Sky delay in UK

FindernRam

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that the signals have to be beamed up to the satellites then back down to earth (hence sky).

What you could do is move the sky box upstairs, hence the signal doesn't have to travel so far. Should cut off a millisecond or 2.

See how helpful I am?

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The problem is that the signals have to be beamed up to the satellites then back down to earth (hence sky).

What you could do is move the sky box upstairs, hence the signal doesn't have to travel so far. Should cut off a millisecond or 2.

See how helpful I am?

Well assuming the signal travels at about 186,000 miles/second, moving the dish 10 yards would save you approx. 0.03 of a microsecond (0.000,000,03 seconds). Should be enough time to get a bet on maybe?

I stand to be corrected if my arithmetic is up the shoot?

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s delayed when streaming just as a matter of technical limitations. They’re encoding the satellite feed and re-uploading it bit by bit and then you’re effectively downloading each segment as you stream it. 

I didn’t notice any delays on Sky (through satellite). 

My mate in Italy and me were both watching via satellite not streaming so you'd think they would have similar encoding issues. I know HD is a bit behind SD but he had time to write a text and get it delivered!

Archived