Tom Lawrence

Derbyram1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve seen that. I feel like players are expected to be robots and because they’re paid so much, they must always perform. Tom is an example of this, getting slack for certain performances or runs of form, but really you don’t know if there’s an underlying issue regarding a player’s personal life.

But for him to not only be trusted to start in a game like last night, and put in a performance is a great testament to him as a person and a professional.

Really sad to see about his mum passing away, he has all of our support. As for his performance on the pitch, I much preferred him in the role he played yesterday. He was lively all night, that’s the type of performance I’d like to see from him more regularly. Makes more and more sense for us to switch to the diamond more permanently as the only pure winger we have got is Jozefzoon and the other forwards prefer playing more centrally. We used it for a bit when Clement was here before Hughes and Bryson got long term injuries so we had no choice but to change formations because we didn’t have many midfielders.

Just said in the other thread about his anger at the ref. Now disrespecting a ref is never good. But I liked seeing it because it showed the energy inside him. The frustration he had. It wasn't a teenage strop. He was openly defiant. 

I do think the ref had got caught up in the occasion a bit and didn't keep things calm. He got the cards out straight away and he kind of encouraged the game to be so ferocious. I can't remember what Tom pulled him up for but was it the Hernandez play acting? It did feel like over the last few weeks Leeds and their behaviour has gone far enough. They got away with a naughty moment in the first leg and they got Tomori booked with a player fresh back in from a punishment for play acting. I was thinking much what Lawrence said tbh. 

It just made you see the fight they had in them. Not something to do every game but sometimes you do have to stop being nice. 

After losing someone who wouldn't forgive him if he wanted some time off. But he came in, brought energy, played great and now he's going to win the final with a 90th minute beauty. 

Not always been a big fan but I am more than happy for him to shut up any criticism. Last night how could we be prouder. 

Thanks Tom. All the best!! 

Awful news. Poor Tom. What determination to carry on and play with his mum watching from above. I hope that it makes people think twice about relentlessly tearing into players when we don't know what's going on off the pitch. Horrible news. 

Such a tough time for anyone, but for a young lad to lose his mum and still put in a performance like last night was a testament to his strength and determination.  Also lovely to see the team obviously pulling together around him, nice touch by Morris. He did his mum, the team and himself proud. 

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

Really sad to see about his mum passing away, he has all of our support. As for his performance on the pitch, I much preferred him in the role he played yesterday. He was lively all night, that’s the type of performance I’d like to see from him more regularly. Makes more and more sense for us to switch to the diamond more permanently as the only pure winger we have got is Jozefzoon and the other forwards prefer playing more centrally. We used it for a bit when Clement was here before Hughes and Bryson got long term injuries so we had no choice but to change formations because we didn’t have many midfielders.

Well said. 

27 minutes ago, Archied said:

At Wembley we need to make a point of singing this lads name very loudly and wrap him in the Derby family

Brilliant idea!

Archived