Bielsa gone already! (not confirmed)

R@M

Taken from poss ITK on Leeds forum....

Bielsa gone. (Not confirmed anywhere, no details added in OP).

Can't say but it's happened. 

Believe me or not it's up to you

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not usually one to jump to conclusions, but knowing how he's left clubs before, including Lazio after 2 days, and how he was talking about the team before they played us, as soon as we beat them I thought he might walk

I would not at all be surprised. The bloke can't speak a lick of the lingo, so life must be difficult unless he's got that bloke hanging out back of him everywhere he goes. 

I was also suspicious that he blamed himself for the defeat, in it's whole entirety. It seemed the words of a man looking to leave 'for the best of the club'. Daft really, as he's a top, top manager. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

I would not at all be surprised. The bloke can't speak a lick of the lingo, so life must be difficult unless he's got that bloke hanging out back of him everywhere he goes

I was also suspicious that he blamed himself for the defeat, in it's whole entirety. It seemed the words of a man looking to leave 'for the best of the club'. Daft really, as he's a top, top manager. 

It gets really awkward when he’s picking up hookers. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would not at all be surprised. The bloke can't speak a lick of the lingo, so life must be difficult unless he's got that bloke hanging out back of him everywhere he goes. 

What makes you think he's a top manager?

Don't get me wrong, I like his footballing philosophies and I think he'd make a head coach. He's done a great job at taking Leeds from mid table to 3rd. But when you look at his managerial career (a long one at that), he's not exactly won a great deal has he? 

8 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Don't get me wrong, I like his footballing philosophies and I think he'd make a head coach. He's done a great job at taking Leeds from mid table to 3rd. But when you look at his managerial career (a long one at that), he's not exactly won a great deal has he? 

Sort of my feeling, really. As a football theorist, he's undeniably one of the best, but in practice there's a lot of flaws in his approach. He doesn't seem to be able to deal with the more fallible sides of the game very well: emotions, injuries, etc. I think the game yesterday is a prime example of his approach when at its worst: a knackered, mentally drained, injury-ravaged side, who looked scared to death when put under pressure. He's rightly influential, but those influenced by him and successful, i.e. Pep, Poch, etc., have found ways to deal with the parts of the game he seems to struggle with.

33 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

well, this... 

20 minutes ago, JfR said:

Sort of my feeling, really. As a football theorist, he's undeniably one of the best, but in practice there's a lot of flaws in his approach. He doesn't seem to be able to deal with the more fallible sides of the game very well: emotions, injuries, etc. I think the game yesterday is a prime example of his approach when at its worst: a knackered, mentally drained, injury-ravaged side, who looked scared to death when put under pressure. He's rightly influential, but those influenced by him and successful, i.e. Pep, Poch, etc., have found ways to deal with the parts of the game he seems to struggle with.

?

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Apparently he can now to be fair, he allegedly just uses the translator so his words aren't twisted. By all accounts he's actually quite a nice, humble bloke around the community who genuinely feels bad about Spygate.

He's been great, but he's a sandwich short of a picnic.

all that crouching, staring at the floor, and avoiding eye contact is wierd.

Carry on you argie nutcase (but does it have to be at Leeds?)

38 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's been great, but he's a sandwich short of a picnic.

all that crouching, staring at the floor, and avoiding eye contact is wierd.

Carry on you argie nutcase (but does it have to be at Leeds?)

Autism?

He’s taken Leeds forward leaps and bounds, but his time there reminds me of McClaren’s first spell here.

Bielsa’s tactical nous, coaching and man management has got an extra 20% out of an otherwise top half squad of players. Bielsa also hasn’t brought in a lot of personnel, so squad unity is high. But just like McClaren in 2014, the team has ended up not getting the promotion that was probably deserved over the course of the season.

If they can keep Bielsa and 3-4 key players (Phillips, Roofe, Klich and Hernandez), they’ll be a threat again next year and quite possibly favourites for promotion, especially if they can add some depth and variety to the squad.

But if Bielsa leaves, life will go on. But they might end up in a similar situation to us recently - forever a bridesmaid - if they make the wrong appointment.

They have to find a manager who will continue the good work he has done. It will be hard for another manager to replicate this season if they appoint someone with a polar opposite philosophy.

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

He’s taken Leeds forward leaps and bounds, but his time there reminds me of McClaren’s first spell here.

Bielsa’s tactical nous, coaching and man management has got an extra 20% out of an otherwise top half squad of players. Bielsa also hasn’t brought in a lot of personnel, so squad unity is high. But just like McClaren in 2014, the team has ended up not getting the promotion that was probably deserved over the course of the season.

If they can keep Bielsa and 3-4 key players (Phillips, Roofe, Klich and Hernandez), they’ll be a threat again next year and quite possibly favourites for promotion, especially if they can add some depth and variety to the squad.

But if Bielsa leaves, life will go on. But they might end up in a similar situation to us recently - forever a bridesmaid - if they make the wrong appointment.

They have to find a manager who will continue the good work he has done. It will be hard for another manager to replicate this season if they appoint someone with a polar opposite philosophy.

Step up Nigel Pearson. 

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

image.png.9b2f8933d6cfe7be8fc93b8877e87764.png

image.png

9 hours ago, eddie said:

Autism?

I wondered this whilst watching over the course of the season. The PowerPoint stuff, the obsession for detail. Theres traits there. Obviously you can’t say he is just from glimpses on the telly.

but then, autism is a big part of my life and sometimes I wonder if I’m just looking for it everywhere ?

Archived