Bielsa gone already! (not confirmed)

R@M

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimbo jones said:

I wondered this whilst watching over the course of the season. The PowerPoint stuff, the obsession for detail. Theres traits there. Obviously you can’t say he is just from glimpses on the telly.

I thought the same thing - a lot of traits there. Would also explain why he struggles with managing the emotional side of the game and injuries etc when things don't go the way he visualises them in his head. Also why he didn't seem to understand that spying was wrong

I suppose in a way Leeds have had similar problem to us in that Frank and Bielsa are both clearly scholars of the game with strong tactical ideas based on managing/playing in successful teams - and it's hard to translate that to what occurs on the pitch  when your team is "championship" level players not "champions league"

I was thinking throughout the play off matches, these aren't supermen, these are just championship players in a championship team but doing it at an intensity that's beyond any normal team in the division.

I think the Mac 1 comparison is quite good, inherited a solid championship squad and somehow got them playing way above what was thought possible. If he stays there, they'll be strong again, but the season will be harder.

in all honesty, if they'd been anyone other than Leeds, I'd have nothing but goodwill to him and the the team he's coached. But they were Leeds, so, lolz

I hope he stays tbh. The league is better when Leeds compete.

Night's like Wednesday night wouldn't have been as special if it was any other club. Both due to our own history together, and that Elland Road just makes events well, more eventful. 

Just now, David said:

The league was better when they were in League One. Sooner they go back there the better.

Agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I thought the same thing - a lot of traits there. Would also explain why he struggles with managing the emotional side of the game and injuries etc when things don't go the way he visualises them in his head. Also why he didn't seem to understand that spying was wrong

I suppose in a way Leeds have had similar problem to us in that Frank and Bielsa are both clearly scholars of the game with strong tactical ideas based on managing/playing in successful teams - and it's hard to translate that to what occurs on the pitch  when your team is "championship" level players not "champions league"

Sorry, but who are we to discuss whether a football manager may be autistic? 

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Like characters like Bielsa.

I heard a figure of 6 million a year for him and his staff at Leeds on TalkSPORT.

Got Rowett written all over it,he can really take them forward?

Yeah - marching on together - they deserve each other.

14 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Maybe Leeds fans can get a petition together, to get the outcome rewritten....after all they have self entitlement in bucket loads...

Those big wide shallow buckets.

Here’s my two penneth on Bielsa. First penneth,  it’s absolutely brilliant that the English game is attracting managers of his calibre. 

BUT, he thought he was coming into a league where he was better than everyone else. To me he thought he’d do it in one season and look like a genius. He’s not the first he thought like this and he won’t be the last, it was this mentality that brought Clement down at Derby. 

He undermined the league to me, heck Leeds as a whole undermined the league and have got their just desserts for doing so. Maybe a lesson in humility might teach them s thing or two, but I honestly doubt it

On 16/05/2019 at 23:30, Millenniumram said:

Ducking piss myself if he resigns because of last night, all those chants..... duck off you Yorkshire bar stewards???

I know he needs a translator but I didn't realise he was from Yorkshire. I also know nothing about his parentage.

Archived