Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Smyth_18

Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Recommended Posts

On 21/05/2019 at 19:00, angieram said:

I love that there is someone here @BurtonRam7 for whom promotion would be the greatest day of your life so far. 

What other glorious occasions in life you still have ahead of you! 

I've been married 20+ years, and will be taking my 20yr old to Wembley with me.

It would be the greatest day of my life too, just pipping beating Leeds a few days back into 2nd place.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've been married 20+ years, and will be taking my 20yr old to Wembley with me.

It would be the greatest day of my life too, just pipping beating Leeds a few days back into 2nd place.

Wow! Don't let your wife (or your 20 year old) read this! COYR 🐏

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like Covent Garden for Sunday PM/evening and Monday brekky.  That's me, Muckerette, son No 2 and partner.

Monday after brekky, over towards the stadium earlier than many (?) as we have to arrange a meet up with son No1 + partner, who are driving down on the day, plus the need to attend the ticket office in good time.  Think we'll aim to meet up at The Double 6 bar, then amble towards the stadium/Fan Park/Ticket Office until 2pm ish.

I really fancy being in my seat for 2:15, as I've only heard the "We are Derby" Poem blared out once (WBA Home), and as it gave me goosebumps, I quite fancy another listen!
If I'm not feeling it before then, I certainly will be immediately afterwards!

The sooner tomorrow comes, and the sooner we are on that train, the better!

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Will there be any Villa fans at the 2 pubs in Covent Garden? 

Oh yes 

When we played QPR we never saw any of there fans till we got to Wembley but they are a London club .Most Villa will be coming in to Euston from New street I think ?

Share this post


Link to post

I have a Travel lodge in Brent Cross booked (for Monday night) and going to Uber it over from there.

Any doing similar? Expect i’ll be hitting bars in Wembley at about 12.00 and curry later in Brent Cross. Any Brent Cross drinkers?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, harwich ram said:

looking like Liverpool  street for me 

Same here. Travelling down from Stowmarket Suffolk. Leaving @ 10am which gets us to Liverpool st @ midday. Think it's 30-40 mins to Wembley on tube. Cutting a bit fine so fingers crossed all goes to plan. Not sure wether to wear colours for the trip. COYR.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Sir Stimac said:

Is anyone going to the fan park next to the ground? There is a designated dcfc park and one for villa near Wembley way - looking at the maps there loads of eateries etc next to it. should be good. 

Seems next to no detail on these that I can find. If anyone has a link can they post it? On the official site it simply lists the Rams Wembley pubs and says there's a fan park in Arena Square. What's in Arena Square would be helpful. I'll probably head there anyway as the pubs look a bit grim. But that said, all of Wembley's grim except the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Seems next to no detail on these that I can find. If anyone has a link can they post it? On the official site it simply lists the Rams Wembley pubs and says there's a fan park in Arena Square. What's in Arena Square would be helpful. I'll probably head there anyway as the pubs look a bit grim. But that said, all of Wembley's grim except the stadium.

Hi Carl, I'm just going on this pic showing the locations, hopefully this I'll be useful to our fans:

D7QC694XsAEuX29.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

That was something I'd got off tinterweb, fingers crossed it's accurate as me and my friends are going to the east fan park 😎

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Franks Tanked said:

Same here. Travelling down from Stowmarket Suffolk. Leaving @ 10am which gets us to Liverpool st @ midday. Think it's 30-40 mins to Wembley on tube. Cutting a bit fine so fingers crossed all goes to plan. Not sure wether to wear colours for the trip. COYR.

Could be on  the same train 10 33 from  harwich via manningtree  to Liverpool  street  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sir Stimac said:

Hi Carl, I'm just going on this pic showing the locations, hopefully this I'll be useful to our fans:

D7QC694XsAEuX29.jpeg

Hate it when they do that!  

Wembley Park Underground is North of the Stadium. Wembley Stadium Station is SW.  That whole Fan Zone is NW.

Just turn the whole pic upside down, why don't they!  Grr!

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Sir Stimac said:

Hi Carl, I'm just going on this pic showing the locations, hopefully this I'll be useful to our fans:

D7QC694XsAEuX29.jpeg

East seats, West seats fan Park. I get that. What's box park fan park all about? A punch up? 

For qpr game, there was a temporary bar set up right in front of the Premier Inn near the bottom of the stairs that go to the station. It was all qpr. I had to fight my through them all, thankfully not literally, to get to the reception to check in and dump the bags. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, harwich ram said:

Could be on  the same train 10 33 from  harwich via manningtree  to Liverpool  street  

Yes mate, I think you're right. Look out for us ugly buggers. Feels quite warm still today so Not sure wether to wear shorts tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Sir Stimac said:

Hi Carl, I'm just going on this pic showing the locations, hopefully this I'll be useful to our fans:

D7QC694XsAEuX29.jpeg

Cheers Sir. 

Had seen that and was hoping for more detail, but it doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Wanted to pick a good spot for a rendezvous but we're likely going to have to hope there's phone signal. If there isn't, at least I'm the one with the tickets! 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.