Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

Just noticed on the official website ticket page that it says they are NOT operating a waiting list for tickets

In which case I assume that  if people return tickets to the ticket office that it's a lottery as to who gets them.

Must be worth people ringing up at regular intervals to ask if they've had any returns?

Or maybe they will wait until they have a sizeable number and release them back on sale

Tickets are non refundable, so they won't get any returns.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

So if someone has a genuine  reason that they can't make it - that's kind of actively encouraging them to tout ?

If they're a genuine Rams fan, passing the ticket on at face value (which is what a real fan would do) can't surely be classed as touting?

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If they're a genuine Rams fan, passing the ticket on at face value (which is what a real fan would do) can't surely be classed as touting?

That's a fair point, but when the Ts &Cs tell you that it's an offence to sell them on (at any price), I wonder why the club are not accepting returns. They do for normal games (especially away games)

I’m not ready for this until @B4ev6is starts a new thread about going into battle, come on mate, we need whipping into a frenzy.... we are waiting 

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

That's a fair point, but when the Ts &Cs tell you that it's an offence to sell them on (at any price), I wonder why the club are not accepting returns. They do for normal games (especially away games)

It's not too different to 'buying for a mate' though

Villa are dangerous and a side packed full of quality and will be rightly confident after the double drubbings they gave us earlier in the season...however, worth considering that over 46 matches they were only 2 points better than us. 

If we don’t bring our A game then I expect to be beaten comfortably but if we bring the performances that dragged us back into the play offs, the West Brom performance, the Leeds away second half performance then we’ve got a fighting chance. 

Especially if villa play like they did in the last 2 matches rather than the 11 before them. 

Roos

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Cole

Johnson

Mount

Holmes

Lawrence

Wilson

Waghorn if fit

I think the team largely picks itself. Nine positions are nailed down.

The only question marks will be over Holmes in midfield and who plays up front.

He might opt for Huddlestone in midfield to give us another experienced player in a key area, a calm head and someone who can pick a pass.

Personally I’d opt for the mobility of Holmes, thinking about the Wembley conditions. He will offer energy, bite, direct running which will give Villa something to think about.

I’d also give Waghorn the nod if fit. I just think he offers more in general play and is a good finisher when presented with a chance. The good thing is that Marriott and Bennett could easily step in, and they will be feeling confident after their exploits against Leeds.

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Roos

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Cole

Johnson

Mount

Holmes

Lawrence

Wilson

Waghorn if fit

I think the team largely picks itself. Nine positions are nailed down.

The only question marks will be over Holmes in midfield and who plays up front.

He might opt for Huddlestone in midfield to give us another experienced player in a key area, a calm head and someone who can pick a pass.

Personally I’d opt for the mobility of Holmes, thinking about the Wembley conditions. He will offer energy, bite, direct running which will give Villa something to think about.

I’d also give Waghorn the nod if fit. I just think he offers more in general play and is a good finisher when presented with a chance. The good thing is that Marriott and Bennett could easily step in, and they will be feeling confident after their exploits against Leeds.

Can't believe you've got the nerve to comment on team selection after last time!

To an earlier point, I believe it would be illegal (for the club) to sell the match tickets without the option of a refund. 

With the exception (I believe) for season tickets (which has special dispensation from such law), all match-day tickets must come with a refund policy.  Obviously it would need to be done prior to kick off, and there may well be other T & C's, but a refund shouldn't be a problem.  Whether that refund would/could come from DCFC or Wembley in this instance, I know not.

Without the appropriate licence, selling at face value is as illegal as selling at a profit (or even a loss!), although I doubt plod would be overly interested in the odd ticket being sold at or close to face value.  Giving away as a present is of course acceptable, but just be aware that should the buyer/receiver of said ticket then go on to commit murder during the half time lull, that seat/ticket is registered to you! So think on!

#standtobecorrected

14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Can't believe you've got the nerve to comment on team selection after last time!

I still stand by what I said. I went to the home leg and the Leeds home game in August and in both games Mount and Wilson were completely shut down, so in the context of the two games that had gone before, it was obvious Frank had to change something to get the better of Leeds. Until Wednesday, it looked like Leeds had a spell over us.

Don’t you change something when it’s not working? The three games prior, neither Wilson or Mount got a kick.

Frank did change things around. Maybe not such a drastic change as my suggestion, but a change nonetheless.

And what does it matter now? The team obviously used people, Rams fans or otherwise, writing them off as motivation for their best performance of the season.

So, you’re welcome!

A few points that I'm not sure have been brought up in this thread:

1) Mason Mount played in neither of the Aston Villa games this season. Statistically he is easily our most important player

2) In the home match, the game was 0-0 until 74 minutes

3) In the away match, we went in from a three game losing streak, and Lampard put out an experimental team including starting Max Bird

Gives me a bit more faith. We may not be favourites but there's no reason we can't beat them.

This season we've gone through in away cup ties at Old Trafford and St Mary's. And few would have begrudged us doing the same after our performance against an in-form Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

We've won away at Norwich, West Brom, Bristol City and Leeds when it mattered. When the chips were down. We've continually come from behind and overcome the odds.

People are saying Villa are favourites, and what a run they've had, but we are a big occasion team chock full of skill and belief. We can beat anyone. Even if we go behind, we can beat anyone. Even when decisions go against us (eg our penalty rescinded and Leeds also being given an offside goal), we can beat anyone.

The players need to believe a week today, and they will. We fans need to believe too. If we go behind, we need to still believe and get behind the team even more. If we're in front and pegged back, we need to still believe and get behind the team even more. We are told over and over again what a difference our support makes to the players. How we matter to them. Let's all play our part. Come on you Rams! ?????

Villa are a good side and deserved favourites, but we can match them and win if we play to the best of our ability.

My only concern is how much gas do we have left in the tank?

We required big performances against QPR, Swansea, Bristol City, WBA and Leeds just to get this point, whereas Villa finished in the top six comfortably in the end.

Some of our players have played 50 games or more this season.

Can we lift ourselves and give enough to handle another crunch game, another big occasion, probably the biggest game in their careers minus Cole?

It’ll be close and competitive whatever happens. I could see 2-1 to either side.

1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Was Holmes subbed in the first half of the Leeds game because he was injured or was it Frank being a tactical genius?

if he was injured, will he be ok for the final?

cheers 

Injured, I think it was a bit of a gamble on our part as he was perhaps carrying a knock but played through it then frank thought he was not being effective enough because of the injury,, that’s the way I read things from th3 interviews given

Archived