Tom Lawrence

Derbyram1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You my friend are an absolute top class professional for getting on with the job in hard amidst the grief and indifference you are experiencing. 

Been where you are now and I’m not ashamed to say I didn’t deal with it anywhere near as well as you Tommy lad!!

Cannot express my level of respect for you now, deepest condolences Tom to you and all of yours. 

Now go and make her proud on 27th May ??????????????

This guy is the true hero of us reaching the play offs.  I can’t fathom how he’s got his head together enough to play, let alone pull out those performances.  Tom, you’ve got huge strength mate. 

I lost my mum last year, before every game without fail she used to say "Hope they win" every time I left the house for the BBG or PPS. I now force my missus to say those 3 emortal words every match day when I leave the house, superstition.

Mum's are ace, look after them, you'll miss them when they're gone ? 

8 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I lost my mum last year, before every game without fail she used to say "Hope they win" every time I left the house for the BBG or PPS. I now force my missus to say those 3 emortal words every match day when I leave the house, superstition.

Mum's are ace, look after them, you'll miss them when they're gone ? 

Exactly! Don’t take them for granted cos one day you won’t be able to ! I Feel your pain mate I lost mine to well before her time ! ?

5 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Exactly! Don’t take them for granted cos one day you won’t be able to ! I Feel your pain mate I lost mine to well before her time ! ?

Bless ya buddy. Hard times. X

On a lighter note, I heard you on the radio earlier, great interview mate! ?

Lost my mum way too early. Safe to say I didn't react the way she would have wanted me to. Against that backdrop, watching Tom play through the pain of his loss has been some pretty inspirational stuff and the way the other lads and the coaching team have been there to put an arm round him I found genuinely moving.

As for Tom's performances recently, well he's shown what I always hoped was there. A really gifted player and a potential match winner. For all it's worth, I can't remember the last time I was as proud of a Derby player as I am of this young man right now. That also goes for the rest of the team too who, in recent weeks, seem to have bonded into a seriously tight unit, who fight for each other and the fans who support them. It seems like such a long time since we could say this, but that's OK because we there now and it's been worth the wait. And while I'm as desperate as anyone for us to do the business at Wembley, things like this do rather lend us all a rather deeper sense of perspective. Win, lose or draw, I really hope the team AND the fans can carry this feeling forward. We're a special club when united in the way we seem to be currently. 

So Tom, sincere condolences for your loss. For what it's worth, I'm sure your mum will be looking down and brimming with pride at the way you've handled yourself and rightly so too. 

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Lost my mum way too early. Safe to say I didn't react the way she would have wanted me to. Against that backdrop, watching Tom play through the pain of his loss has been some pretty inspirational stuff and the way the other lads and the coaching team have been there to put an arm round him I found genuinely moving.

As for Tom's performances recently, well he's shown what I always hoped was there. A really gifted player and a potential match winner. For all it's worth, I can't remember the last time I was as proud of a Derby player as I am of this young man right now. That also goes for the rest of the team too who, in recent weeks, seem to have bonded into a seriously tight unit, who fight for each other and the fans who support them. It seems like such a long time since we could say this, but that's OK because we there now and it's been worth the wait. And while I'm as desperate as anyone for us to do the business at Wembley, things like this do rather lend us all a rather deeper sense of perspective. Win, lose or draw, I really hope the team AND the fans can carry this feeling forward. We're a special club when united in the way we seem to be currently. 

So Tom, sincere condolences for your loss. For what it's worth, I'm sure your mum will be looking down and brimming with pride at the way you've handled yourself and rightly so too. 

Couldn't have put it any better. The picture of him and Lampard really got to me the way he's really tucked into his shoulder. 

Like you said, win or lose we've done fantastically well regardless. However,  I would love it if we won (him scoring as well) so that he knows he's done his job as a footballer and there is no extra pain on top of that he's already feeling. The hurt won't be lessened at losing his mum but it can make life a little easier to cope with by such joy at gaining promotion.

Condolences to you as well, there's no right or wrong way to react, she would be proud of you regardless. 

Only just noticed this thread, and realised  what  it meant, sincerest condolences. Always thought

that this is one of those awful moments that rock your life, that feeling of invicibility is gone forever.

I am sure you know that Rams fans everywhere, are supporting and thinking of you at this time.

?

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

Bless ya buddy. Hard times. X

On a lighter note, I heard you on the radio earlier, great interview mate! ?

I missed the interview but hear it on the bbc iPlayer thing, we did about 30 minutes, they cut out everything I said, maybe I was swearing or maybe I am just boring ! ????

3 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

When the teams come out we need to sing his name constantly until kick off. The whole team will know why we are doing it. 

This will have the desired affect for everybody  

Theres only one Tom Lawrence

Whilst I really appreciate the sentiment here, I'm not sure it might not be totally overwhelming for the guy. You can have too much emotion sometimes and you just need to focus something else for a bit.

Archived