Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Smyth_18

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, eddie said:

Basically it's a Belgian beer cafe. Similar to the Belgo I go to in Nottingham. Food would include Moules, Stoofvlees and the like. There's never a problem if you just want to have a beer or three. They're usually quite pricey, but the beers are exceptional.

Have you tried the Dovetail in Jerusalem Passage in Farringdon?  Loads of Belgian beers and food 

13 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Have you tried the Dovetail in Jerusalem Passage in Farringdon?  Loads of Belgian beers and food 

No, but the next time I'm in that area I shall give it a try. I used to frequent the Fox and Anchor once a month for breakfast. Bloody hell, that was 30 years ago when I worked at the Stock Exchange.

I've just had a look at their beer menu - very nice selection - more different beers than I've got at home, which is quite a rarity (many pubs advertise a 'huge selection' of Belgian beers - but seldom have more than 30 or 40).

From their list, I would certainly recommend the following 'less common' beers (ignoring stuff like Straffe Hendrik Quad which, although fantastic, is becoming more widely available):

• Scaldis Bush Ambree (I'm assuming it's that one - the abv looks about right, but if it's the Blond or the Bush de Noel, they are equally lovely))
  • Troubadour Magma (almost like an American IPA but with those lovely Belgian fruity caramel-like notes)
  • Duchesse de Bourgogne (my all-time favourite Flanders Red)
  • St Feuillien Saison (in my opinion, it kicks Saison Dupont's ass)
  • Ellezelloise Hercule Stout (utterly fantastic stout)

Is this the thread to enquire about a nice tea rooms or similar, perhaps with nice sunny outdoor seating?  Within 40mins or so walk to the stadium would be good.  On site all day parking would be great.

Y'know, perhaps a toasted tea cake pre-match, and maybe a cream tea/scone or cake afterwards?  Decent coffee for me, and preferably decaf tea for her (If she gets a ticket/comes with me!)

Licensed would be good, so I can sip on half a cider before driving home.

well... is it?  :-)

2 hours ago, angieram said:

You could just ignore them! ?

Please please please don’t think I ignored you at Brighton away! I genuinely didn’t see you and I would have 100% have spoken to you if I saw you. I’ve plucked up the courage to speak to the likes of @Mafiabob and @B4ev6is in recent months so I’m sure I could speak to my forum mum!

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Please please please don’t think I ignored you at Brighton away! I genuinely didn’t see you and I would have 100% have spoken to you if I saw you. I’ve plucked up the courage to speak to the likes of @Mafiabob and @B4ev6is in recent months so I’m sure I could speak to my forum mum!

You’re lucky you get chance nowadays to speak to the likes of me

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is this the thread to enquire about a nice tea rooms or similar, perhaps with nice sunny outdoor seating?  Within 40mins or so walk to the stadium would be good.  On site all day parking would be great.

Y'know, perhaps a toasted tea cake pre-match, and maybe a cream tea/scone or cake afterwards?  Decent coffee for me, and preferably decaf tea for her (If she gets a ticket/comes with me!)

Licensed would be good, so I can sip on half a cider before driving home.

well... is it?  ?

If you wish, of course. After all, BR7 rabbits on about fresh fruit in beer threads

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Is it wrong to tease your kids? 

Asking for a friend.

Was going to meet up with some of you fine people but you're spread out innit? 

I'm with the missus and father in law. Missus wont do the tube so looks like a decent place on our side of Wembley for me. 

Excited already and football is a pathetic game. It really is

36 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Our bus departs at 6.30am big question is to start drinking then or not ?? 

Most coach companies won't let you drink because football fans are all drunken thugs.

"The act creates a number of offences in connection with alcohol being transported to and from football matches. Anyone who has alcohol in their possession whilst travelling on a coach or train that is principally being used to take people to or from a match is guilty of an offence. There are provisions relating to the operators and also those who hire vehicles. It is also an offence to be drunk on such a vehicle whether or not the person is in possession of alcohol.

These provisions also apply to minibuses in certain circumstances."

Archived