small!

Still working on it but not looking good. There is a plan B, but not for the flag that has been present home and away for the last 10 years.

Me and my partner had 5 browsers open in total. 3 laptops 2 phones. Each browser had got onto the dcfc site and logged in by 1:50. One browser (laptop) was astonishingly assigned queue number 223, whilst the other four were 6000, 13500 and 16500 and 23500. 

In the moment I knew it was almost too good to be true; an estimated arrival time of 2:01pm and the possibility to secure well located (halfway line ish not in the gods) tickets. And boy was I proved right when at 2:01pm rather than directing me to the select your block/seat page it said ‘this server is too busy/there’s too much traffic’ or something along them lines and next thing you know I was queue number 23500 on that browser. 

Thankfully my other browser (iPhone) position 6000 meant that I did secure two tickets in block 516 in the end by 2:45 ish. I know I shouldn’t moan seen as many fans were so unfortunate as to miss out, whereas I will be at Wembley watching the rams and I am still thankful and happy of course. However, I found it very frustrating to be dislodged from the site and added to the back of the queue again after getting so lucky with position number 223. This effectively meant I couldn’t secure the cat1/2 halfway line ish tickets I desired. 

If anyone was forced to buy Cat 1/2 tickets/accidentally did so in a panic, and you’d rather Cat 4 tickets in block 516 row 9 please feel free to message me! 

COYR ????

Just now, therams69 said:

Please don't ask! Having a mare with it. 

Sick and tired of politics in our game, I really am. Believe it or not, but as we speak, it's too small!!!! Yes too small!

Still working on it but not looking good. There is a plan B, but not for the flag that has been present home and away for the last 10 years.

Too small????!!! WTF!

Just now, philmycock said:

Too small????!!! WTF!

I know ... Normally used to being told its too big! Also other politics going off with it which i cant (yet) publically put on but just another reason why I am falling out of love with the game we all love... ?

Archived