Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Smyth_18

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I would have thought that grabbing your old man half way through your breakfast in a public place might just mean you don't get to see the match!  Just be discreet!

Thanks for the advice, I'll do what I can!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I shall be stocking up at Waitrose for the train journey up from leafy Hampshire, as I refuse to purchase ludicrously overpriced warm lager on South Western Railway from a woman who looks like @Owd miner's Hildas mother ?

So instead you buy overpriced lager from waitrose? Do they not have an aldi or Asda near you ? (I joke, I know waitrose arent that bad on their alcohol prices) 

1 minute ago, Shorty389 said:

So instead you buy overpriced lager from waitrose? Do they not have an aldi or Asda near you ? (I joke, I know waitrose arent that bad on their alcohol prices) 

Our closest supermarket is an asda and I do like their 4 bottles for £6.

Youngs special, Shepherd Neame, Adnams Broadside, Wychwood......

Nothing too fizzy mind! (But Waitrose does better on odd foreign beers?).

16 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I shall be stocking up at Waitrose for the train journey up from leafy Hampshire, as I refuse to purchase ludicrously overpriced warm lager on South Western Railway from a woman who looks like @Owd miner's Hildas mother ?

Bet the person sat beside you will buy one of those extra pungent cheese and onion sarnies of her .  Probably drag it out as well . Have one straight away and leave it open for an hour till they have the other .   You can tell I've been scarred by this myself.

Having been to the cup final as a practice run, one thing I would advise is leave central London earlier than you’d originally planned. The queues to get into Wembley were huge by 4.15 and only just made it for kick off. It’s half an hour to Wembley Park plus walking and waiting times from Covent Garden. 

Beers in the ground were £5.90 a pint but queues long again. Anyone watching on TV may have noticed that when the second half kicked off, the ground was half empty. This was due to the longest toilet queues I’ve ever witnessed and hundreds of people still waiting to be served for refreshments. 

Does anyone know if there is anything going on around Wembley any bars etc. I’m taking my Dad who was determined to go after a knee operation but his mobility isn’t too great. I am planning to get there early so we can take our time so would like something to do.

20 hours ago, Saity said:

I finish 12 hour night shift at 6 on Monday morning ...then home for shower then on train to St Pancras ...be at Barrel Vault for 10 for weatherspoons large breakfast and a couple of pints before heading off to Wembley....be good to meet any forum members for a pint ...don’t know how we’d recognise each other though lol....????

Cut out a pic of your Avatar, apply some stickyback plastic to it Blue Peter stylie and stick it somewhere obvious. Hey presto!  

30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Does anyone know if there is anything going on around Wembley any bars etc. I’m taking my Dad who was determined to go after a knee operation but his mobility isn’t too great. I am planning to get there early so we can take our time so would like something to do.

As part of our bar allocation we've got the Arena Square Fan Zone which has bars, food stalls and plenty of seating. It's pretty close to the ground too so won't require too much walking. Might be a good place to set up and soak up the atmosphere.

17 minutes ago, MK said:

As part of our bar allocation we've got the Arena Square Fan Zone which has bars, food stalls and plenty of seating. It's pretty close to the ground too so won't require too much walking. Might be a good place to set up and soak up the atmosphere.

Sound like just what I’m looking for.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Him and me both!  But I've not had my anticipated 3rd op yet.....?

21 hours ago, Saity said:

I finish 12 hour night shift at 6 on Monday morning ...then home for shower then on train to St Pancras ...be at Barrel Vault for 10 for weatherspoons large breakfast and a couple of pints before heading off to Wembley....be good to meet any forum members for a pint ...don’t know how we’d recognise each other though lol....????

I  am hoping to get there (St Pancras) for 11.00 ish, if you're still there.  I'll just walk round everyone in there asking "Are you on DCFCFans Forum?" Lol?

Archived