Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Smyth_18

7 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Owd miners drinking hole today....

20190521_181733.jpg

47 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Thats not a foot, thats a flipper?

Definitely not a knee.

Whoops, sorry thought I was on another thread.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kernow said:

I’d recommend downloading Citymapper on your phone, even just for the day. It’ll be really useful in case you do get lost or change your plans.

great piece of advice, one of the most useful apps

The list of Derby pubs near Wembley Stadium DCFC Rams Police has put out is as below. They are mostly near to Wembley Park tube station.

The Torch 1 - 5 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB

Crock of Gold 23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB

Blue Check Café 12 - 13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ

Crystal Club (Sports Bar and Complex) South Way, Wembley, HA9 0HB

The Parish 120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP

Sports Bar Double 6 125 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG

The Wembley Tavern 121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG

36 minutes ago, ashram said:

The best way to do it is drink around Marylebone. Loads of boozers. Then train to Wembley takes 10 minutes and 11 quid return

That seems very steep. Do it on contactless and it'll be around half that.

15 hours ago, Kernow said:

Quickest is:

Covent Garden to Green Park (Piccadilly)

Green Park to Finchley Road (Jubilee)

Finchley Road to Wembley Park (Met)

You could just stay on the Jubilee line from Green Park if you aren’t pressed for time, that has more stops so takes longer, but it does stop at Wembley Park too.

I’d recommend downloading Citymapper on your phone, even just for the day. It’ll be really useful in case you do get lost or change your plans.

Brilliant.  Thank You.  Looks easy enough, even for me!  

1 hour ago, ashram said:

The best way to do it is drink around Marylebone. Loads of boozers. Then train to Wembley takes 10 minutes and 11 quid return

23 minutes ago, MK said:

On that CityMapper app thingy, it's showing £2.80.  (One way).  Lines and stops as per Kernow's post above.  That looks a slightly longer journey than starting at Marylebone, so yes, £11 return from there does look steep.

7 minutes ago, MK said:

Daily cap (zone 1 to 4) is £10.10 for both contactless and Oyster.

Assuming a typical journey of train station to covent garden, to the stadium, then back to the train station, the total tube cost will be about £8.

Four or more journeys means that you'll be capped at £10.10 (unless you go to a zone further out)

On 21/05/2019 at 12:46, BurtonRam7 said:

Sorted now.

Getting the train from Manchester to Burton on Saturday afternoon. A bit of revision over the weekend and a rewatch of the 2006/07 Play-Off DVD and 2014 final (for the first time) on Sunday night. On Monday morning, I'll head down to the Wiggy, which is the pub that we usually go to home and away games from at about 7am for a couple, talking about the match with the regulars (the group of about 15 that I travel across the country with). I'm not going from the pub this time as they're running coaches (part-timers?) instead of a minibus, and no minibus = no Dark Fruits. I'll then get either the 07:54 or 08:56 from Lichfield Trent Valley to Euston (only £18.80 with a railcard), consuming a few Dark Fruits and listening to my Wembley playlist along the way.

Once in London, I'll head to Covent Garden to meet with @Topram, his mates and my brother. After a few there (might even stray into beer), me and my brother will meet with our mum and sister for lunch, before leaving our sister and heading to Wembley. There, I hope to meet up for a pint with the usuals from the Wiggy. These are the people I've experienced it all with over the last few years and I'd hate not to see them on such a huge day.

All being well, we'll win the game and this day will become the best of my life. 

If the above happens, I'll probably cry with joy and seek out the Wiggy lot to share such a special moment with them. Then I'll pick up some cans and get the return train, listening to my promotion playlist. I'll head to the Wiggy, where the Geordie barman (who has developed a soft spot for the Rams) will most likely provide shots galore. I'll celebrate with those who deserve it so much in what will be the greatest night of my life. I might head into Derby town centre for a night out if any of the younger lads fancy it. 

Here's to what I hope will be the best day of my life.

You based in Manchester mate? Will have to meet up for a game next year regardless of division..

47 minutes ago, TreeFuTom said:

Where is everyone meeting in covent garden and what time? Want to be in covent garden and travel to wembley with all you lovely lot.

I'm hoping to be there around 10.30. Nags head or the white lion, they are opposite each other

If anyone heading to Wembley on tube from central London is after a slightly more sedate pint, it's worth hoping off the tube at St John's Wood and within 2-3 minutes walk you will find the Ordnance Arms, on Ordnance Hill. It's a Sam Smith's pub and the food is alright too. Despite its location they have never had issues with wearing your colour's. We have a family trip to the challenge cup each year, so use it then, and Spurs fan in law used it when they located at Wembley. Nice quiet spot, outdoor seating and back on the tube it's only 15 minutes to Wembley.

Have a good 'un.

3 hours ago, MK said:

True and it is definitely the easiest way to get up to Wembley. Although a lot of Birmingham trains come into Marylebone, so thinking about it it may not be the most user friendly for us!

4 hours ago, thederbyram said:

You based in Manchester mate? Will have to meet up for a game next year regardless of division..

If we lose on Monday say you’re busy when we go to Hillsborough. Just trust me.

4 hours ago, CamsChorizo said:

What time are people starting on Monday? Anyone in Club Wembley? Three hours before match time to eat in drink is pretty hard to pass up! 

Don’t forget to factor in any internal London travel time, long walk from Wembley Park tube, queuing to get through turnstile, for toilet and beer,  bag searches etc. Three hours will soon be eaten up 

I’ve booked to park in someone’s drive just north of Wembley Park tube. Looks like we have to walk pat The Torch on Bridge Rd which is a Derby pub so will stop off there. Then probably to the Arena Square fan zone.

Archived