Thank you Mel

Day

1 hour ago, David said:

Jayden Bogle, Mason Bennett, Jason Knight. 

3 players from the academy in the squad last night that were celebrating in the dressing room in one of the biggest games in English football last night.

Mel Morris for as long as I have spoken with him has had this vision, players coming through the academy to the first team and has invested huge amounts into the club to achieve this.

I hope you enjoyed last night Mel, you’ve been doubted, questioned, not trusted and put your trust in managers that have failed to buy into ‘The Derby Way’. Take that team sheet and frame it, place it above the bed if Mrs Morris will allow it.

That pathway which was once littered with obstacles is now completely clear.

Last summer you took a big gamble on Frank, whilst others continued to employ the old dinosaurs that plague the game.

Your gamble has paid off as we now have an absolute legend of the game in charge of our club that shares your vision, and it’s about time! You got your man, Lampard’s at the wheel and it feels so good.

With the U18s National Champions, call ups for England, the first team now at Wembley one game from promotion it’s been an incredible season so I just want to say thank you. 

If we look across the country this morning, some fans don’t even know where they are playing next season, others if they will even start the season. To be where we are, as a club, is largely down to you.

Whatever happens on Bank Holiday Monday, this has been another memorable season under your tenure that will live long in the memory. Thank you Mel.

Well said mate, would like Mr Morris know that he  has appreciation from fans all round the globe. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, David said:

Jayden Bogle, Mason Bennett, Jason Knight. 

3 players from the academy in the squad last night that were celebrating in the dressing room in one of the biggest games in English football last night.

Mel Morris for as long as I have spoken with him has had this vision, players coming through the academy to the first team and has invested huge amounts into the club to achieve this.

I hope you enjoyed last night Mel, you’ve been doubted, questioned, not trusted and put your trust in managers that have failed to buy into ‘The Derby Way’. Take that team sheet and frame it, place it above the bed if Mrs Morris will allow it.

That pathway which was once littered with obstacles is now completely clear.

Last summer you took a big gamble on Frank, whilst others continued to employ the old dinosaurs that plague the game.

Your gamble has paid off as we now have an absolute legend of the game in charge of our club that shares your vision, and it’s about time! You got your man, Lampard’s at the wheel and it feels so good.

With the U18s National Champions, call ups for England, the first team now at Wembley one game from promotion it’s been an incredible season so I just want to say thank you. 

If we look across the country this morning, some fans don’t even know where they are playing next season, others if they will even start the season. To be where we are, as a club, is largely down to you.

Whatever happens on Bank Holiday Monday, this has been another memorable season under your tenure that will live long in the memory. Thank you Mel.

Hear! Hear! ?

Archived