Play Off Final | Where are we drinking then?

Smyth_18

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, reveldevil said:

If you go into the toilets and there's a hat on the door handle, you've found @BurtonRam7.

Wish I had never mentioned this now, never going to live it down. At least I’ve recounted my lowest ever moment, so the only way I can go is up. Unless I get extremely excited after a Wembley victory of course.

21 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Absolutely gutted that they got BoxPark, was on my list of "Bilbo's cool places to drink".

Last time we got in and got a tube to London Bridge and drank round there before getting the jubilee line up to Wembley. No issues with crowds, and the tube was pleasant enough.

Going to do similar this year, but drink in Camden before heading to Euston Square for the Met Line.

Bilbo's top tip: If you fancy drinking outside Wembley on the banks, make sure you pick up your beer before you get near the Ground. All the shops in a radius will only serve 2 cans per person, they massively bump up the price and the queues are redic.

Think you might be getting confused pal. There's a boxpark next to Wembley, imagine you're thinking of the one in central London.

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

Does anyone know if there is anything going on around Wembley any bars etc. I’m taking my Dad who was determined to go after a knee operation but his mobility isn’t too great. I am planning to get there early so we can take our time so would like something to do.

Penalty shoot out?

2 hours ago, RedSox said:

I  am hoping to get there (St Pancras) for 11.00 ish, if you're still there.  I'll just walk round everyone in there asking "Are you on DCFCFans Forum?" Lol?

I’ll still be there mate plan is to have a breakfast and few pints then leave about 12ish ...will put a notice on here ...any forum members go to certain point for a roll call lol ...seriously though it’s full of fans from everywhere especially on a Saturday and fan friendly and I think will be very busy but a great starting point ..if I meet you I’ll get you a pint ???

Sorted now.

Getting the train from Manchester to Burton on Saturday afternoon. A bit of revision over the weekend and a rewatch of the 2006/07 Play-Off DVD and 2014 final (for the first time) on Sunday night. On Monday morning, I'll head down to the Wiggy, which is the pub that we usually go to home and away games from at about 7am for a couple, talking about the match with the regulars (the group of about 15 that I travel across the country with). I'm not going from the pub this time as they're running coaches (part-timers?) instead of a minibus, and no minibus = no Dark Fruits. I'll then get either the 07:54 or 08:56 from Lichfield Trent Valley to Euston (only £18.80 with a railcard), consuming a few Dark Fruits and listening to my Wembley playlist along the way.

Once in London, I'll head to Covent Garden to meet with @Topram, his mates and my brother. After a few there (might even stray into beer), me and my brother will meet with our mum and sister for lunch, before leaving our sister and heading to Wembley. There, I hope to meet up for a pint with the usuals from the Wiggy. These are the people I've experienced it all with over the last few years and I'd hate not to see them on such a huge day.

All being well, we'll win the game and this day will become the best of my life. 

If the above happens, I'll probably cry with joy and seek out the Wiggy lot to share such a special moment with them. Then I'll pick up some cans and get the return train, listening to my promotion playlist. I'll head to the Wiggy, where the Geordie barman (who has developed a soft spot for the Rams) will most likely provide shots galore. I'll celebrate with those who deserve it so much in what will be the greatest night of my life. I might head into Derby town centre for a night out if any of the younger lads fancy it. 

Here's to what I hope will be the best day of my life.

7 hours ago, RedSox said:

I  am hoping to get there (St Pancras) for 11.00 ish, if you're still there.  I'll just walk round everyone in there asking "Are you on DCFCFans Forum?" Lol?

If they say no ask them why not, if they say they have been banned, slowly walk away and move on to the next bar.

5 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Sorted now.

Getting the train from Manchester to Burton on Saturday afternoon. A bit of revision over the weekend and a rewatch of the 2006/07 Play-Off DVD and 2014 final (for the first time) on Sunday night. On Monday morning, I'll head down to the Wiggy, which is the pub that we usually go to home and away games from at about 7am for a couple, talking about the match with the regulars (the group of about 15 that I travel across the country with). I'm not going from the pub this time as they're running coaches (part-timers?) instead of a minibus, and no minibus = no Dark Fruits. I'll then get either the 07:54 or 08:56 from Lichfield Trent Valley to Euston (only £18.80 with a railcard), consuming a few Dark Fruits and listening to my Wembley playlist along the way.

Once in London, I'll head to Covent Garden to meet with @Topram, his mates and my brother. After a few there (might even stray into beer), me and my brother will meet with our mum and sister for lunch, before leaving our sister and heading to Wembley. There, I hope to meet up for a pint with the usuals from the Wiggy. These are the people I've experienced it all with over the last few years and I'd hate not to see them on such a huge day.

All being well, we'll win the game and this day will become the best of my life. 

If the above happens, I'll probably cry with joy and seek out the Wiggy lot to share such a special moment with them. Then I'll pick up some cans and get the return train, listening to my promotion playlist. I'll head to the Wiggy, where the Geordie barman (who has developed a soft spot for the Rams) will most likely provide shots galore. I'll celebrate with those who deserve it so much in what will be the greatest night of my life. I might head into Derby town centre for a night out if any of the younger lads fancy it. 

Here's to what I hope will be the best day of my life.

See you soon bud 

1 hour ago, David said:
  9 hours ago, RedSox said:

Me too

1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

Could someone advise me on the tube travel from Wembley to Covent Garden and back? 

Never done the tube before and not sure which train and line to take ? 

Ta 

Quickest is:

Covent Garden to Green Park (Piccadilly)

Green Park to Finchley Road (Jubilee)

Finchley Road to Wembley Park (Met)

You could just stay on the Jubilee line from Green Park if you aren’t pressed for time, that has more stops so takes longer, but it does stop at Wembley Park too.

I’d recommend downloading Citymapper on your phone, even just for the day. It’ll be really useful in case you do get lost or change your plans.

Just now, Kernow said:

Quickest is:

Covent Garden to Green Park (Piccadilly)

Green Park to Finchley Road (Jubilee)

Finchley Road to Wembley Park (Met)

You could just stay on the Jubilee line from Green Park if you aren’t pressed for time, that has more stops so takes longer, but it does stop at Wembley Park too.

I’d recommend downloading Citymapper on your phone, even just for the day. It’ll be really useful in case you do get lost or change your plans.

Thanks mate, appreciate that 

Archived