Last Night

David

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t say I did a lot today. Rubbed a couple of Forest fans noses in it. Had a Staggs fan tell me we’d struggle against Villa. Then phone a few more Forest fans up. Had a bit of dinner. Checked on here most of the day went home. I’ve got shed loads to do tomorrow.

By the time I'd watched the post match show on Sky, the highlights, the Sky News feed loop through a couple of times, soaked up all the vibe on here, enjoyed the scenes on LTLF and some piss-poor leeds websites it was well gone 2AM. Pretty wobbly on my pins when I went up to bed. Up for work at 6.

Smashed it. By which I mean sat at my desk farting and came home at lunchtime.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I was still pissed this morning, bounced into work in Nottingham (via Uber) with Oasis and Doris Day as earworms, then produced the most amazing work throughout the morning, if I do say so myself.

Started feeling a little less lively approaching lunch, and decided an all day breakfast tray from the local cafe would sort me out.

Big mistake, my body obviously wasn't prepared for solids after 24hrs of liquid only intake, and it went through me like an Irish centre half goes through the Leeds midfield.

Only just managed to hold it together until the end of lunch break, after all I'm not going to the toilet without being paid for it, battled through another hour then clocked out and went home to bed!

I don't think my Forest supporting boss was too impressed, but seeing as he'd sent me a message last night at 10pm telling me not to drink too much because I had a big job on next morning, I think I showed remarkable professionalism in the circumstances.

Well done, hope you smashed it. Youth is wasted on the young.

You weren't the only Rams fan hungover and feeling pissed this morning. But It made me feel better, knowing that there'll be a lot of Dirty fans, who woke up this morning feeling extremely pissed off and that feeling will last for a very long time.

15 hours ago, David said:

If I sound like I’m enjoying this a little too much that’s because I am and last night will live with me for a very long time.

My views on Spygate have been well documented, now I know a few of you saw and possibly still see it as a none issue, not me, nor others outside of this forum.

Visiting a number of forums last night, soaking up the reaction from across the country, bar Forest they were all right behind us and absolutely loving how Leeds have fallen apart again. How can one club be despised so much across the country? By being Leeds United.

We would have all heard as kids at some point “cheats never prosper”, last night proved they don’t, last night wasn’t just a win for Derby, it was a win for football, and the football world loved what they saw.

I said it would be a travesty had they gone up and I stand by it, last night Derby gave Leeds the punishment they deserved, not a poxy fine because the EFL bottled it. 

I hope Bielsa, the players, the online fans, the journalists connected to the club are hurting this morning, I truly mean that, I would have been embarrassed by this season if I was a fan, embarrassed by my manager, embarrassed by my players and embarrassed by my fellow fans.

Leeds United, Patrick Bamford, you got what you deserved last night.

As far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest ducking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.

Absolutely.

I seem to recall there were certain (no longer here) forum members that at the time were actively defending Bielsa and criticizing Frank Lampard over Spygate.  In my mind at least it is no coincidence that Leeds form started to drop off shortly after they stopped learning the oppositions line up in advance giving them time to come up with plans to counter.  The FA bottled it at the time but at least rules are in place to prevent it going forwards.

As a Rams fan of 40 years disappointment has become a close personal friend and despite feeling strangely confident all day yesterday was kinda prepared for 'its the hope that kills you' feeling once again - especially after Leeds took a 2-0 aggregate lead, but we got back into it before half time and the rest is history. 

I have seen some great Derby matches during my time but last night was up there with the best of them, not only because of the importance of the match but because of who it was against and what they did during the season.  Whether we end up getting promoted or not this season, I'm glad we took Leeds last chance from them.

COYR

Still can’t quite believe it. Being in my mid twenties Derby have only let me down when it matters most. Not last night though. Best win of my lifetime. Lose or win at Wembley with that same spirit and desire and I’ll only love these rams more. COYR ???

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

Absolutely.

I seem to recall there were certain (no longer here) forum members that at the time were actively defending Bielsa and criticizing Frank Lampard over Spygate.  In my mind at least it is no coincidence that Leeds form started to drop off shortly after they stopped learning the oppositions line up in advance giving them time to come up with plans to counter.  The FA bottled it at the time but at least rules are in place to prevent it going forwards.

As a Rams fan of 40 years disappointment has become a close personal friend and despite feeling strangely confident all day yesterday was kinda prepared for 'its the hope that kills you' feeling once again - especially after Leeds took a 2-0 aggregate lead, but we got back into it before half time and the rest is history. 

I have seen some great Derby matches during my time but last night was up there with the best of them, not only because of the importance of the match but because of who it was against and what they did during the season.  Whether we end up getting promoted or not this season, I'm glad we took Leeds last chance from them.

COYR

It was a great match on its own merit. But the context from spygate, to it just being Derby / Leeds and all the history that comes with even without spygate, then the song for frank, and just everything else around it. You couldn’t write it any better. Marvel need to hire whoever writes the script for the EFL. 

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

I seem to recall there were certain (no longer here) forum members that at the time were actively defending Bielsa and criticizing Frank Lampard over Spygate. 

Yeah, and I’m not looking to call anyone out over a clash of opinions but a few dismissed it as nothing at the time as well.

You have comments like it wasn’t illegal but the same people will then question the morality behind selling our stadium. Something which many clubs have openly done. I just can’t wrap my head around that, any of it.

Anyway, you only have to see and listen to Frank at full time to realise this wasn’t nothing. I honestly think the whole thing and with the stop crying Frank Lampard songs gave our lads that extra motivation to literally Ram it down their throats at Elland Road. 

Whilst the whole affair still doesn’t sit right with me, it added the spice which made Wednesday night one of, if not the greatest nights I’ve experienced supporting this club. I was still fist pumping with a little moisture in my eyes watching the footage even late in the afternoon yesterday.

Got me good it did, and I was only on my sofa!

Finally, as much as I want promotion and how huge it would be for this club, it’s going to take something special at Wembley to beat the emotions felt this week.

Villa have beaten us 7-0 on aggregate already this season, but there was no sideshow, no widespread arrogance or self entitlement going on before or after the games. There is the added motivation to beat them on the third try when it matters the most, but it’s just nowhere near the same level as beating Leeds.

I’ll stop there as I’ve finally burnt the excess adrenaline off out of my system, need a day or two to recover without getting myself amped up again ?

10 hours ago, philmycock said:

Why are my ears still ringing like I was stood next to an amp at a gig, were we that loud last night?

When our second goal went in, the Rams fans made more noise than  33,000 Leeds fans could make at any point in the game. COYR

Did the Rams ever have a management team that were so close to the players and fans. 400 plus alcoholic drinks and one diet coke served at Rams' Duffield pub party according to Sun. £2,800 bar bill. Ouch. Do the maths.... 

401 drinks Divided by Number of people at party equals  Number of people at party minus one bladdered people plus one non bladderedd person. 

Who drank that Diet Coke?

??????????????............... 

2 hours ago, David said:

Yeah, and I’m not looking to call anyone out over a clash of opinions but a few dismissed it as nothing at the time as well.

You have comments like it wasn’t illegal but the same people will then question the morality behind selling our stadium. Something which many clubs have openly done. I just can’t wrap my head around that, any of it.

Anyway, you only have to see and listen to Frank at full time to realise this wasn’t nothing. I honestly think the whole thing and with the stop crying Frank Lampard songs gave our lads that extra motivation to literally Ram it down their throats at Elland Road. 

Whilst the whole affair still doesn’t sit right with me, it added the spice which made Wednesday night one of, if not the greatest nights I’ve experienced supporting this club. I was still fist pumping with a little moisture in my eyes watching the footage even late in the afternoon yesterday.

Got me good it did, and I was only on my sofa!

Finally, as much as I want promotion and how huge it would be for this club, it’s going to take something special at Wembley to beat the emotions felt this week.

Villa have beaten us 7-0 on aggregate already this season, but there was no sideshow, no widespread arrogance or self entitlement going on before or after the games. There is the added motivation to beat them on the third try when it matters the most, but it’s just nowhere near the same level as beating Leeds.

I’ll stop there as I’ve finally burnt the excess adrenaline off out of my system, need a day or two to recover without getting myself amped up again ?

We beat Hull 6-0 over two games and lost the play offs to them. We can beat Villa. Not too much to write home about against WBA in play offs. WBA were robbed by ref decisions imo. Great day for Rams. More than a victory. The exorcising of many disappointments and crap football last year. Whatever happens at Wembley, this is a just brilliant time to be a Rams fan. Still watching replays. I know. ??

On 17/05/2019 at 10:35, Rampage said:

When our second goal went in, the Rams fans made more noise than  33,000 Leeds fans could make at any point in the game. COYR

That's the goal I think I cheered the loudest, I think at that point as we were level in the tie, I could see a good rest of the tie and genuinely had every bit of faith in the Rams. 

So many pundits have called it the game of the season and as @David says, every other group of fans hates Leeds and were pleased for us. It shouldn't be a badge of honour to be the most despised team in the Championship.

What a thing to have scored 4 away at Norwich, West Brom and the dirty Leeds!

And despite David's OP, even a couple of the gumps were clearly entertained!

"As good as the comebacks at Liverpool and Amsterdam in the Champions League"

"The highlight of the season"

1801833324_PlayoffpraiseLTLF.thumb.JPG.72cd29fc531a08615439cf00ffbf9c6e.JPG

On 16/05/2019 at 20:01, reveldevil said:

I was still pissed this morning, bounced into work in Nottingham (via Uber) with Oasis and Doris Day as earworms, then produced the most amazing work throughout the morning, if I do say so myself.

Started feeling a little less lively approaching lunch, and decided an all day breakfast tray from the local cafe would sort me out.

Big mistake, my body obviously wasn't prepared for solids after 24hrs of liquid only intake, and it went through me like an Irish centre half goes through the Leeds midfield.

Only just managed to hold it together until the end of lunch break, after all I'm not going to the toilet without being paid for it, battled through another hour then clocked out and went home to bed!

I don't think my Forest supporting boss was too impressed, but seeing as he'd sent me a message last night at 10pm telling me not to drink too much because I had a big job on next morning, I think I showed remarkable professionalism in the circumstances.

Well done, hope you smashed it. Youth is wasted on the young.

I've well and truly learned my lesson.

My firm didn't dock me the 2.5 hrs lost last week, and the my last words to the gaffer were "Enjoy your holiday", seeing as he was jetting off early the next morning.

"I'll try, although we're that far behind on deliveries I probably won't", or something similar. 

I felt a pang of guilt, which delayed my afternoon nap by seconds, but have endeavoured to put things right this week.

I've already racked up 8 hours of OT this week, which started last Friday pay wise, which will more than compensate when I blob it next Tuesday!

After that, I'm on holiday anyway, a bollocking delayed is a bollocking dodged.

Archived