Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Smyth_18

Just now, Smyth_18 said:

Really. And i won't get charged a poo ton for each transaction? 

How much would we be talking for the day with a contactless card? From St Pancras - Covent Garden - Wembley - St Pancras 

about £7-8, something like that.

And yes, just use your contactless card or apple pay.

To get there... Get the Piccadilly line to Covent Garden (will be going towards Heathrow). Get back on the same line, in the same direction, and get off a Green Park and get on the Jubilee line to Stanmore and get off at Wembley Park.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Srg said:

about £7-8, something like that.

And yes, just use your contactless card or apple pay.

To get there... Get the Piccadilly line to Covent Garden (will be going towards Heathrow). Get back on the same line, in the same direction, and get off a Green Park and get on the Jubilee line to Stanmore and get off at Wembley Park.

Don't mix and match your contactless and phone though, use just one form for the whole day. I'm sure I saw that the payment system didn't recognise the link, but I may be wrong.

Double 6 Sports Bar is one of ours this year as it's allocated to fans on the East side of the stadium.

It's 5 minutes from Wembley Stadium and is an absolute football haven. Has hundreds of signed 90s and 00s football shirts on the wall from every club in the country, few big screens and they have a huge outdoor area and put on a BBQ and outdoor bar. 

It looks rough as anything from the outside, but it's absolutely fantastic inside. Also, there's a McDonald's across the street.

Highly recommended. 

Just make sure you DO tap-in AND tap-out at EVERY station with your contactless bank card, otherwise you risk being charged the maximum fare for the day. It's not a deal breaker, but the Tube is dead cheap for the service you get if you use it right.

If you want some exercise to justify drinking loads of ale, make sure you take the stairs to exit at Covent Garden Tube!

Be warned, it can get crazy busy at Covent Garden tube station (due to the stairs and queues for the lifts), TFL even tell you to use Leicester Square station instead and walk to CG as it's only a short 200m walk.

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Are we nominating a dcfc fans pre match boozer and having a right good gob off at each other , settle some opinions and all that lol

messing aside would be ace if one particular bar were full of us lot from the site 

My brother isn't a member and is coming with me. Would i have to wait until general sale to get him in with me?

16 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

My brother isn't a member and is coming with me. Would i have to wait until general sale to get him in with me?

To the pub or the game lol

pub, I’ll have a word see if I can pull a few strings lol

game yes general sale buddy as far as I know 

we’re trying to do this too, I have two brothers and only 2 season tickets.

weve bagged the two we’re entitled to, but need to do whatever we can for that third ticket to make the dream happen and do our dad proud 

COYRs

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

To the pub or the game lol

pub, I’ll have a word see if I can pull a few strings lol

game yes general sale buddy as far as I know 

we’re trying to do this too, I have two brothers and only 2 season tickets.

weve bagged the two we’re entitled to, but need to do whatever we can for that third ticket to make the dream happen and do our dad proud 

COYRs

I did mean the pub ?

3 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Really. And i won't get charged a poo ton for each transaction? 

How much would we be talking for the day with a contactless card? From St Pancras - Covent Garden - Wembley - St Pancras 

About £8 max

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

You don't need to go as far as Brum and mix with the Villa. Just change at Tamworth (although there are a few Villa fans around these parts as well).

Can’t make my mind up about that.

Suppose most Villa fans will use Brum or go down the Chiltern line but Tamworth is pretty cheap and handy. About hour and half on Virgin trains to Euston.

Might join you.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Can’t make my mind up about that.

Suppose most Villa fans will use Brum or go down the Chiltern line but Tamworth is pretty cheap and handy. About hour and half on Virgin trains to Euston.

Might join you.

Trains into Euston on Monday 27th are a friggin nightmare due to engineering works. I'm having to use a rail replacement bus from Lime St. to Crewe. So instead of a 2h 10m direct train, its almost 4 hours. I want to cry for losing 2 hours of valuable supping time!

Archived