Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Smyth_18

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Most coach companies won't let you drink because football fans are all drunken thugs.

"The act creates a number of offences in connection with alcohol being transported to and from football matches. Anyone who has alcohol in their possession whilst travelling on a coach or train that is principally being used to take people to or from a match is guilty of an offence. There are provisions relating to the operators and also those who hire vehicles. It is also an offence to be drunk on such a vehicle whether or not the person is in possession of alcohol.

These provisions also apply to minibuses in certain circumstances."

Well aren't they boring. They will loose so many customers that way. Pathetic 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Well aren't they boring. They will loose so many customers that way. Pathetic 

Unfortunately it's the law and coach companies can be hit with heavy fines if caught allowing it. Blame the prats that make the laws.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Unfortunately it's the law and coach companies can be hit with heavy fines if caught allowing it. Blame the prats that make the laws.

I've always wondered, do rail replacement buses have the same rules?

It's a replacement for a train, which you can drink on.

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Most coach companies won't let you drink because football fans are all drunken thugs.

"The act creates a number of offences in connection with alcohol being transported to and from football matches. Anyone who has alcohol in their possession whilst travelling on a coach or train that is principally being used to take people to or from a match is guilty of an offence. There are provisions relating to the operators and also those who hire vehicles. It is also an offence to be drunk on such a vehicle whether or not the person is in possession of alcohol.

These provisions also apply to minibuses in certain circumstances."

That’s why vodka was invented. 

Staying very close to Wembley on Sunday so will probably stick to the designated pubs near the ground. Covent Garden is a bit of a hike from the stadium. 

Last time we went to the Green Man, which was superb, but I see we're the other side this year, so that'll be full of insufferable peaky blinkers with their stupid accents and their stupid hats.

At the QPR game there was a bar / clubhouse literally down the steps from our end in wembley way ...it had loads of 5 a side pitches and was for Derby Fans only in big letters on the door and no big queues. it was remarkably not busy and i couldn't beleive it and a lot of the kids were playing footy on the 5 a side pitches don't know if any forum members went in there but was a major bonus being right outside wembley.......Thats Villa's end this time around so no doubt will be for Villa fans only which is a pity.....don't know if there are any bars near our end ?

On 17/05/2019 at 14:32, Simsy said:

I Remember we took over Leicester Square for WBA Wembley Final.     We doing the same for this Covent Garden then?

To mention Leicester and Wembley in the same sentence...... please no, that brings  back some very very bad memories 

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Dunno if they do dark fruits down south ??

You're not wrong! Whenever I've gone to a London away game I've had to get expensive apple cider that I've never heard of before. As I said in the Pub section the other day though, I find lager slightly less crap these days so might favour that. Cider might be a little too sweet for a day in which I'll be feeling sick with nerves.

On 16/05/2019 at 17:24, TomBustler1884 said:

Surely its Covent Garden, the two pubs right outside the tube station? Always good fun playing up to the tourists.

Yep! We had a great time there prior to Fulham away. Somebody bought a big inflatable football ️ and we played Rowettball between the 2 pubs. @Boycie was ref. 

From previous experience, the pubs allocated East side aren't as good as the pubs allocated to the West side. Reading through this thread, it seems like Covent Garden is the place to be on Monday. Are people heading to any pubs in particular around CG? 

1 hour ago, CambridgeRam said:

From previous experience, the pubs allocated East side aren't as good as the pubs allocated to the West side. Reading through this thread, it seems like Covent Garden is the place to be on Monday. Are people heading to any pubs in particular around CG? 

If it's the usual, just come out of the tube station and you will find us!!

Archived